Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Yo mama's so crass and low, she puts chocolate pieces into her mouth while she is still chewing up the previous chocolate pieces.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Endless Troubles of Johnny Tripod #2  (Read 12836 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Endless Troubles of Johnny Tripod #2
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2012, 02:13:55 am »

Yep. I'll continue to do business with them because they own the note, but I'll never do business with them again and I am actively trying to refi with someone else all the time.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: The Endless Troubles of Johnny Tripod #2
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2012, 12:56:45 am »

We write a check to our music teacher, because he has the same relationship with the grid that KH does.

All having to take the check to your bank cause he doesn't have a checking account.

I was like that for a long time, but now I am minimally on the grid so I can

trade exclusively in weed and guitar pedals

more efficiently.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Endless Troubles of Johnny Tripod #2
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2012, 03:26:47 pm »

I'm pretty sure he'd be happier if we paid him in weed and booze.

I guess maybe it says at least two things about being a musician that dude had a riff in his head and he asked us if he could borrow our boxed set of his old band so he could figure out if it was one of their songs?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: The Endless Troubles of Johnny Tripod #2
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2012, 11:53:24 am »

So, LFM's comic is only available in physical copy, right. Too bad, I was curious to check it out, even willing to withhold judgment about it.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The Endless Troubles of Johnny Tripod #2
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2012, 08:36:28 pm »

Oh, shit...

Dude, I really liked the book, man, I'm sorry!

Things really got weird there for a while.

The, uh, we're still moving stuff back up to Little Falls, man, my girlfriend's doing the last run to the storage facility in Wiliamsburg we have the end of our stuff in right now.

My bad. My bad.

Christ, I forgot so many things during that particular karma tornado. Thank you thank you thank you.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Endless Troubles of Johnny Tripod #2
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2012, 09:59:23 pm »

Aw man, that book was written by Ivan Brunetti.  I recently unearthed his 3 issue series "Schizo" which I originally read when it came out in the 90s.  Dude's work is BLEAK! How bleak?  Issue 2 shows a baby in a stroller committing suicide.  It's relentlessly bleak.  I can't believe this dude is still alive.

It does contain one of my all time favorite cartoons of a kid with an Anarchy t-shirt getting beat up and yelling for the police.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up