Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy christmas or whatever  (Read 4361 times)

wombat

• English-Speaking Pizza
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 633
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy christmas or whatever
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2013, 02:36:12 am »

Oh, and Merry Christmas, figments! That we keep doing our thing if only for the look on their faces, is my wish for all of us.

I second this.

And kudos to Ben-San for getting off to an inspiring start. If you had only seen the look on my face when I discovered that beef jerky Kickstarters are a real thing (except this one.)
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Ben-San

• -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2013, 02:51:02 am »

I second this.

And kudos to Ben-San for getting off to an inspiring start. If you had only seen the look on my face when I discovered that beef jerky Kickstarters are a real thing (except this one.)

Huh, I saw that one but didn't back. Partly because Kobe beef jerky seems like such a self-evidently terrible idea - what makes wagyu good and what makes jerky good are kind of opposite.

AugustWest

• Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 763
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2013, 03:12:21 am »

Oddest Christmas ever around here.

Daughters were out of the country with my parents (cruising down the Rhine.)  They were due back last night (Christmas Eve) but flight delays left them all stranded in Detroit.  So just me and the Mrs. for Christmas Eve and most of Christmas day. 

So we pick everybody up at the airport at around 2:30 and head to my brother, who is supposed to be putting on dinner.  But we get there only to discover that we had miscommunicated and he is now committed to take his food to his girlfriend's house to help feed her family.  Which is fine.  We spend about 20 minutes opening presents there, then on to my parents' condo to drop off their luggage and then proceed to a nearby favorite Chinese restaurant.  Nobody had Chinese Turkey. 

It was nice.  They were tired and stressed from the journey, but it was obvious that they had all had a good time and connected with each other on the trip.  We had some tasty Chinese food, dropped them back at their condo and headed home, finally opening presents at around 7 pm.  Mrs. West really liked the picture I got her, so I got that goin' for me.

Merry Christmas, y'all.
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

• Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2013, 03:51:53 am »

Is there a beef jerky revival going on up there, with dudes bringing in all sort of crazy techniques? Down here we're experiencing this phenomenon with beer, everyone seems to be brewing these days.

the heck you need jerky for you got charqui next door criminy
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Choop

• Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2013, 03:55:50 am »

HEY PAUL MARY CRIMMISS

you postin' all same time as me and such
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

• Mod Squad
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 604
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2013, 04:10:00 am »

Is there a beef jerky revival going on up there

When I read that it got me worried.

Then I read this

I got into artisan beef jerky this year

and I shuddered a little bit.

This particular Kickstarter was for Epic Sriracha Jerky (no points for guessing their signature product) to produce tabasco, wasabi, green curry and orange flavors, with a sampler of the new flavors as a reward.

Welp, so much for beef jerky.

I get my jerky from this place. It's beef jerky flavored.

I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Ben-San

• -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2013, 04:16:05 am »

Welp, so much for beef jerky.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I love regular flavor beef jerky (mainly from Crazy hoss Jerky which I would link to if the filters didn't eat the link) and I prefer flavors that don't drown out the delicious concentrated dried beef taste. But these flavors complement it really well.

jay-ell

• Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2013, 02:25:05 am »

My family still treats me like a little kid even though I am almost 35, and nobody can make decisions about anything, which makes me want to pull my hair out. Also, a 97 year old woman called my husband by my dad's name, and now I feel like a creepy weirdo who married a carbon copy of her father.

On the plus side, my 20 year old cousin is enough of a person that he's fun to talk to now. So that's neat.
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up