Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 283085 times)

0 Members and 44 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1410 on: March 18, 2013, 05:29:55 pm »

It's supposed to recall Aslan, the lion stand-in for Jesus in the Chronicles of Narnia.

I've been reading this with the youngest daughter, after having read it with the oldest a couple years ago. And it bears repeating: If Jesus occasionally took the physical form of a great talking lion and helped smite my enemies, then of COURSE I'd be a Christian.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1411 on: March 18, 2013, 05:33:24 pm »

I really dislike those books. He raised metaphor to a level nobody needed. He would have done better writing a book in semaphore.



Or writing about pinafores. Something.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1412 on: March 18, 2013, 08:31:16 pm »

They have some great moments, but yeah, in parts his metaphors are not at all subtle. The last book, in particular, I think kind of sucks. He also has major issues with gender roles. And Aslan is far too often arbitrary and capricious, and overfond of "testing" people.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1413 on: March 18, 2013, 09:10:43 pm »

Doesn't that happen a ton in the Bible, too?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1414 on: March 19, 2013, 01:44:30 am »

I always felt Orlando Bloom's character in Elizabethtown was more compelling before he met Kirsten Dunst. Soulless automatons are way underrated.

 

Fascinating Fact:  I lived in that Elizabethtown for two years!  It's an actual place.

Also, let's not get over-emotional about this stolidity thing, fellas.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1415 on: March 19, 2013, 02:35:49 am »

Daughter! Emotions. 
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1416 on: March 22, 2013, 10:22:27 pm »

Yesterday at lunch I found myself trying to explain to two of my roommates that yes, the civil war was "about" slavery.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1417 on: March 23, 2013, 01:48:49 am »

Yesterday at lunch I found myself trying to explain to two of my roommates that yes, the civil war was "about" slavery.

Emphasis on 'trying' because I'm sure you didn't convince them.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1418 on: March 23, 2013, 01:53:24 am »

I followed up with one of them today and he agreed. So that is good.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1419 on: March 24, 2013, 05:45:30 pm »

I had to share this one because it gave me a chuckle.

A friend shared this picture with accompanying text.



Quote
NOTICE TO ALL GUN OWNERS!!!!
----------------------------
Tagging a Gun Owner's Vehicle

If you own a gun and therefore go to gun ranges or gun shops, you might want to read the attached and keep this in mind…..and share the word with your friends/family.

TAGGING GUN OWNERS VEHICLES PSA WARNING
Gun lovers public service announcement: While I was in a Texas gun store today, my car was tagged on the wheel in the parking lot. The gangs do this on wheels or bumpers at gun stores, shooting ranges, gun shows etc. Later when you are parked at a restaurant, hotel, or other location that’s less well guarded or under video surveillance, other gang members spot the marker and break into the car for a quick gun grab. This is so RAMPANT in San Antonio where we were for a National shoot this summer, the Sheriff of Bexar County came out to brief the 400 partici##### of our competition. Too bad three teams had already been victimized the first day. This is the first I’ve heard of this in Texas.

Please pass this info along to your 2nd amendment list. Daily check your car, truck or motor home for unusual painted dots, marks, check marks or other strange looking symbols that are not
normal to your type vehicle. It could prevent you from being a victim of robbery, or even save your life if you catch the thief in the act.

This next comment from a Gun Site instructor:

I don’t know how widespread this is becoming, but the info regarding the NSCA Nationals in San Antonio is correct, as all of us who compete in sporting clays know. Competitors there were
having their vehicles marked with a small adhesive dot on the rear license plate or rear bumper, then followed for miles and having their vehicles quickly and efficiently broken in to when parked for lunch etc.

Some crews were working the parking lot at the Nationals itself. 27 high end shotguns were taken there recently. They know when 1400 shooters with high $$ competition guns are in town.

BTW I shot with a young man who was trying out a new gun at the Nationals. He and his father lost all their guns and equipment while making a quick stop for lunch at a BBQ place in Corpus
Christi the month before.

It's bad enough the gub'ment is trying to take away our guns, but now there are gangs taking them away as well. Wait a minute, I thought having a shitload of guns was supposed to protect you from these kinds of shenanigans. Oh the irony!

I'm not going to even try to Snopes this because it's so obviously false.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1420 on: March 24, 2013, 07:17:00 pm »

I don't know what the intended message is there, but I do know Obama is behind this somehow. Alex Jones has already revealed the Obama administration's mailbox marking plan. The color of the stickers the federal government mail man uses on your box is a sign to the DHS/FEMA of who is marked to be a prison planet guard and who is to become a prison planet prisoner.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1421 on: March 25, 2013, 05:10:00 pm »

The color of the stickers the federal government mail man uses on your box is a sign to the DHS/FEMA of who is marked to be a prison planet guard and who is to become a prison planet prisoner.

How will the mark the planet?

OHMYGOSHJUPITER!!
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1422 on: March 27, 2013, 11:55:51 pm »

Oh no, it's a war on Easter now.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1423 on: March 28, 2013, 12:13:02 am »

If there is a war on Easter I am very confused about what that picture has to do with it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1424 on: March 28, 2013, 12:26:16 am »

Oh Paul, your social circle is so Texas.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 143   Go Up