Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Poll

What's the best punishment for the thieves?

Hung from the testicles with the highest strings of the stolen Fender Stratocaster
- 5 (31.3%)
Beaten Senseless with the Empty Bottles from the Bar
- 7 (43.8%)
Wrapped and Smothered with the stolen tent
- 4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: January 10, 2004, 01:57:01 am


Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: House Robbery and Opportunity  (Read 25426 times)

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2004, 01:09:59 pm »

Shit, man...
I can honestly say, given the hell you guys appear to be in, no rush on the wishlist front.
It's not like time is going to make all that much difference, unless Hawaii forms an apartheid, goes to war with the US, and naturally that means Blair pulling Britain into it, and thusly the postal service between the UK and Hawaii falling apart. But somehow I doubt it.
So, no rush. (I need to buy more CD-R's anyway!)
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2004, 03:12:06 pm »

It occurs to me that we may have just proven that people you meet on the internet are nicer than people you meet at church.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2004, 03:14:15 pm »

I am often treated better by internet people than I am by my own family.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2004, 06:06:56 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
It occurs to me that we may have just proven that people you meet on the internet are nicer than people you meet at church.


Is this likely to be a surprise to anyone?
I mean, the idea that people on the internet are nice is, but this is compared to church.
I only know one person who goes to church who is nice, and that doesn't mean she doesn't try to change the fact that I don't...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2004, 07:21:23 pm »

To be fair, this only proves that Internet people are nicer than church people in areas related to CD distribution. But the comparison still stands.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2004, 08:06:45 pm »

Unless we're all just being played, like when that Everquest chick pretended to die. ::eyes AD suspiciously::
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2004, 09:04:54 pm »

I couldn't make this up of I wanted to. I realize my credibility has neither been proven nor disproven - hand delivered CDs, though, get their deliverer a free place to stay, some home cooked meals and proximity to some awesome beaches. I can do this with confidence now, since I don't know what is left for anyone to steal. So bring your music and head on over, it's Gidget Goes to Hawaii if the Dunstons come out and I know a moondoggy guy who surfs under the full moon at Waikiki. He says he can see his shadow on the bottom. Cool, no?
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2004, 09:19:00 pm »

alright, so we're just picking ten, burning them and sending them off?  that OK?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2004, 09:47:29 pm »

There seems to be more drive for me to pick, but if you want to pick ten and send them off, that would be great with me - just post which ten you are sending off to help prevent an awkward pileup of duplicate Blind Willie Jefferson CDs in the mailbox.

(Edit: That's Blind Willie Johnson. It's Blind Lemon Jefferson.)

And thanks in advance to all contributors. Today's newsflash: expect as many as 4 arrests this week and the hopefully fruitful search of a storage unit. (I will let you all know if CDs are returned, although it seems rather doubtful)

Stay tuned; there are a million stories in the naked city.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2004, 10:26:28 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
alright, so we're just picking ten, burning them and sending them off?  that OK?


Why the fuck did I even post that?  What am I, in a hurry? Sheesh.

Pick whatever you want off my list when you have the time.

In the meantime, I've burned the following for you:

The Who Sell Out
James Brown, Love Power Peace
Steve Tibbetts, YR and Safe Journey
Albert King: King of the Blues Guitar
The Very Best of John Coltrane
Fela: Expensive Shit/He Miss Road
Funkadelic: Maggot Brain
Beastie Boys: Paul's Boutique
Catherine Wheel: Adam and Eve
Big Star: first two albums

I've got another 20 blank CDs sitting here doing nothing, so just pick whatever else you need and I'll get on it.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2004, 11:49:26 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
To be fair, this only proves that Internet people are nicer than church people in areas related to CD distribution. But the comparison still stands.


I go to church.  I think I'm nice anyway, though.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2004, 12:58:02 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"

I go to church.  I think I'm nice anyway, though.


But we didn't MEET you in church, so if I'm nitpicky enough about it, my original post still stands.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2004, 01:07:47 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

(Edit: That's Blind Willie Johnson. It's Blind Lemon Jefferson.)


Are you sure you don't mean Blind Willie McTell?
Logged
goose means greedy

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2004, 01:31:36 am »

Quote from: "Limmo"
In the meantime, I've burned the following for you:

The Who Sell Out
James Brown, Love Power Peace
Steve Tibbetts, YR and Safe Journey
Albert King: King of the Blues Guitar
The Very Best of John Coltrane
Fela: Expensive Shit/He Miss Road
Funkadelic: Maggot Brain
Beastie Boys: Paul's Boutique
Catherine Wheel: Adam and Eve
Big Star: first two albums

I've got another 20 blank CDs sitting here doing nothing, so just pick whatever else you need and I'll get on it.


Hey WTF, you're getting all of the good ones.   I get dibs on Robert Johnson.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
House Robbery and Opportunity
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2004, 02:05:57 am »

I've been drinking too much coffee, what can I say?

Robert Johnson's all yours.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up