Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: NCAA BCS series 2010  (Read 25008 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2010, 07:14:31 pm »

My prediction: Oregon or Auburn'll get beat, Alabama will win out, and the undefeated team will play Alabama for the title, leaving two non-AQ teams undefeated and on the outside looking in.

Well, since Auburn plays Alabama, and Alabama must beat Auburn to win out, you're predicting that Oregon will play Alabama for the title. Looks like I'm going to Glendale in January. Woot!

I'm not making predictions yet, but honestly my preference would be an Oregon - BSU championship game. Fuck the SEC. Also, we can't lose to you guys three times in a row, right? Short of that, Oregon - Utah, so we can show them what's what before they join our conference, though that's outside of an outside chance. But man. Too early, too early. Too early to be thinking these thoughts.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2010, 07:22:58 pm »

I might have to stop participating in this thread. I'm starting to feel like all I do is hate hate hate.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2010, 08:01:23 pm »

Yeah, sorry. There was quite a bit of Bronco baiting in my post. I'll tone it down.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2010, 08:12:13 pm »

I was just going to respond "it never seems to be too early for the BCS to job my team".

Well, with some more colorful language.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2010, 04:02:03 am »

I might have to stop participating in this thread. I'm starting to feel like all I do is hate hate hate.

All I have is hate for the BCS.  I'm in favor of every scenario that makes the BCS look foolish, even though it doesn't matter one iota to the powers that be.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2010, 04:07:03 pm »

All I have is hate for the BCS.  I'm in favor of every scenario that makes the BCS look foolish, even though it doesn't matter one iota to the powers that be.

Yeah, me too.  I've said this before, but I'll say it again until things change:  Big-time college football is the only sport I know of, at any level, where you can win every single one of your games and not be the champion.  That's bullshit.  If the Boise States and TCUs of the world absolutely cannot win the title under any reasonable circumstances, then send them to I-AA or something.  Quit stringing them along.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2010, 04:09:50 pm »

If the Boise States and TCUs of the world absolutely cannot win the title under any reasonable circumstances, then send them to I-AA or something.  Quit stringing them along.

Or, you know, ditch this retarded system.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2010, 04:15:03 pm »

If the Boise States and TCUs of the world absolutely cannot win the title under any reasonable circumstances, then send them to I-AA or something.  Quit stringing them along.

They were I-AA when I attended.

It'll change. They can't have three non-AQ teams in the top five and just act like it isn't happening. They'll have to include another conference in the AQ or something. It won't change for a few more years, though. And of course, that'll just mean that the next non-AQ school will be on the outside looking in.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2010, 06:39:12 am »

As long as there are two undefeated teams in the big conferences, no smaller conference team is cracking The Championship That Ain't A Championship game.

Unless, of course, no one goes undefeated upon which point the smaller conference would have to hope everyone else had TWO losses.

If Auburn, Oregon, TCU and Boise all win out, the BCS title game is Oregon/Auburn.

As fucked up as that is.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2010, 04:21:09 pm »

Oh heck, we all have come to terms with that. What pisses me off is that LSU is going to hop over us, since it beat Alabama. If Auburn and Oregon lose, then things will be interesting only in terms of seeing who gets the opportunity to screw us over.

On the basis of TCU beating Utah, I really feel that they should be in the top two with Auburn. I don't think Oregon belongs there based on their record, in comparison to the other two (only beat #9 & #24). Auburn has better wins.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2010, 02:24:59 pm »

Auburn still has the SEC title game coming up.  If they win that, I bet they leapfrog.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2010, 02:56:41 pm »

Listened to the chuckleheads on the BCS show last night. They kept agreeing that BSU had more and harder games coming up, but it wouldn't help them. It's weak that the complaint is raised about the quality of the competition on non-AQ schedules, and then when there are good games, they just get discounted. Seriously, TCU smoked the #5 team this late in the season, and all they get is fond looks and a pat on the head? And I'm not sure that the Big East and ACC really deserve auto-bids. Not any more than the WAC or MWC, anyway.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2010, 03:02:09 pm »

I was hoping one of them would be Blue and try to ride his motorcycle into the crowd.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2010, 05:20:06 pm »

I WENT to a Big East school and I don't think they deserve an auto-bid.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2010, 05:53:45 pm »

Auto-bids are a transparent money-making scheme. If the big conferences are so good, they'd always earn their spots anyway.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up