Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars VII  (Read 5026 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars VII
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2014, 09:41:24 pm »

Jaydub has been paying attention.

Vague ass mother fucker!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars VII
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2014, 10:32:56 pm »

People actually agonize over the "right" way to introduce children to Star Wars, huh?
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars VII
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2014, 12:02:37 am »

This obsessing over Star Wars is mostly an old man's game anyway. The only reason it's at all relevant to Children is because they don't have anything like it to call their own. There's been nothing like it since that has rocked the culture like Star Wars has.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars VII
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2014, 12:35:09 am »

This obsessing over Star Wars is mostly an old man's game anyway. The only reason it's at all relevant to Children is because they don't have anything like it to call their own. There's been nothing like it since that has rocked the culture like Star Wars has.

I didn't put a whole lot of thought into that statement so I hope there's not some huge cultural thing that I am overlooking. Does the Internet count? I thought about that, but it doesn't seem like an apples to apples comparison. All movies now have totally frikkin' awesome CGI, this is a thing, but there's not one movie, at least one that I can think of, that has captured the imagination of the entire country, the entire world like Star Wars did.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars VII
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2014, 02:27:23 am »

The only reason it's at all relevant to Children is because they don't have anything like it to call their own. There's been nothing like it since that has rocked the culture like Star Wars has.
well, there was harry potter, but that was a thing unto itself that became so unlike star wars that by now you're right. of course, during that time, star wars totally changed, so it's not like it was when the first star wars kids were kids.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars VII
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2014, 02:32:52 am »

well, there was harry potter, but that was a thing unto itself that became so unlike star wars that by now you're right. of course, during that time, star wars totally changed, so it's not like it was when the first star wars kids were kids.

Yeah, Okay, Harry Potter is a thing. That's a good comparison.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up