Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set  (Read 7276 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2004, 09:18:21 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I'm not entirely sure the title is accurate on the first disc (has anyone in history intentionally played "They're Going to Take Me Away, Ha-Ha" during lovemaking? If so, why?), but it's a good mix nonetheless.


I'm pretty sure it's meant to be ironic.  I hope so at any rate, if not, it's a much too frightening glimpse at Jough's psyche.  Hmm, let's see, here's a song about a guy driven totally around the bend over the loss of a girl.  That ought to put her in the mood.  That's not the only ironic tune on the mix either.  One that really stands out is Give it to me Baby a song about a guy whom upon coming home drunk and belligerent from the bar proceeds to beg for sex from a disinterested partner who feigns sleep.  Knowing that the artist has spent time in prison for spousal abuse gives us a clue how this scene most likely played out.  And of course we have Hit me Baby One More Time to drive the point home.   There's also Runaway about a woman who has literally ran away and is hiding from her lover.  And the song is told from the point of view of the antagonist who naturally hasn't a clue why she's left.  Man, that's some sexy stuff.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2004, 09:23:42 pm »

Actually, I just made a couple of mix discs with some songs I thought you guys would dig, and then before I sent them I tossed a title on there.

You people are so literal.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2004, 09:28:43 pm »

Yeah, but it has a good beat and you can dance to it.

Lighten up, Francis.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2004, 10:40:35 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I'm not entirely sure the title is accurate on the first disc (has anyone in history intentionally played "They're Going to Take Me Away, Ha-Ha" during lovemaking? If so, why?), but it's a good mix nonetheless.


I'm pretty sure it's meant to be ironic.  I hope so at any rate, if not, it's a much too frightening glimpse at Jough's psyche.  Hmm, let's see, here's a song about a guy driven totally around the bend over the loss of a girl.


Actually, it's about his dog.

And Jough, thank you for including it.  That song had been a topic of conversation between my g/f and I about a week before your mix arrived.  We both got a kick out of hearing it...
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2004, 05:24:52 am »

Cool - I wasn't sure if anyone would really enjoy it, but it seems to be one of those songs that everyone knows but nobody has on CD.

I left off the Shatner this time. But if you kids don't behave, Vol. 3 will have tonnes of both Leonard Nemoy and Bill Shatner.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2004, 06:38:20 am »

You gonna do the Frodo song, then?

Just in case you did send them to me, know that I have yet to recieve them. I have no idea if you put them in the mail, but I do know that I have not gotten any packages as of late.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2004, 06:03:59 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Just in case you did send them to me, know that I have yet to recieve them. I have no idea if you put them in the mail, but I do know that I have not gotten any packages as of late.


Um, me neither.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Songs To Make Love To - Jough's 2-disc Mix Set
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2004, 08:01:21 pm »

If someone were to make a mixdisc with "The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins," "Frodo of the Nine Fingers," and "Where There's A Whip There's a Way," I'd at least keep it around as a tactical musical weapon.

(Bonus points for Pippin's weird song from RotK, although it's just a little overly good.)
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up