Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Songs You Love  (Read 30740 times)

0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #135 on: December 02, 2009, 03:52:04 am »

crap! I keep remembering more songs!

I listened to this song like 800 times this summer, it makes me really sad and happy at the same time.

It is so beautiful.

I really like loud music, and probably listen to loud angry/sassy/whatever music the most... but folky music is what gets me all worked up.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #136 on: December 02, 2009, 04:05:48 am »

oh, also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4mfVyLxYu8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrNSjItTfes

Seriously, these songs are amazing.  Both by the black Lips, Veni Vedi Vici and Bad Kids.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 04:40:51 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #137 on: December 02, 2009, 07:52:42 am »

one more:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hYV-JSjpyU
 
good the bad and the ugly theme.  ennio morricone is the tits.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #138 on: December 02, 2009, 08:10:39 am »

Who doesn't love Ennio Morricone? They better stay away from me, unless they want to see their own insides anyway.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #139 on: December 13, 2009, 01:03:25 pm »

Pretty shitty video for sound quality but: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRxIVQmvLo4
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2009, 04:42:00 am »

Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #141 on: December 14, 2009, 06:38:17 am »

Such a good album.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2009, 07:47:39 am »

One of the best goddamned albums ever put to vinyl, holy crap.

The title track and "Revolution Blues" are similarly amazing.

"Revolution Blues" is fun as hell to sing in LA traffic, too.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2009, 02:09:58 am »

Here are mine:

The Bengals' cover of Hazy Shade of Winter. I first heard it when I was a child, and I didn't know who Simon & Garfunkel or The Bengals were, but it didn't matter, because I knew it was good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG9PVucS9aw

"Oh, You Pretty Things" - David Bowie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgQHZjAafo4

"I Am A Scientist" - Guided by Voices http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN9x6zckn18

"Maps" - Yeah Yeah Yeahs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jdcOXDl-bA

David Bowie - "Kooks". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chtMQpeXyuc It's just so sweet! When I have kids, Future Wife and I will sing this to them.

Nirvana's cover of "Plateau". It's what I sing quietly to stave off panic attacks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtMZTsiavw0

Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2009, 05:17:42 am »

"Maps" - Yeah Yeah Yeahs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jdcOXDl-bA

I love that song, and not just 'cause I can nail the vocals even at expert level in Rock Band. 

Also, it's the Bangles.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2009, 05:20:57 am »

This has made me realize that we need either a Bangles cover of a Mr. Bungle song or a Mr. Bungle cover of a Bangles song.

Now.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2009, 08:46:31 am »

Also, it's the Bangles.

Oops. Yeah, I guess bracelets make a lot more sense than tigers. I was focusing hard on proper apostrophe use that it slipped right by me. Which tigers can do, because they're stealthy.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #147 on: December 15, 2009, 01:37:39 pm »

Walk Like the Ickey Shuffle?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #148 on: December 15, 2009, 02:37:30 pm »

Walk Like the Ickey Shuffle?

The concert was going really, really well, and then in the first song of the encore, bang someone tackles Suzanna Hoffs and she tears her ACL.  And that's pretty much all she wrote.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #149 on: December 21, 2009, 07:35:21 pm »

Hey, here's my end-of-year mix.

1. Superchunk "Learned to Surf"
2. Santigold "Lights Out"
3. The Broken West "Perfect Games"
4. Company of Thieves "Oscar Wilde"
5. Man Plus "A Ghost is a Ghost"
6. Metric "Sick Muse"
7. Friendly Fires "Skeleton Boy"
8. Lykke Li "Little Bit"
9. Glasvegas "Geraldine"
10. Doves "Kingdom of Rust"
11. Silversun Pickups "Panic Switch"
12. Pela "Lost to the Lonesome"
13. Neko Case "Red Tide"
14. Grand Archives "Torn Blue Foam Couch"
15. The Avett Brothers "Ten Thousdan Words"
16. Bon Iver "Blood Bank"
17. The Temper Trap "Sweet Disposition"
18. Animal Collective "My Girls"

Downloadable at:
ftp.bigfool.com
user name:  bigfoo_guest
password:  r0x0rz!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up