Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Threepeats  (Read 3100 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Threepeats
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2010, 06:02:34 pm »

Clash: Album One, Soundcream, Soundshake. What?

The Clash: Give 'Em Enough Rope, London Calling, Sandinista!
Thin Lizzy: Johnny the Fox, Bad Reputation, Chinatown.
Elvis Costello: My Aim is True, This Year's Model, Armed Forces.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Threepeats
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2010, 07:01:04 pm »

And Crowded House: 1st, Temple, Woodface.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Threepeats
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2010, 09:36:11 pm »

See, I don't like A Ghost is Born.  I think Tweedy/Bennett is one of those songwriting teams where the whole is more than the sum of the parts (see also Lennon/McCartney, Strummer/Jones, Staley/Cantrell), and when they kicked Jay out of the band it just wasn't the same.  Jeff tried to be all avant garde and weird, and he sucked at it.

MO, YMMV.  Are Sky Blue Sky and the newest, self-titled album any good?  I haven't picked them up.

MO YMMV, of course.  A Ghost is Born is my Personal favorite Wilco album.

The two latest are both good in my opinion.  Wilco (the album) is the better of the two.  I like Sky Blue Sky, but I was disappointed in it because I had discovered a bootleg called "new songs" which were early live versions of songs that mostly wound up on Sky Blue Sky.  I listened to it relentlessly for months thinking the next album would be awesome.  The live demos were way better than the actual finished album.  Those demos were raw and wild and by the time they got to the studio they had tamed all the song down. 

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up