Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004  (Read 8290 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2004, 01:46:07 am »

Quote from: "Obsessive Compulsive Achewood Peoples"

We all sort stuff, we are so cool. Look at how organized we all are!

in order to sort the round shiny's, you have to get them in the right squares. mine are all in the wrong squares.


GO *****S! VLAD IS BACK WITH A VENGEANCE!
Logged
[expletive deleted]

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2004, 02:17:56 am »

My MP3's are by First Letter, then if artist tracks >3 the artist has a folder. Sometimes I do albums but it depends on how much I actually care about that band. So I don't bother with Green Day while TMBG has all the albums and EMusic stuff.

I've heard a lot of good things about the MP3 Tagger.

I used to do lots of CD shifting when I was in college and had Case Logic cases (btw, anybody want to buy a 128/256 case or a 100/200?) but now I got a nice LDE shelf. I got sick of buying $20 racks from Wal-Mart and finally decide to get a nice one. They're so sweet. Since the shelves are all on pegs you can mix and match DVDs, CDs, books, and display items.
Logged

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2004, 02:36:03 am »

ok yeah mp3s are cool guys, i don't know why you don't just use itunes, dammit people have to make things so comlplicated

my main point is why is there no strip for today? it makes me sad.
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2004, 02:40:57 am »

Quote from: "palm trees"
i don't know why you don't just use itunes


Because it costs shitloads, and isn't that useful to me. If I travel I have my cars player, and if I'm at home I'm either using winamp or my mixing prog that only plays mp3s (which writes out AAC encoding).
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2004, 02:51:10 am »

Quote from: "Noah"
I have a procedure. I rename them as: Artist - Album/Source - Track Number(if there is one) - Song Title. Then I just erase all the ID3 tags, they aren't useful for anything I do.


That's exactly what I do, except I use MusicMatch to re-write the ID3 based on the file name info.

Some mobile MP3 players will only display the ID3 tags, so it's hard to search the tracks when there aren't any.

I have a very large MP3 collection but a smallish hard drive (40Gb).  I've been thinking of getting an external Firewire drive in the 250-300Gb range so that I could keep all of my songs on it (although I'd fill it about half-way right away).

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2004, 03:52:56 am »

I would absolutely love to switch to ogg vorbis since it blows any other format completely out of the water but my boom box at work doesn't recognize it and many portable players don't either. So in the meantime I'll stick to good old LAME and Winamp 2.x for my mp3 needs.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2004, 04:10:12 am »

Ogg Vorbis is starting to catch on more.  My portable player plays them, although I've never heard one.

I'm a minidisc user (for live stuff) and really like ATRAC, but it hasn't caught on much.

Are there decent utilities for ripping discs to Ogg Vorbis?  I see no reason to convert my huge MP3 collection, but maybe for new stuff...

It's just that MP3 is so ubiquitous.

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2004, 04:35:09 am »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "palm trees"
i don't know why you don't just use itunes


Because it costs shitloads, and isn't that useful to me. If I travel I have my cars player, and if I'm at home I'm either using winamp or my mixing prog that only plays mp3s (which writes out AAC encoding).


ok, fair enough with the aac, but iTunes is completely free......................
(i mean the listening software, not all that download crap, we don't get that over here. and that was kind of my point, what player is easiest to use)



ok to get this damn thing back on topic:

I AM TOTALLY MISSING SOME JOKE ABOUT WHY ***** = "*****", SO COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITHOUT MAKING SOME SORT OF JOKE ABOUT ME NOT KNOWING

thank you all very much
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2004, 04:57:29 am »

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Pfft.  N00b.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2004, 05:30:42 am »

Is he talking about *****s' #####? What kind of sicko is he? Or *****s who don't wear #####? Or a ***** who #####? *****s that make #####? Pleated ##### for shiny *****s?

What is going on here?
Logged

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2004, 07:46:00 am »

computers can lick my rad chilies.
mofo'n casettes!

it's all download, choadsmoke, frog n' toad bongload.

RED FENDER STRATOCASTER
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2004, 08:15:14 am »

This is a PM kind of week, right? Well, it's now AM and still no strip. Of course I wasn't expecting one.

I think that ******s/#####s (instead of *****s) may be because calls for their return were too  frequent and the term may have been banned. This is purely conjecture.

Somewhere I lost my way. Now I sit here, awake, avoiding studying for a low-level math exam, which I will not understand very well, but probably get an A on after an eventful night of drinking, procrastanating, and eventually, studying. Is there some AA-type group I can join for being pathetic? I was double-fisting a beer and a mug of tension tamer tea just so I could phone a girl this evening.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2004, 02:02:14 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Are there decent utilities for ripping discs to Ogg Vorbis?  I see no reason to convert my huge MP3 collection, but maybe for new stuff...


Audiograbber has been the standard geek ripper for years and with version 1.83 became freeware. I'm pretty sure it ships with an ogg encoder. If not the AG site can provide one since ogg is open source.

And AG is a non-intrusive program so if you don't like it just delete C:\audiograbber and that wipes out everything.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2004, 02:09:39 pm »

Quote from: "JorgeFabregas"
Is there some AA-type group I can join for being pathetic?


I think you're already here.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Is so shallow! - 25 February 2004
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2004, 02:14:13 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
and with version 1.83 became freeware.


Doh. I'm still using 1.8 with the Lame codec.
I might actually upgrade if I don't have to hack it now!
Wow.

*ahem*
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up