Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)  (Read 5372 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2004, 09:07:50 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I confess it sounds a little weird to me, but I am officially the least classy drinker in the world.

No, no, no, my friend. I have drunk Hawaiian Punch mixed with vodka, directly from the plastic bottle. I truly AM the least classy drinker.


What, are you too wussy for liquid crack*?

*Kool-Aid and Everclear. I've also heard people say Red Bull and Everclear.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2004, 09:24:42 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I confess it sounds a little weird to me, but I am officially the least classy drinker in the world.

No, no, no, my friend. I have drunk Hawaiian Punch mixed with vodka, directly from the plastic bottle. I truly AM the least classy drinker.


I have mixed $3/bottle Triple Sec with Crystal Light.  In paper cups.  

I don't know if that beats Hawaiian Punch and Vodka, but it will sure as hell make you sick.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2004, 09:34:31 pm »

For years I have drunk $8.00/1.75 liter vodka on the rocks.

And liked it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2004, 09:38:12 pm »

Cheap vodka and pink grapefruit juice - it'll make a vomit.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2004, 04:21:29 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
I have mixed $3/bottle Triple Sec with Crystal Light.  In paper cups.


You, clearly, believe in Crystal Light, and more importantly you believe in you. I doff my ushanka.

I have to submit that I will give any of you fuckers a run for his or her rubles in the "least classy drinker" sweepstakes. Being a complete fuck*ng lush, I've somewhat got a leg up on the situation.

- I drink box wine. Regularly. And once traded box wine recipes with a friend online (example: the "Centrelink Special" being Fruity Lexia [a wonderful Australian box wine that is the cardboard rectangular Southern Hemisphere version of, say, Thunderbird] and sparkling mineral water). Why? WHO KNOWS

- Having run out of mix for my Cheap Vodka, I have resorted to including but not exclusively: CoffeeMate, ginger ale, Pedialyte (okay, so that is a bit shameful)

- I prefer Pearl Light and Milwaukee's Best to classier, more expensive brews. I desperately miss Emu Bitter and Hahn Ice. God only knows how that happened.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2004, 04:33:14 am »

Quote from: "Foster Brooks"
Having run out of mix for my Cheap Vodka, I have resorted to including but not exclusively: CoffeeMate, ginger ale, Pedialyte (okay, so that is a bit shameful)


Mix?  What is this Mix you speak of?

Quote from: "My Fellow Egalitarian Imbiber"
- I prefer Pearl Light and Milwaukee's Best to classier, more expensive brews.


Ah, The Beast.  Gotta love it.  Also a big fan of Sterling, especially in the squat little brown bottles you can't find anymore.  The Beer That Made Evansville Famous!

Also:  Pabst, Strohs, Little Kings, 905's, Falls City and the occasional Shaeffers.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2004, 04:47:33 am »

Quote from: "Drunken Master"
Mix?  What is this Mix you speak of?


I like big butts and I cannot lie
You other brothers can't deny
When a girl walks in with an itty-bitty waist and a round thing in your face
You get sprung


Quote from: "Henry Chinaski"
The Beer That Made Evansville Famous!

Also:  Pabst, Strohs, Little Kings, 905's, Falls City and the occasional Shaeffers.


"The Beer That Made ______ Famous" is such a wonderful, underused phrase. I mean, you can stick just about anything in there and get a good result. Try it!

Natural Light. Lone Star. Schlitz. Olympia (it is, after all, The Water). I've always wanted to try Iron City ever since I was a kid and read that issue of Secret Wars II wherein Ben Grimm drinks like cases of the stuff at a go. I figure any beer vetted by the Thing and with a metal in its name ought to be good drinkin'.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2004, 04:49:59 am »

I'll opt out of the Least Classy Olympics, thanks, as I'll only be awarded in the aftereffects rounds. I can belch better on good beer than the lot of you can on the Beast and Nasty Ice. Plus, in the hangover rounds, I'm always king.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2004, 05:12:42 am »

I've had Iron City.  It was fine.  Also, what about that fine but often overlooked category of sparkling beverages -- The Malt Liquors!

Don't Say Beer, Say Bull, so to speak.  

I can still remember marvelling at how smoooov my first Bull went down.

And dare we cross that dangerous line and speak of...

dun DUN DUN!!!!




...Fortified Wines?

Ah, the many flavors of Mad Dog.  The turpentine tang of Thunderbird.  Who hasn't ridden the Night Train once or twice?  

I had one once that looked exactly like Windex.  I think it was called "Blue Diamond".  It was pretty scary.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2004, 06:32:37 am »

Nobody don't like Boone's Farm.

Also, after being blown away by St_Zartan's distillation of why I really like Achewood down into some two snappy sentences, I read this:

Quote from: "St_Zartan"

- Having run out of mix for my Cheap Vodka, I have resorted to including but not exclusively: CoffeeMate, ginger ale, Pedialyte (okay, so that is a bit shameful).


Why does everything I love have to die?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2004, 07:06:53 am »

Anyone that uses pedialyte as a mixer gets my vote.

I'm waiting for August to say something like Colt45 and Metamucil...


Anyone else here have the college privilege of buying a case of Black Label with rolled pennies?

That cheap stuff gave me the shits every time. Maybe I should have mixed it with Immodium.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2004, 02:00:24 pm »

My mom used to drink I.C. Light exclusively. She was sad when we moved to NoVa and nobody had heard of it.

At the New Year's '01 concert I went to (2001, A Punk Odyssey) we were given a Natty Boh toast and midnight. When they took a drink several people twitched like a first-timer taking a money shot.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2004, 05:54:30 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
twitched like a first-timer taking a money shot


Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Pedialyte


*weeps*
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Lane

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 40
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lanemcfadden.net
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2004, 08:29:56 pm »

Ahem, yes, well, at any rate I cannot compete for Least Classy Drinker of All Time,™ and I thought the Johnny Romper was bloody awful.  Waste of a good Guinness.  Fortunately, the ingredients are quite good when drunk separately, so the evening was not itself a waste (from what I can gather from the next morning's reports, personal recollection not apparently being an option).
Logged
He gets with the ladies, but in the end they do not like him.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Romantic on a shoe (Feb 16, 04)
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2004, 04:55:11 am »

Quote from: "jldunston, about sixty-ten times throughout the Board,"
*weeps*


It's like she's just challenging me to use this unprecedented flood of Den Momma tears as a Theme Ingredient in my next horrifying "cocktail".
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up