Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?  (Read 20154 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2009, 06:20:43 am »

I remember seeing some interview or something with stapp talking about having like 3 shots of jager (it is a dessert drink people, please don't drink this to get drunk) before shows and how his life was spinning out of control.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2009, 02:17:42 pm »

Oh man what if Edison and Tesla had a rap battle.


The challenge.
Edison thinks himself a rhyme creator
But you can call me Tesla the Alternator
First I zig, then I zag like alternating current
My rhymes are gonna shock you and not one of them is errant
So watch as my rhymes ignite and light the dark
Unless you wanna step on dog shit walking in Menlo Park

The response.
You try to step to Edison the Incandescent?
I've electrocuted elephants, you prepubescent!
Your lighting is as dim as a gaslight and match
Now let me invent the phonograph so my DJ can scratch
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2009, 05:24:25 pm »

Keep in mind that English was not Nikola's mother tongue.

Keep that in mind while you drink this tiny can of Dr. Pepper that I am giving you.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2009, 04:38:52 am »

Oh man what if Edison and Tesla had a rap battle.

Tesla would be recognized as the winner, but only decades after his death.

Another can for the inimitable Bobby.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2009, 08:16:48 pm »

Tesla would get help from Mark Twain and win by ten million.

(At my brother's job, he named two machines Tim and Eric.)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2009, 10:40:37 pm »

This ( http://www.route78west.com/rt78w/plist09/plist09.htm ) is the greatest thing.

For real, if you like americana music at all you have to download every one of these available.  T. Texas Tyler, Red Simpson, Buck Owens and his Buckaroos, and Man or Astroman living peacefully, and awesomely, together.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #111 on: August 25, 2009, 04:51:57 am »

I remember seeing some interview or something with stapp talking about having like 3 shots of jager (it is a dessert drink people, please don't drink this to get drunk) before shows and how his life was spinning out of control.

Scott knew his life was spinning out of control when he needed to get lightly buzzed before performing. Shooting Jager is a gateway to Smirnoff Ice, and soon his contract rider demanded a variety six pack including the new pomegranate and mango flavors.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #112 on: August 25, 2009, 03:52:25 pm »

This ( http://www.route78west.com/rt78w/plist09/plist09.htm ) is the greatest thing.

For real, if you like americana music at all you have to download every one of these available.  T. Texas Tyler, Red Simpson, Buck Owens and his Buckaroos, and Man or Astroman living peacefully, and awesomely, together.
I like it. As does the wife.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #113 on: August 25, 2009, 09:16:50 pm »

Creed decided Columbus, Ohio would be a good place to play on their reunion tour and they booked the 19,000-seat Nationwide Arena as the venue.  We do have our share of people who can't get past that era in music (Staind, Limp Bizkit, 3 Doors Down, etc) but even the radio station that catered to their taste decided it was more reasonable to play Guns N Roses every third song with Metallica in between.

It appears they may have over-estimated demand because they've had to slash ticket prices: Now all seats are $10 to $15 and we're being given tickets by the stack as "promotional items."

Definitely one of those "Winner gets four tickets to see Creed, 2nd Place gets eight tickets to see Creed" situations.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #114 on: August 25, 2009, 11:10:27 pm »

Definitely one of those "Winner gets four tickets to see Creed, 2nd Place gets eight tickets to see Creed" situations.

Maybe they should play prisons... as punishment.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #115 on: August 26, 2009, 03:02:06 am »

Seems to be a lot of that going around.  We were at the Fairfax County Fair earlier this summer, and the stand from the local mall (which tells you what kind of fair we have in Fairfax county--no farm animals on display here, sadly) was giving out tickets to New Kids on the Block at the Patriot Center.  Then last month I was at a Nats game, and they said if you bought a sandwich from the new barbecue stand,  you could get a free ticket to Depeche Mode at Nissan Pavilion.  (I actually thought about that one, but I had already gotten food so I passed on it.)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #116 on: August 26, 2009, 03:13:00 am »

First prize, a new car. Second prize... set of steak knives.

Third prize? You're CREED'D!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #117 on: August 26, 2009, 03:37:31 pm »

If it was Duran Duran, though? I would totally eat an extra sandwich for Duran Duran.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #118 on: August 26, 2009, 03:39:04 pm »

If it was Duran Duran, though? I would totally eat an extra sandwich for Duran Duran.

I would too, but only if I was Hungry Like the Wolves.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Great thing, or Greatest Thing?
« Reply #119 on: August 27, 2009, 12:51:45 am »

I would too, but only if I was Hungry Like the Wolves.

I'm afraid my expanding waist could cause my ##### to Come Undone.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up