Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: ACHEWOOD AND TOUAMB AND  (Read 22500 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: ACHEWOOD AND TOUAMB AND
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2010, 03:33:48 am »

I don't see what this thread has to do with Achewood; I think it should be locked and/or deleted.

amen
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Thomas Pain

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -49
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
  • TOUAMB 2009/2010 TROLL OF THE YEAR
    • View Profile
Re: ACHEWOOD AND TOUAMB AND
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2010, 03:42:00 am »

I don't see what this thread has to do with Achewood; I think it should be locked and/or deleted.

see that's what I've been saying all along about this whole board!  finally someone agrees with me

but seriously, this particular thread is in wildcard, and, it's completely open ended

Re: ACHEWOOD AND TOUAMB AND...
Logged

Thomas Pain

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -49
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
  • TOUAMB 2009/2010 TROLL OF THE YEAR
    • View Profile
Re: ACHEWOOD AND TOUAMB AND
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2010, 03:57:46 am »

greenkoolayd is puerto rican? 

re: bobby isosceles, yeah I hadn't heard of the tit for two tats, just tit for tat.  But then I'm not an expert on any of this stuff anyway.  just kinda trying to make the most sense of it that my lay mind is capable of.  but I guess that's true of most of us with all this gee whiz bang modern science crap nowadays.

your description of the touambfags as match counters was hilarious.  I hadn't considered that possibility before, but it makes sense I suppose, that such an environment would attract aspies.  it attracted me, anyway.

when it comes to dox dropping... that shit is going to be a thing of the past soon.  As new and better techniques are developed to exchange information, the possibilities of google for exposing personal information and making connections between once disparate bits of information is all going to look like chump change.  humanity is headed head first for an era that for lack of a better metaphor can be called the 'borg' stage of evolution, where exchange of knowledge is instantaneous.  it'll be interesting...

well thanks for ruining my fun and bringing cogent though into the trolling/game harassment equation.  I swear to f'in god if the next time I have my d1ck up some chick's asshole and I'm about to break up with her at the same time that I cum, and I find myself unable to cum, I'm coming looking for you instead...!



And in the end, that's the Golden Rule, isn't it?

Harumph.  maybe.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: ACHEWOOD AND TOUAMB AND
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2010, 04:00:23 am »

greenkoolayd is puerto rican? 

o_O

what gave you that idea?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Thomas Pain

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -49
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
  • TOUAMB 2009/2010 TROLL OF THE YEAR
    • View Profile
Re: ACHEWOOD AND TOUAMB AND
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2010, 05:28:17 am »

I had some friends once that was from Puerto Rico and you look similar to them so logical deduction is you is from there or maybe your ancestors is from there.  Do you know Angel? 
Logged

Thomas Pain

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -49
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
  • TOUAMB 2009/2010 TROLL OF THE YEAR
    • View Profile
Re: ACHEWOOD AND TOUAMB AND
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2010, 01:11:09 pm »

I don't see what this thread has to do with Achewood; I think it should be locked and/or deleted.

By the way, that's a rather worrisome attitude to see expressed.  You come across like some autocrat drunk with power.  I mean, if you're gonna propose deleting one or more person's speech, you should express the rationale.  If it's such a blatant case that no rationale needs expressing, then go ahead and just delete it already.  Conducting a discussion with the rationale hidden between the lines and implied instead of expressed directly and overtly has the effect of cultivating an atmosphere of exclusivity and privilege, serving to disenfranchise those who aren't privy to the secret rationales being developed by the privileged elite.  The right to confront the accusations being leveraged against one's self is fundamental to due process.  But I seriously don't believe for a second that some of the people who run this board have any respect for the role of due process in any form of society...
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: ACHEWOOD AND TOUAMB AND
« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2010, 01:39:52 pm »

But I seriously don't believe for a second that some of the people who run this board have any respect for the role of due process in any form of society...


Help! Help! I'm being oppressed!!11!  The mean ol' people (who I keep kicking in the shins) want me to go away because I act like an asshole.

The government owes you due process.  I don't.

