Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Anticipation II: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 11831 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
No Mo Cawfee
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2003, 10:03:05 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Not sure why I went back.  Probably has something to do with sweet tea.


Ah sweet tea.  A drink so seductive you can almost hear her lilting southern timbre.  Not a crack-addled whore of a drink like Mountain Dew, no.

But just...
                         as...
                                              deadly.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
No Mo Cawfee
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2003, 10:03:08 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I've been on this ride -- this year.

I went cold turkey on caffeine back around March.  Lasted until almost June.  Now I'm back to a 20 oz. Diet Mountain Dew to start the morning with regular hits throughout the day.

I think Pedro has it about right, but it only took me a week to get that sweet alkaloid out of my system.  Had vicious headaches for the first three days.  Once I was through it, I was okey-dokey.

Not sure why I went back.  Probably has something to do with sweet tea.


I hate coffee so I generally start my day with a Cherry Coke or Mountain Dew.

What do you mean sweet tea?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
No Mo Cawfee
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2003, 10:06:42 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
The strongest stuff I drink is Mountain Dew and even that kind of pales in comparison to a hot cup o' joe.


Not So.  Mountain Dew is the racers edge.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
No Mo Cawfee
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2003, 10:12:47 pm »

I've been drinking at least a full pot of coffee a day for about six years.  Sometimes I'd even make a second pot and drink much of that.

I do drink a lot of fluids, still, but I'm trying to switch to water now.

It ain't easy.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
No Mo Cawfee
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2003, 10:15:36 pm »

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
Ah sweet tea.  A drink so seductive you can almost hear her lilting southern timbre.  Not a crack-addled whore of a drink like Mountain Dew, no.

But just...
                         as...
                                              deadly.


They'll take my sweet tea when they pry my cold dead fingers from the jug.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
No Mo Cawfee
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2003, 10:16:06 pm »

Sweet Tea is iced tea that has been pre-sweetened.  VERY pre-sweetened.  You get it in restaurants south of the Mason-Dixon line.

If you order iced tea, the waitress will ask you, "Sweet or Unsweet?"  Despite the fact that I only drink diet soda, I must have sweet tea.

Captain D's has good sweet tea.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
No Mo Cawfee
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2003, 10:18:41 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I hate coffee so I generally start my day with a Cherry Coke or Mountain Dew.

What do you mean sweet tea?


Come on down South and sit a spell.  I'll make a pitcher of sweet tea and we'll sit on the porch and watch the fireflies.  Sweet tea cannot be defined*, only experienced.  

Or, try this recipe.  Aaah, the message board once again returns to its roots: beverage recipes.  

*Actually, it can.  Sweet tea is iced tea with copious amounts of sugar, added while hot.  When the liquid cools it is supersaturated with sugar, allowing for a sweeter, smoother drink than is attainable by adding sugar to cold tea.  Very tasty.  
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

V-Adore

  • Guest
No Mo Cawfee
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2003, 11:47:03 pm »

I should get into sweet tea. It sounds like a good trip.

I had a friend in high school who swore by Caffeine-Free Diet Mountain Dew. I always sort of wondered what the point was...

Incidentally, do they sell caffeine-free non-diet Coke? Such a thing would probably help my quitting efforts, the more I come to think of it.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
No Mo Cawfee
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2003, 11:49:36 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
The strongest stuff I drink is Mountain Dew and even that kind of pales in comparison to a hot cup o' joe.


Not So.  Mountain Dew is the racers edge.

~Paul


That's not what the Straight Dope said.

This sweet tea stuff sounds terrible. I'm glad that even though I'm south of the mason-dixon line I'm still effectively in the north.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
No Mo Cawfee
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2003, 11:59:22 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
 I found a rib house that actually does sweet tea (not easy in SoCal)


Where?
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
No Mo Cawfee
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2003, 12:01:20 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Incidentally, do they sell caffeine-free non-diet Coke? Such a thing would probably help my quitting efforts, the more I come to think of it.


Yes.  In fact, I have bought it by accident more than once, when my wife thought I was getting her CFDC.  It's an easy mistake to make.  But a painful one.
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
No Mo Cawfee
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2003, 01:11:40 am »

I only recently discovered sweet tea myself.  Found it at a BBQ place outside Seattle.  It was a thing of beauty.  All my attempts to replicate it have been slightly disappointing.

Probably because I tried things like using loose leaf tea with blackberries and sage in it.  Not exactly authentic.  Oh, and if such a thing is possible, I do believe I put too much sugar into the tea.

As for caffeine-free sodas, having been forced to spend time in the cafeteria at Brigham Young University, I can say without a doubt that caffeine-free Coke exists, and is an abomination.  Of course, I don't even like regular Coke all that much...
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
No Mo Cawfee
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2003, 01:24:24 am »

Naw, sweet tea is good. I imbibe every chance I get. It tastes good. I mean, come on, basically it's iced tea made with a supersaturated water/sugar solution. What's not to like?
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
No Mo Cawfee
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2003, 01:29:52 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Incidentally, do they sell caffeine-free non-diet Coke? Such a thing would probably help my quitting efforts, the more I come to think of it.


Yes.  And Pepsi has an analogue, as well.  However, caffeine-free non-diet drinks can be hard to find, especially in restaurants.  

Best of luck to you.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
No Mo Cawfee
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2003, 01:49:50 am »

As someone who's sugar intake is probably somewhere in the realms of a few micrograms a month, sweet tea sounds absolutely foul!
Thanks for letting me know (though I wouldn't anyway) not to choose sweetend when ordering iced tea there!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up