Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good Grief, They're Making a Peanuts Movie  (Read 4036 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Good Grief, They're Making a Peanuts Movie
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2014, 02:32:00 am »

How was that? It looks good/funny.

Oh man, all my little-kid cousins will be there for xmas this year! Maybe we can have a cousin movie day and go see something fun. Awesome.

(did I tell you that my youngest cousin was asked to draw his favorite place, and he said "Aunt D_____'s house, because I get to play basketball with [brother] and guitar with inev" !?!?!)

It's also almost Peanuts Christmas season. Damn, that album is the best.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good Grief, They're Making a Peanuts Movie
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2014, 05:43:24 am »

Yeah, between the Christmas show and the Christmas music, anything they do with Peanuts is gonna pale in comparison. I'm trying to keep an open mind though.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Good Grief, They're Making a Peanuts Movie
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 02:29:01 pm »

How was that? It looks good/funny.

I'm not jaydub, but I quite enjoyed Big Hero Six. It's not high art by any stretch, but entertaining enough.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Good Grief, They're Making a Peanuts Movie
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2014, 07:25:31 pm »

I was kind of dreading it, but ended up enjoying it from the first frame on.  Judging by how it ended, we can all look forward to the coming franchise becoming a regular feature of our pop culture.  I really liked the setting - a fusion of anime/megalopolis with San Francisco that was unselfconsciously referred to as San Frantokyo throughout the film.  It had a super familiar feel to it, as a denizen of the area, but I can guarantee you that the real SF would fit in a neighborhood of the fantasy one.  Its a great city - but its not a great big city.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Good Grief, They're Making a Peanuts Movie
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2014, 12:53:31 am »

It's the setting that interests me, a lot of it is apparently based very precisely on Tokyo - particular train lines and such. An American city with the Tokyo train system is basically my dream world.

Otherwise it's the sort of thing about which I would not give a fuck. I'll still wait till I can watch it at home and fast-forward through the plot if I need to.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up