Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blue Skin? Army Men?  (Read 4283 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Blue Skin? Army Men?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 12:22:13 am »

Ben San, that would make sense if the pic were only a few days old, but it was posted nearly a year ago and it's gotten steady traffic for a year. It's over 2k views now. Of course, for the past week or so most of the traffic has come from this board, but that's only a small portion of the total.

Then it's probably out into the Homestuck community at large. I'm not involved in the fan community at this point, but a lot of it is over tumblr, which means that archives aggregating links or images of a particular interest are relatively common (since the sources of interest don't inherently archive or aggregate in a meaningful way). If there's such an archive for, say, people costumed as that character (I think it's supposed to be Karkat), you'd get a steady flow of views from people looking for Karkat costume pics.

That's just speculation, though; I was only ever tangentially involved with that particular community to begin with.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Blue Skin? Army Men?
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 12:56:32 am »

I appreciate the help. I definitely did not know about Homestuck. Actually that's not true, I've been to that page before, on more than one occasion actually, linked from here, but I was never able to get past the first page before boredom set in and I left.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up