Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?  (Read 27173 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2012, 03:45:43 pm »

Okay, what the hell is Trouble Muffin?  I. Don't. Understand.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2012, 06:31:26 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2012, 06:49:59 pm »

Okay, what the hell is Trouble Muffin?  I. Don't. Understand.
Its that bulge of flesh that falls over a lady's waist.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2012, 07:57:33 pm »

I think A-Cap is making that up. From what I can tell through extensive googling, it was an inside joke on Drawception that got picked up by the community at large. A drawing of a muffin with an eyepatch seems to be the most popular form.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2012, 09:04:00 pm »

The Moneyspider is referring to "muffin top" I believe.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2012, 09:09:23 pm »

Muffin top makes it sound like something delicious. Trouble Muffin makes it sound like a problem.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2012, 09:27:07 pm »

A pleasingly plump lady with a bad attitude (and possibly an eye patch)?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2012, 10:46:24 pm »

All references to trouble muffin that I can find have nothing to do with ladies and everything to do with an anthropomorphic pirate muffin.  I had no idea Drawception was making it's own memes now, though I am on the leaderboard there, with the #2 top game of the past week and everything.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2012, 11:05:47 pm »

Whoever this Trouble Muffin is, I think we can all agree, he or she should be seen doing the Truffle Shuffle.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2012, 11:57:03 pm »

Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2012, 03:22:51 am »

I'll just leave this here.


Yep.  You're the real Bobby Isosceles allright.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2012, 04:27:52 am »

but aerosmith says, "you aint seen nothin' til youre down on the muffin."  so how much trouble could it really be?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2012, 05:55:56 am »

Aerosmith is right, muffins of all types are awesome.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2012, 01:12:36 pm »

Aerosmith is right, muffins of all types are awesome.

In that case, someone needs to dub Aerosmith over this Derpy Hooves footage.
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The Internet: Explain it to Meme?
« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2012, 11:03:40 pm »

Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up