Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010  (Read 5883 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2010, 02:41:39 am »

dangermoose-- AHHHHHH.

I know, right?  It doesn't help that his basement is in suburban Chicago and reminiscent of that bad Kevin Bacon movie Stir of Echoes.

I'm wrong there are no bad Kevin Bacon movies.

I love that every time we see ray sleeping, he is in that exact position.

And his face just looks right.  I see people in bed and all of our faces do this weird flattening thing.  That musta taken minutes in Illustrator.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2010, 04:03:17 am »

"I see people in bed" he casually says--as if he may be in the toothfairy business.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 04:42:49 am »

"I see people in bed" he casually says--as if he may be in the toothfairy business.

if you wake up and you have the taste of nutty cheese-log in your mouth, then you know why...
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2010, 04:12:17 pm »

I feel like...

If this arc were coming out in some kind of every-other-day or twice-weekly fashion, I would have a lot more patience for the fact that it is just vectoring back toward interesting.

Yeah, I kinda feel like at this point we might see this thing tied up by sometime next March.
Logged

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2010, 04:30:01 pm »

Dogs, too.  Their jowls all hangin loose.  Never seen a cat in this position though.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2010, 04:45:23 pm »

Of course it is. Wouldn't you want to be able to summon Ray if you were in trouble? It is the sensible thing to do.
I don't know. There's always the danger he might cut himself opening a sour cream container. Or he might abandon a dying man.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2010, 08:02:45 am »

Reviewing how this story started --

remember --

just noted that this is generally how NP approaches Teodor:

!!!
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2010, 01:18:36 pm »

Took me a while to figure out what's in the following panel--knives stuck in the wall?  I suppose they are T's skinny boots.

huh. i thought those were random eyebrows strewn in the house.  T's boots makes much more sense.  thanks.



also,
why is "help" carved into the window sill?  old story arc, or just random fabrication, or something i missed recently?

or did T scrape it into the windowsill as Peter drug him through?
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Please be so Promethean - 12 Aug 2010
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2010, 06:35:55 am »

The way I imagine it, Teodor stood at the window for a while talking to Pete, stalling, and carved it then.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up