Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Fun w/ Excel  (Read 11030 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2009, 03:31:29 am »

Did it bother anybody else that 2009 is only really about half over and thus the alarming stats aren't that bad? I know there's been a downturn. As I grow older, I become less comfortable with candid public discussion on the intartubes. This shit is archived. At least on FB only the spooks can read it, as long as my privacy settings haven't been reset by changing networks or some bullshit.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2009, 03:42:23 am »

i hope I never work for someone who looks me up online and really hates Little Nephew or something.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2009, 08:02:01 am »

STFU or I will stab you in the neck with my peen.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2009, 01:03:08 pm »

Did it bother anybody else that 2009 is only really about half over and thus the alarming stats aren't that bad? I know there's been a downturn. As I grow older, I become less comfortable with candid public discussion on the intartubes. This shit is archived. At least on FB only the spooks can read it, as long as my privacy settings haven't been reset by changing networks or some bullshit.

When did we forget our dreams?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2009, 01:29:15 pm »

Why is she wrong Robert Seltken?

Oh, I guess you are right Gondola Eric, the earlier years, wasn't here then so it doesn't exist to me you know.

chimney stevens.
steamboat dave.
tim baxter.
holdstein cromwell.
crusty the mechanic.
barcelona adams.
rebecca truewall.
stephanie cantu.
i like making silly names!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 01:35:58 pm by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2009, 01:37:43 pm »

I don't know, just posting instead of silently reading, this is what I come up with, sorry.

Also, an alias?!?!! ohh shiiiiiiit
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2009, 01:51:02 pm »

I'm guessing Ash rocks the financial year?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2009, 02:06:12 pm »

That's the policy I generally maintain, though I guess facebook screwed that up too.

Also we'd have to be church, way too many weird rituals and code words for it to be otherwise plus we can't actually affect your life in any way (and when we do it's always weird and unexpected).
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2009, 02:27:57 pm »

I wish we were State. We'd run things better.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2009, 02:34:47 pm »

Until a prescriptive vs descriptive schism tore the nation apart in centuries of bloody religious warfare.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2009, 06:50:15 pm »

I hate it. Do you hear that, Financial Year? I have a burning passion of hatred for you.  You are a Silly Thing.

It is kind of silly, but imagine having to work over the week of Christmas and New Years because you had to get all your budget stuff done.  That would suck.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2009, 07:11:36 pm »

It is kind of silly, but imagine having to work over the week of Christmas and New Years because you had to get all your budget stuff done.  That would suck.

I always figured it was so the fiscal-year-end stuff wasn't happening at the same time as tax-year-end stuff. Otherwise you'd have to like double your accounting department for that month to prep W2's and process budgets at the same time.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2009, 12:06:28 am »

A can for 'Greg'
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2009, 03:17:00 am »

Dear Fiscal Year, your big brother Greg. Calendar called again. I think he wants to make up, are you still holding a grudge? He is family, you know. It'd be nice if you, Roman, Mayan and the rest could get together for the holidays just once.

Careful, or Neil Gaiman will come over and challenge you to an identical elephant suit contest. The winner is or will become the writer of a Duran Duran biography.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2010, 01:29:40 am »

I had an Excel crisis at work yesterday. Instead of figuring it out my friend fixed it for me. I'll never learn this way.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up