Fuck off, whiny.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: ACHEWOOD AND TOUAMB AND
« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2010, 02:30:17 pm »

By the way, that's a rather worrisome attitude to see expressed.  You come across like some autocrat drunk with power.  I mean, if you're gonna propose deleting one or more person's speech, you should express the rationale.  If it's such a blatant case that no rationale needs expressing, then go ahead and just delete it already.  Conducting a discussion with the rationale hidden between the lines and implied instead of expressed directly and overtly has the effect of cultivating an atmosphere of exclusivity and privilege, serving to disenfranchise those who aren't privy to the secret rationales being developed by the privileged elite.  The right to confront the accusations being leveraged against one's self is fundamental to due process.  But I seriously don't believe for a second that some of the people who run this board have any respect for the role of due process in any form of society...


Sorry, I forgot that they don't have sarcasm in Texas.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: ACHEWOOD AND TOUAMB AND
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2010, 03:26:36 pm »

I'm always fascinated by those internet people who think that 'free speech' means that I am supposed to let people stand around my living room and spout off stuff that I find offensive. August would know this better than me, but I am pretty sure that is not what the founding fathers had in mind.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: ACHEWOOD AND TOUAMB AND
« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2010, 03:27:02 pm »

Sorry, I forgot that they don't have sarcasm in Texas.

He, too, is being sarcastic.

My God, people; it's like all of you Rain Men are trying to be funny with all the grace of an epileptic sumo wrestler with a sledgehammer. You are like deaf people trying to play Telephone. You are like blind people trying to play Pin The Tail on the Donkey. You are like mute people trying to play ... another game of Telephone.

We neurotypicals don't try to toothpick-count, do we? In return, please don't do sarcasm. Please stick to Aspie-Approved "funny" things like quoting Monty Python ad Nauseam and XKCD "punchlines" please. In return, everyone will promise to "laugh."

Thank you.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: ACHEWOOD AND TOUAMB AND
« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2010, 03:31:03 pm »

I'm always fascinated by those internet people who think that 'free speech' means that I am supposed to let people stand around my living room and spout off stuff that I find offensive. August would know this better than me, but I am pretty sure that is not what the founding fathers had in mind.


The blackhat/b-tard/H4X0R TH3 PL4N3+ types do not believe that the Intertrons count as your living room. After all, your entryway to the Intertubes is connected to their entryway. As far as they are concerned, the Internet is a giant easement and therefore should be considered shared property. Thus, anything you put on the Interwebs is free for all. Also, we are the Borg, apparently. Why, it's the 21st century and we have Twitter, so we must be becoming the Borg. Never mind the fact that there hasn't been a single day in human history without war, that we can't even get everyone in this country to agree the President is natural-born and that there are religions that maintain schisms over things that happened 1500 years ago. All of this is IRRELEVANT! We have Web 2.0 Ajax APIs and SMS text messaging from Web applications! Clearly we are A HIVE MIND.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: ACHEWOOD AND TOUAMB AND
« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2010, 04:42:44 pm »


The blackhat/b-tard/H4X0R TH3 PL4N3+ types do not believe that the Intertrons count as your living room. After all, your entryway to the Intertubes is connected to their entryway. As far as they are concerned, the Internet is a giant easement and therefore should be considered shared property. Thus, anything you put on the Interwebs is free for all. Also, we are the Borg, apparently. Why, it's the 21st century and we have Twitter, so we must be becoming the Borg. Never mind the fact that there hasn't been a single day in human history without war, that we can't even get everyone in this country to agree the President is natural-born and that there are religions that maintain schisms over things that happened 1500 years ago. All of this is IRRELEVANT! We have Web 2.0 Ajax APIs and SMS text messaging from Web applications! Clearly we are A HIVE MIND.


OK, that explains why they think they are entitled to come into our living room.  What I don't understand is why they want to.  We're boring, hypocritical, unenlightened.  Why spend any more time than required around such clods?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: ACHEWOOD AND TOUAMB AND
« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2010, 04:55:52 pm »

OK, that explains why they think they are entitled to come into our living room.  What I don't understand is why they want to.  We're boring, hypocritical, unenlightened.  Why spend any more time than required around such clods?

Two words: Lulz.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: ACHEWOOD AND TOUAMB AND
« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2010, 05:50:35 pm »

Two words: Lulz.

This is funny?  Really?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: ACHEWOOD AND TOUAMB AND
« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2010, 08:38:19 pm »

This is funny?  Really?

Maybe lulz ain't exactly "funny". What do I know, I was born in the 70's.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up