Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That you can post photos to the TOUAMB Flickr Pool?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Calling All Weekend Warriors  (Read 7195 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Calling All Weekend Warriors
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2004, 09:22:38 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
While I was visiting my Mom, we watched a lot of HGTV.  In one episode, they took a beautiful antique mahogany bombay chest with nary a scratch and painted it white to match the rest of the room.  

I nearly had a stroke.  White.  Gaaaah.

...
*sob*

These people should be put under house arrest and forbidden from ever coming within fifty feet of a home-improvement product. Or a wood product.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Calling All Weekend Warriors
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2004, 04:13:38 pm »

...And it's done.  

After two grueling weeks and a near all-nighter, we finally got every room in our house patched, painted, packed, and prettified for the benefit of potential buyers.  It looks pretty darn good, if I do say so myself.  I'd buy this house, anyway.  

Our real estate agent came by to take photographs this morning, and he did an excellent job.  I'll post them in a while; I'm having trouble connecting to my host at the moment.  

Hence, I'll be returning to my regularly scheduled slacking -- lurking around the board, playing copious amounts of video games, and generally fuck*ng around.  

Enjoy it while it lasts, 'cause when we sell, the madness begins all over again.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Calling All Weekend Warriors
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2004, 04:48:45 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
I'd buy this house, anyway.  


OK. Surely if that's the case then...

I'm just feeling thoughtful right now.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Calling All Weekend Warriors
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2004, 06:36:29 pm »

OK.  Here are a couple of .pdfs showing the house with cute little descriptions of the house's features.  Comments welcome.  I plan to have a little stack of these around when people come and visit, so please let me know what y'all think.  Personally, I think there might be too much text on the second page -- but I don't know if I should eliminate some of the text, or enlarge the pictures and text and make it a three-pager.  Thoughts?  

Page 1

Page 2

Oh, also, I know there are some typos.  It's just a draft.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Calling All Weekend Warriors
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2004, 06:57:37 pm »

Looks good, except for that typo on page 1.  You've got "Fresn heutral".
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Calling All Weekend Warriors
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2004, 09:16:39 pm »

I have several typos.  I forgot to run spellcheck -- darn MS Word for making me lazy, with its check-as-you-go feature.  PageMaker 6.5 has no such goodies.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Calling All Weekend Warriors
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2004, 09:55:42 pm »

I, for one, merely hope that you are not getting rid of the bendy-couch.
Logged
goose means greedy

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Calling All Weekend Warriors
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2004, 10:06:46 pm »

The bendy-couch will follow us unto the ends of the earth.  We may, however, have it reupholstered.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Calling All Weekend Warriors
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2004, 11:01:34 pm »

i've been in the house-looking-for mindset lately, and i have to say that your "brochure" is awesome.  more home-owners should do that.

one thing i've noticed with the MLS listings online for houses in this area, a lot of them do NOT have pictures.  even in the "listings" guide they don't.  very sad and annoying.

so, to me: more pictures = betterer!1!!

i noticed in your sheet, that you don't put a lot of "listings" type info: square footage, etc, etc.  i'm assuming this is because there will be a listings sheet made by the realtor, etc.  is this why you are leaving that type of info out?

also, maybe put in a short blurb about normal utility bills for heating/cooling, if they're good,  i guess.

i'm rambling, nmind.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Calling All Weekend Warriors
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2004, 12:29:32 am »

Good thoughts, all.  Yes, the MLS sheet will have the square footage and such, which I plan to attach to the brochure.  But a fact sheet with estimated homeowner expenses might be helpful, particularly since we have oh-so-efficient gas heat.  

I'll work on that.  Good thoughts, ark.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Calling All Weekend Warriors
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2004, 05:03:17 am »

de nada.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Calling All Weekend Warriors
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2004, 03:43:50 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Yard/Lot - Size, fenced or not, any special thing worth bragging about (trees, shrubs, planters, grass, play area)?


Nothing special in the yard, and it's actually rather small -- which is why I left it out.  As a take-away brochure, I don't want to remind them of anything they may have had concerns about.  Also, no garage.  

Quote
You mention location in regards to work/higher ed. areas, what's the local school district and the elementary/middle/H.S. for the location?  MLS might list some of this, for example school district, but it's nice to confirm which particular school the home is districted to.


We have county schools here, and the lines for particular schools change almost annually.  They are listed in MLS, but because the county is *huge* and relatively well-funded, all the schools in this area are equally good.  And with an active magnet school program, parents can live anywhere in the county without much thought to which school district they're in, because there are plenty of ways to maneouvre within the system.  

Quote
These questions popped up at me because I'm part of the parents-with-school-aged-children demographic.


An important demographic to consider.  Although I'm leaning more towards drawing in the "first-time homeowner, two-income, no-kids" market, seeing as how that's what we were when we moved here.  And the house isn't set up for young kids or babies (with the master bedroom upstairs from the kids' rooms), although it would be nice for teens.  One of the main reasons we're moving, actually.  

Other thoughts?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up