Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tatooine Discovered  (Read 2577 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Tatooine Discovered
« on: September 16, 2011, 12:28:41 am »

When I first saw this article posted on Facebook I thought it was a joke, but it turns out that a planet rotating a twin sun has been discovered.  It's been nicknamed Tatooine. 

Story
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Tatooine Discovered
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 01:19:47 am »

a thousand nerds just involuntarily creamed their jeans.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Tatooine Discovered
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 01:28:04 am »

Me definitely among them.  Combine my love of the Original Wars movies with important advancements in space science.  That's a heady brew.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Tatooine Discovered
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 01:51:01 am »

Seriously.

I hooked the PS2 up a couple weeks ago and have been rocking Star Wars: Battlefront 2004 Stylze, Yo! Last night I smoked through the sand dune and Mos Eisely levels in all available permutations.
This is why my wife doesn't leave me alone for any serious length time.

I WANT TO SEND MAN BACK INTO fuck*ng SPACE!

Getting to the moon and quitting is for fuck*ng pussies.
QFT

Hell, once my grandkids are well on their way to productive adulthood, send me the F to Mars so I can contribute something to the journey to get us the hell off this rock!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Tatooine Discovered
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 04:46:57 pm »

Not the right place to discuss this (and I may have covered it already) but Jim Wetherbee works for the company. Whenever the big boss (president-level) is presenting him or talking about him, it's so obvious that he's all (nerd) "we have an astronaut!" He gets giddy - it's kind of fun.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Tatooine Discovered
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 04:55:01 pm »

Paul Berg is on our corporate board. He has attended the science seminars at which I was presenting, which certainly upped the stress ante.  Dang, wikipedia says he's 85 now.  He's holding together well.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Tatooine Discovered
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 05:18:17 pm »

How many times has Paul Berg landed the space shuttle? Also:

Quote from: Wiki
(Jim Wetherbee) was the original drummer for the all astronaut rock band, Max Q, which opened for Cheap Trick at the Houston Hard Rock Café, while lead singer, Carl Walz, was in orbit on STS-65.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Tatooine Discovered
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 05:30:42 pm »

I did not realize this was a pissing contest.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up