Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Hallelujah  (Read 7842 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Hallelujah
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2011, 01:58:04 pm »

Yeah I saw that. Tough call.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Hallelujah
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2011, 05:50:51 pm »

Yeah I saw that. Tough call.

Look at it this way.  If they were adults you would see them as just a really crappy cover band.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Hallelujah
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2011, 06:06:31 pm »

But it is funny that they are children. The problem is that it won't end there.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Hallelujah
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2011, 09:34:58 pm »

No.  It's still unbearable.  Sorry.  The singing ruins it.  For me, this has always been the reason children should be allowed to sing publically.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Hallelujah
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2011, 09:42:57 pm »

This does it for me. I just realized that my dad is the exact right age to have been a singer in this choir-- actually he was an alto in church choir until his voice changed. Thinking about that, and this sad song, and all of the shitty stuff that would happen to my dad around this time period, is making me way too sad for this to be an 80 degree day with no Christmas in sight.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Hallelujah
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2011, 09:56:05 pm »

No.  It's still unbearable.  Sorry.  The singing ruins it.  For me, this has always been the reason children should be allowed to sing publically.

Oh no, not those guys again. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Hallelujah
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2011, 10:58:53 pm »

No.  It's still unbearable.  Sorry.  The singing ruins it.  For me, this has always been the reason children should be allowed to sing publically.

Eight year olds showing actual musicianship shredding away on a Metallica standby doesn't do it for you, but a bunch of towheads in leiderhosen singing about overcoming incontinence does?

I...I have not the words.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Hallelujah
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2011, 02:32:17 am »

Eight year olds showing actual musicianship shredding away on a Metallica standby doesn't do it for you, but a bunch of towheads in leiderhosen singing about overcoming incontinence does?

You gotta be kidding me, those pee pee kids were showing way more musicianship than the Metallica kids.  And they weren't pretending to be adults so they definitely win big in this comparison.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Hallelujah
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2011, 03:05:36 am »

Question for the Americans, is Mini Pops only a thing in Canada?  They were huge when I was a kid and have continued cranking out shit cover albums since the early 80's.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Hallelujah
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2011, 05:22:09 am »

Question for the Americans, is Mini Pops only a thing in Canada?  They were huge when I was a kid and have continued cranking out shit cover albums since the early 80's.

Yikes!!!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Hallelujah
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2011, 05:40:24 am »

We have Kidz Bop. That is a cover of Float On by Modest c*ck (synced up with some live footage of Modest c*ck). Anyway, you get to hear a bunch of kids sing "I backed my car into a cop car the other day. YEAH!"

It's totally fucked.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Hallelujah
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2011, 12:39:21 pm »

You gotta be kidding me, those pee pee kids were showing way more musicianship than the Metallica kids.  And they weren't pretending to be adults so they definitely win big in this comparison.

I admit, I didn't make it all the way through the peepee video. They were shrieking into microphones and shuffling around like head trauma victims, I couldn't take it. The Metallica kids, though, were actually playing guitars and drums such that the original melody and style of the song was preserved. That's pretty impressive for a bunch of 8, 9, and 10 year olds. How well did you play the guitar when you were 8?

Sure, the Mini Metallica's front man was a bit shrill, but even he was doing his best to be a showman and not just a singer. And as for kids pretending to be adults, I'll take that over an excessively precious ditty about bodily fluids any day.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Hallelujah
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2011, 02:40:08 pm »

That is a cover of Float On by Modest c*ck (synced up with some live footage of Modest c*ck).

I haven't had a chance to click on any of the links since my last post, and I am enjoying the filter so much here, I hate to ruin the thread by actually listening to any of that music.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Hallelujah
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2011, 10:38:02 pm »

modest cock is all, "i may not belong to a farm animal, but i get the job done."
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Hallelujah
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2011, 02:59:52 pm »

This One is just for you Wombat.

I watched the entire thing.  I was intrigued by the ads for Christian Drug Rehab and The Miracles of Jesus Planning Kit.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up