Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nudity and the boss  (Read 4198 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Nudity and the boss
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2010, 08:32:28 am »

but throw someone you know in, and it's all about measuring up in some way

It was kind of weird to see which of my friends had small dicks. One friend was pretty "well endowed" and seemed very aware of that, and proud.

Heh.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Nudity and the boss
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2010, 04:15:36 am »

I would use the basement locker room to shower and change on the occasions that I rode my bike in to my last job. There were several other businesses in the building and I think only one co-worker had the chance to see my junk. I generally felt ungraceful while peeling off sweaty tights. It's much less subtle than dropping one's shorts.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Nudity and the boss
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2010, 05:41:03 am »

The interesting thing is how much time and effort women put into concealing things that, in the end, fall into a category between "not that bad" and "pretty nice."

That comment deserves a can.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Nudity and the boss
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2010, 01:50:29 pm »

I'm sure I've told y'all the story about seeing my English prof naked while I was an undergrad, didn't I? I happened to have a summer school PE class that begin at such a time that I arrived to dress out just as she was finishing her routine morning swim. The first time I discovered this, not only was she completely naked except for a towel (on her hair), she called out to me and we had a conversation.

She is by far the oldest person I've ever seen nude. I never even saw my grandmothers naked when I was a little kid; they were both pretty modest. I've seen my mom naked a lot, but she's not really what I consider "old." My English prof, however, was at the very least in her late 70s, possibly early 80s.

She was petite and old-lady thin, like Estelle Getty, very spry and in good health (obviously, since she swam laps every morning), but not somebody I'd really want to glimpse in the buff. But the way she was totally not weird about it made an impression on me -- being an impressionable college student and all -- and I think realizing (as Smells did) that most people don't look as bad as you'd expect made me less self-conscious about my own nudity in situations where it's expected.

Bosses are different from college professors, though.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Nudity and the boss
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2010, 02:23:24 pm »

OMG, a professor would be even more traumatic. And I don't even want to think about a student seeing me naked. That's the worst permutation of this that I can imagine.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Nudity and the boss
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2010, 11:52:45 pm »

I saw my step-mother naked when I was maybe 15. She might have been 35ish. She was horrified, but I was down with it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up