Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Gulf Shore Alabama  (Read 9751 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2010, 05:38:51 pm »

Jeremiah Weed? I always see it at the bar but I usually stick to beer and whiskey.

That's the one.  I am not a tea drinker under any circumstances, so I too will stick to beer and bourbon.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2010, 06:48:21 pm »

Yeah, plus I have a terrible head cold and fly out on Saturday, so I'm on a herbal tea and zinc lozenge swilling spree right now.  Hopefully I'm set to fly.  I don't want the whole trip kiboshed due to being a biohazard.

I'm working my last day at the old job today, and I've done all my work, so now I'm just watching the clock.  I ran out on my lunch break and picked up some USD, which is almost at par with the Canadian dollar. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2010, 07:07:00 pm »

So if any of us are ever photographed nude and that photography becomes publicly available, it is your policy that we should make The Community aware of it the moment we know of it, just to nip it in the bud as well as in the service of good-natured sharing? This is a great idea, both sexily and practically, Ash. It just Makes Sense.

Here is a tiny can in trade for your brochure.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2010, 07:32:47 pm »

Unless things have changed since I moved away, grocery stores are beer/wine only in Alabama, and even that can vary by county.  Seek out an ABC store for the best value in liquor.  I don't know how this works, but it is always a long drive to the ABC store.

Hope you feel better for the flight!
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2010, 08:26:26 pm »

im glad youre not going across the pond.  europe must be a mess in the wake of volcanogate.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2010, 11:06:54 pm »

According to this hard liquor is sold only in package stores in Alabama.  Other stores carry beer and wine.  It also says that 2/3 of the state is totally dry.  Further checking reveals that Gulf Shores is in Baldwin County which is wet.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2010, 12:09:09 am »

According to this hard liquor is sold only in package stores in Alabama.  Other stores carry beer and wine.  It also says that 2/3 of the state is totally dry.  Further checking reveals that Gulf Shores is in Baldwin County which is wet.

'Course it is! It's on the gulf!

[/rimshot]
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2010, 05:13:54 am »

A friend and I were reading about liquor laws online at work the other day, and "moist" is a term we frequently found to refer to states or counties that allowed the sale of booze but had restrictions? Or maybe just allowed the sale of beer? But yeah, moist was how they were described. Which we found to be hilarious.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2010, 05:24:10 am »

"Yeah, we live in a damp county."
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2010, 03:42:08 pm »

Well I want to thank y'all for your input.  I'll keep my eyes peeled and report back on what I learned about alcohole consumption in Alabama.  I fly out tomorrow, and considering my head cold is still raging, I'm not sure if I will be much interested in the hooch.  It doesn't sit well with me when ill, but I'm sure to shake it off during my vacation, which may lead to ill-advise and immediate celebratory behaviors.  We'll see.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2010, 05:08:54 pm »

couple shots of bourbon will clean out your nasals, don't forget
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2010, 11:54:26 am »

Back from the Gulf odd that after I leave a place there always seems to be a sudden media focus on the area.  The oil spill didn't affect my time there, but seeing all the pictures makes me sad as my time there was idyllic and peaceful - especially watching pelacans dive into the water for their chow.

Also, there was wine and beer at the one grocery store I hit up, though I only hit up the one. 

A further report on the insanly tasty southern food I enjoyed will follow.  I'm almost a week into my new job so life has been a tad hectic. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2010, 03:52:08 am »

I gather this has become about booze.

Why do some places in the US not sell it? I do not understand, at all. Religion? Nutjobs? The realisation that alcohol is, in the majority of cases, far more dangerous on both the imbiber and those around him compared to nearly any other drug? Are they merely relegating the status of said evil poison to the place it belongs in society, namely a place where shunning and disgust is placed upon those who abuse it?

Oh wait, alcohol's not a drug, it's a drink.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2010, 04:55:45 am »

You know what sucks? Evening hangovers after you get drunk in the afternoon and take a nap. Also, life.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2010, 02:00:55 pm »

I gather this has become about booze.

Why do some places in the US not sell it?

because our country was originally colonized by quakers, puritans, and anabaptists.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up