Also, maybe the bus is different in St Louis but most places I have lived, only poor people take the bus, because it sucks so hard because only people with no alternative ride it.
Yeah, but also some of my friends take it to save money/as an environmental thing. Also, I live along a major bus route that is relatively easy to understand. It goes straight to where my internship is, but due to a major bridge being out it takes about twice as long as it should. It also has a stop along the Metro line, which means I could get to my girlfriend's house, my job, etc. pretty easily. Unfortunately the schedule sucks, the aforementioned bridge is out, and the pricing is inconvenient (buying a monthly pass costs the same as 4 weekly passes, you have to ride the bus ~4 times a day to break even).
The other wrench in the plan is that if my LAZY GIRLFRIEND would have gone down to the college parking office and gotten a free metro pass, I could have been taking the bus everywhere for free.
A positive that may be more relevant to my lifestyle than to some of yours: if I take the bus to a bar, i can drink as much as I want. I can even drink BEFORE I go to the bar. Showing up to a concert already drunk and knowing I don't have to worry about driving home is a major plus.