Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 72   Go Down

Author Topic: Aminals  (Read 233145 times)

0 Members and 31 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #480 on: December 07, 2013, 08:59:32 pm »

You read all the way to the end, right?

Quote
Big parts of this piece I made up. I didn't want to say that, but the editors are making me, because of certain scandals in the past with made-up stories, and because they want to distance themselves from me. Fine.

I made up Marc Livengood. I made up the trip to Nairobi. But I didn't make up the two incidents in Kenya, the battles of monkeys and men and the murder. I did not fabricate a single one of the animal-related facts or stories, the incidents. There's even a real-life guy on the Internet whom I could have used in place of the made-up one, but that got messy, because he wanted money, and anyway, he was insane.

I assumed the piece was basically a joke because the guy he was interviewing was a nutcase, but a joke because he made it up is just really stupid and annoying.

Also, I'm even more annoyed that I can't verify the hermit crab story is true.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #481 on: December 07, 2013, 09:20:43 pm »

Tell you the truth I read like 80% of it, but I would have posted it even if I had seen that, just for the quotability quota.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 09:29:34 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #482 on: December 07, 2013, 09:33:01 pm »

And I'm sure the animal attack stories are all true (except the hermit crabs) because much of it is familiar to me and that kind of stuff is easy to find. And he wrote about it in a funny way. It just makes the whole thing more annoying. He had good material and he's a good writer. He should have been able to do something with it that wasn't bullshit.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #483 on: December 08, 2013, 05:19:53 am »

And I'm sure the animal attack stories are all true (except the hermit crabs) because much of it is familiar to me and that kind of stuff is easy to find. And he wrote about it in a funny way. It just makes the whole thing more annoying. He had good material and he's a good writer. He should have been able to do something with it that wasn't bullshit.

The problem here is what has been proven over and over again on Facebook. It's that people these days just don't seem to give a shit if it's bullshit.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #484 on: December 08, 2013, 11:15:04 am »

You stay the fuck away from my crab fantasy. What if I want to believe in a tiny crab army under the sea receiving orders from a tiny crab king? Or maybe a tiny crab frathouse and they were drunk and feeling prankish? You're not the boss of me! It don't matter! Go away! Nobody cares!
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Aminals
« Reply #485 on: December 12, 2013, 05:47:39 pm »

[looks for "Hide" button]
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #486 on: December 12, 2013, 06:14:36 pm »

What the hell is going on there?  He starts humping the dog bed and loses it?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Aminals
« Reply #487 on: December 12, 2013, 11:06:46 pm »

i bet that guy pisses EVERYWHERE.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #488 on: December 12, 2013, 11:21:17 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #489 on: December 13, 2013, 01:44:51 am »









Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #490 on: December 13, 2013, 02:34:12 am »

That is brilliant. And at least one of them has to be real, because if you're going to do the work to photoshop a hat onto a snake, surely you'll pick a photo without a bunch of electrical cords and outlets in the background, right? As for the rest, you stay the fuck away from my snakes with hats fantasy.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #491 on: December 15, 2013, 03:53:03 am »

COBRA COBRA COBRA COBRA COBRA COBRA COBRA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqAYv-PVVvk
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #492 on: December 15, 2013, 05:17:13 am »

What is going on there? Was the road hot and did that snake in? Photoshop?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #494 on: January 08, 2014, 03:10:13 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 72   Go Up