Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos  (Read 14197 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2009, 07:42:44 am »

I guess now is a good time to say that the thing at the bottom of your posts is mispelled.  It is kids if you want to piss OFF your parents.

Also, I wish so hard that Busdriver had another good song.  That one and Gun Control are like two of the greatest songs ever, but the rest is meh at best.

good lookin out and agreed.  i also dig aesop rock, but hes got less than a dozen stand-out tracks and i like less than 7 or 8 of them.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2009, 11:29:16 am »

Hyphy anyone?

not the best song, but the best video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPNJjL9iznY
the best song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD_ltIXTaN8&feature=related

also, someone who liked to get stupid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnzw_i4YmKk the part where he runs the stopsign at the end is so good.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2009, 07:26:53 pm »

did you mean to link to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJDLRCXR2ZM&feature=related ?

the one you linked to was like, just the song, and a slideshow of hyphy-related pictures. I love that video.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2009, 11:49:36 pm »

On the topic of Talking Heads, the performance of "This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody)" from Stop Making Sense is a true thing of beauty.

Word. Edit: Nevermind. The sound and video are totally out of sync. I also wanted to mention that just the other day I popped that DVD in just to watch this part. So good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMF5A2oMDeE  The Muslims- Extinction

I found that here, too. I bought the LP because that song is so good, but also because each jacket is shot with a .22. The rest of the album is not as good, but not bad.

I have been liking Fever Ray's videos this year. I think I like this one best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F-CpE73o2M

This one is from The Knife:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WhQ5TiBHVk
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 01:32:04 am by miles »
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2009, 02:48:04 am »

did you mean to link to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJDLRCXR2ZM&feature=related ?

the one you linked to was like, just the song, and a slideshow of hyphy-related pictures. I love that video.

Yes I did, thank you.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2009, 02:43:51 am »

Hey, so that's where that breakdancing bear .gif comes from.

In a similar vein: Sonic Animation - Theophilus Thistler

And because it was in the related videos: The Avalanches - Frontier Psychiatrist
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 02:47:17 am by oball »
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2009, 06:54:43 am »

i wish hip hop was still nerdy and cool like that.  now you have to go looking pretty hard for creative shiz.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2009, 10:27:52 pm »

Gimme that Christian Side Hug

Possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.  They rough riders for Jesus.

Edited to fix link.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 10:59:38 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2009, 10:38:09 pm »

I watched that video and I am having a really hard time determining whether that is satire or not.

On the one hand, I went to a Jesus camp as a kid and saw stuff at least that ridiculous. On the other hand Christian Side Hug. I mean come on.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 10:46:00 pm by Mr Trout »
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2009, 11:00:17 pm »

I watched that video and I am having a really hard time determining whether that is satire or not.

That video looks completely on the level to me.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2009, 10:04:45 pm »

This lovely video is a gem of the 90's Canadian alternative scene, and features the Kids in the Hall.  Also, cross dressing.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2009, 10:18:01 pm »

The Odds!  Haven't thought of them in years.  I saw them at the CMJ conference in NYC in 2001.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2009, 10:28:21 pm »

I wonder how many interviews they did that were ultimately titled "Getting even with the Odds."
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2009, 06:13:39 am »

This lovely video is a gem of the 90's Canadian alternative scene, and features the Kids in the Hall.  Also, cross dressing.

i dig that tune.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up