Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: giraffe and Potato Flakes  (Read 6044 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
giraffe and Potato Flakes
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2004, 08:29:45 pm »

Well, gosh, thanks! I'm just trying to learn the GIMP so I don't have to keep using pirated imaging software. Now if I can learn how to get the compression down, I should be a little better off.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
giraffe and Potato Flakes
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2004, 10:08:10 pm »

I meant where was the picture of the giraffe but I am glad that the misunderstanding led to such lovely visuals.

Jough, will you still be my friend if I suggest the giraffe will be better next time if you don't have the heat turned up so high.

Someone needs to try baking it.  I will at some point but we have too many leftovers to use up right now that don't include any pieces of giraffe.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
giraffe and Potato Flakes
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2004, 11:21:12 pm »

What do you mean?  It came out perfect!

Anyway, I'd like to try baking it sometime like this.  And I may make a potatoy batter out of it next time (mixing the buds with the buttermilk mixture) and then covering *that* with raw buds. It may make it potato-y-er.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
giraffe and Potato Flakes
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2004, 12:56:27 am »

Why did I expect that response to be:

"What do you mean? I'm not your friend now!"
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
giraffe and Potato Flakes
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2004, 01:34:57 am »

Well at least he didn't threaten to delete all my posts.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
giraffe and Potato Flakes
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2004, 01:37:49 am »

Jough, glad you liked it! I think Wombat is onto something with the heat, though.

Recipes are for experimenting, so I'd like to hear what happens when you mix the flakes in the dredging liquid and put more on the outside.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
giraffe and Potato Flakes
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2004, 01:41:07 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
Well at least he didn't threaten to delete all my posts.


Yet.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
giraffe and Potato Flakes
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2004, 05:35:00 am »

I am still wombat's friend.  Her insolence amuses me.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up