Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Los Tres Investigatores  (Read 8599 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Los Tres Investigatores
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2004, 01:12:21 am »

All things Pinkwater including a complete book list
http://www.pinkwater.com/indexh.html
More Hoboken and chicken related action in the book that is about to come out, it appears.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Los Tres Investigatores
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2004, 10:40:16 pm »

When I was a kid, I read the Three Investigators, Encyclopedia Brown (great  part about Encyclopedia: every book used the same similies and analogies), Homer Price, SOME Hardy Boys...I was in love with Pinkwater. Umm, what else. Did anyone else ever read the Power Boys? They're these cheap Hardy Bros. knockoffs that mcan only be found in antique malls, where, as luck would have it, I spent a lot of time as a child.
Just like everyone else, I read all of Douglas Adams when I was eight. I didn't understand half of it, except I knew I liked it a lot and wanted more.
Dude, has anyone read Judy Blumes adult books? Wow, man. Wow.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Los Tres Investigatores
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2004, 12:06:32 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

I heard a Daniel Pinkwater commentary this past week on NPR and he said something about someone's kids liking his books which finally convinced me that he was the same guy, which is bizarre to me. But I LOVED Lizard Music, and also wasn't there a book about a giant chicken in Hackensack?

I forget the exact title, but the giant chicken was in Hoboken. (EDIT: "The Hoboken Chicken Emergency.") Which reminds me of another book, "Chicken Trek" -- not by Pinkwater, but similar in theme and style -- about a kid who traveled across America attempting to eat at every restaurant in a fried-chicken chain in order to win a contest.

Now I wonder if I was hallucinating it.


This post made me think of the book "Freckle Juice" for some reason.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Los Tres Investigatores
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2004, 12:54:14 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
I read all of Douglas Adams when I was eight. I didn't understand half of it, except I knew I liked it a lot and wanted more.


I never read hg2g until I was in a trivia contest in HS and literally everybody knew the answer to the ultimate qustion of life, the universe, and everything except me. It was a sad, sad day in my summer camp experience.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Los Tres Investigatores
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2004, 05:50:26 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
It was a sad, sad day in my summer camp experience.

Most days were sad, sad days in my summer camp experience.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up