Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Halloween 2009  (Read 7075 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween 2009
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2009, 05:30:22 pm »

My band played an original score to Murnau's Nosferatu at Vanderbilt University that night. The best effort I saw was definitely the film studies professor who introduced the film in a very well-made Count Orlok costume.

I have friends who did that.  Two Star Symphony they are called.  More recently they've done The Cabinet of Dr. Calagari.  I mostly know Kirk the drummer.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Halloween 2009
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2009, 06:19:42 pm »

I have friends who did that.  Two Star Symphony they are called.  More recently they've done The Cabinet of Dr. Calagari.  I mostly know Kirk the drummer.
Very nice. Always good to meet fellow travelers. If they ever make it up St. Louis way, tell them to get in touch. Maybe we could do a thing.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween 2009
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2009, 06:45:02 pm »

Very nice. Always good to meet fellow travelers. If they ever make it up St. Louis way, tell them to get in touch. Maybe we could do a thing.

Hey, another St Louisan.  I was just there last weekend.  What part of St Louis are you in?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween 2009
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2009, 06:46:37 pm »

I had a quiet night in on Halloween, watching a variety of horer movies, eating too much chocolate, and having fun meeting the neighbourhood kids.

In vaguely related news:  in the coolest way possible, this guy went as himself for Halloween.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Halloween 2009
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2009, 08:22:25 pm »

Hey, another St Louisan.  I was just there last weekend.  What part of St Louis are you in?
Lived in Tower Grove South for the last ten years or so, recently relocated to Northampton for the (relative) peace.

You?
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween 2009
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2009, 09:13:36 pm »

We live in Kentucky, but Mrs. West grew up in South County right off Tesson Ferry.  When we met we lived on Alfred right across from the Botanical Gardens.  Mrs. West's brother and his family live on Hartford, right near Grand.  Fun stuff.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Halloween 2009
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2009, 10:14:10 pm »

Mrs. West's brother and his family live on Hartford, right near Grand.
My band practices on Wyoming. Your wife's family can probably hear us shouting as we drunkenly make our way back from Mangia at 3 o'clock on any given morning.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Halloween 2009
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2009, 03:00:52 am »

oh, I live in St Louis, too. I go to WashU. I live right on the border of UCity and St Louis proper. I am equidistant between the Skinker and Delmar Loop metro stops.

also: my friend says he has heard of you, and that his brother is friends with a member of your band. His brother is in the Hibernauts.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Halloween 2009
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2009, 03:48:19 am »

I'm sorry but it's not a costume-of-self without a plastic smock upon which there is a drawing of yourself saying "Trick or Treat".

We shall call this "The He-man Rule".
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween 2009
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2009, 05:57:44 am »

Very nice. Always good to meet fellow travelers. If THEY ever make it up St. Louis way, tell them to get in touch. Maybe we could do a thing.

Well isn't that just fine, you invite my friends, but not me.  Total assetbar move dude.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Halloween 2009
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2009, 06:11:15 am »

Quote from: pmcd9
Total assetbar move dude.

Not canning this would be a total assetbar move.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Halloween 2009
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2009, 07:59:37 am »

i think assetbars ears are ringing......
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Halloween 2009
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2009, 05:39:50 pm »

oh, I live in St Louis, too. I go to WashU. I live right on the border of UCity and St Louis proper. I am equidistant between the Skinker and Delmar Loop metro stops.

also: my friend says he has heard of you, and that his brother is friends with a member of your band. His brother is in the Hibernauts.
Well, goddamn. Yeah, we know them from way back. Well, our violinist is really the one who your friend's brother knows, but our old band definitely played with them once or twice a few years back. Damned interesting.

Well isn't that just fine, you invite my friends, but not me.  Total assetbar move dude.
Oh, you know we always gettin' rude over at the 'Bar! I was just gonna laugh at them and throw rocks and sticks at their car once they got here anyway. That's how we assetbarbarians do it.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up