Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What does Amazon say about you?  (Read 4613 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: What does Amazon say about you?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 02:05:41 pm »

I've never received a non-shipping e-mail from Amazon but I found a recommendations page that seems to be all board games, a few albums I've already bought elsewhere, and some colored tags you put on power cords to identify the device on the other end.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What does Amazon say about you?
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2012, 02:14:33 pm »

My theory with Coyne is less that he was ruined by success, though that's probably part of it, and more that he pushed the "drugs to help creativity" thing too far and burned out his creative centres as he knew them and... without that resource anymore, he's just kinda blindly stabbing at the zeitgeist, hoping to find something that'll stick. I mean, part of that is being addicted to the fame and maintain it, yeah, but I think it is more than JUST that.

What'd Marge Simpson's therapist say? "It's a rich tapestry"? Something like that.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What does Amazon say about you?
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 02:20:18 pm »

I...

This is totally the wrong thread.

Great.

Sleep deprivation so that I can actually fall asleep for my sleep apnea test tonight is not going well.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What does Amazon say about you?
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 04:44:19 pm »

I have spent the last year with a CPAP.  I'm no longer in imminent danger of falling asleep on the way to work, my blood pressure is back to normal with no new meds, and I don't wake up with a headache anymore (or panic attacks at night).  The thing is a bit of a PITA, but I'm sold on it.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What does Amazon say about you?
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2012, 05:35:02 pm »

You have an other set of figments dreamt up? You treacherous unfaithful donkey.

I'm pretty sure the guy is real. There's video!

edit: Oh for pete's sake, now you'll never believe me, because of the damn FILTER.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: What does Amazon say about you?
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2012, 01:16:13 pm »

My best internet friend who isn't one of you guys works designing products for the hoss and unicorn head company, so you all should buy one.
http://www.mcphee.com/shop/

Goddamnit woman, why did you not tell me about this in 2010 when I had to make my own unicorn head? (I was the ***** Unicorn for halloween.)
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: What does Amazon say about you?
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2012, 03:32:01 am »

I like how one of the selling points on the Unicorn head is
  • Vaguely disturbing
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What does Amazon say about you?
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2012, 12:17:14 pm »

Goddamnit woman, why did you not tell me about this in 2010 when I had to make my own unicorn head? (I was the ***** Unicorn for halloween.)

It didn't exist then, it is a brand new product. You were ahead of your time.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up