The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: andalucia on June 02, 2004, 10:22:17 am

Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: andalucia on June 02, 2004, 10:22:17 am
That is one epic last panel.  My stars.  
I also am very much into that chair in which Spongebath is seated.

Link (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06022004)

Edited to add link to strip.
Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: slink on June 02, 2004, 11:11:42 am
Wow. Spongebath makes me think of one of the memebers of the Deftones.
Good hat.
Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: CortJstr on June 02, 2004, 12:41:50 pm
Dang, Emeril has some serious eyebrows goin' on. I bet those didn't come from a box (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10282002).
Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: St_Zartan on June 02, 2004, 02:33:18 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Wow. Spongebath makes me think of one of the members of the Deftones.
Good hat.


I was going to say something along the lines of, gee, I'm glad that Onstad's gift subscription to Lowrider magazine finally started coming in, but yeah.

Spongebath. Serious Times, dogg.
Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: jough on June 02, 2004, 03:14:17 pm
Cort - do you have all of the archive strips cross-referenced in a database by topic, or do you look them up each time?
Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: llimllib on June 02, 2004, 03:15:10 pm
A fat character! has achewood ever had a fat character before? Not to my recollection.

Spongebath made me think of fat albert - a combination of albert and mushmouth, what with the covered eyes.
Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: CortJstr on June 02, 2004, 04:09:46 pm
Quote from: "llimllib"
A fat character! has achewood ever had a fat character before? Not to my recollection.

Not unless you count Ray. Or the ice cream parlor (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11132003) guy.

Quote from: "Jough"
Cort - do you have all of the archive strips cross-referenced in a database by topic, or do you look them up each time?

I look 'em up. I've gotten pretty good at guessing what Onstad's title will be in the archive. Although one time I got really frustrated and determined and spent like 10 minutes searching for a strip before I realized it was a Serializer.
Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: Choop on June 02, 2004, 04:49:24 pm
Don't forget Arthur (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11052003)

Stay OFF the beach!
Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 02, 2004, 05:02:55 pm
I'm getting this strong Jay and Silent Bob feel here.
Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: side_show on June 02, 2004, 05:05:58 pm
Quote from: "llimllib"
A fat character! has achewood ever had a fat character before? Not to my recollection.

Spongebath made me think of fat albert - a combination of albert and mushmouth, what with the covered eyes.


Thanks a lot, now I have that god damn Fat Albert theme song stuck in my head!

I wash myself with a rag on a stick.
Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: Steve Hogan on June 02, 2004, 06:54:09 pm
Deep fry my cornbread.  Jell-O shots and sweet sweet effin' do take it's toll on a body some.
Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: V-Adore on June 02, 2004, 07:03:59 pm
Quote from: "Steve Hogan"
Deep fry my cornbread.  Jell-O shots and sweet sweet effin' do take it's toll on a body some.

Best strip summary EVER.

Anyway, this I like. I get the feeling we're never going to see Spongebath or Emeril again, but that's okay, because sometimes characters don't need to recur.

Now I'm wondering about Uncle Culpepper's Condition, though.
Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: CortJstr on June 02, 2004, 07:40:13 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "Steve Hogan"
Deep fry my cornbread.  Jell-O shots and sweet sweet effin' do take it's toll on a body some.

Best strip summary EVER.

Anyway, this I like. I get the feeling we're never going to see Spongebath or Emeril again, but that's okay, because sometimes characters don't need to recur.

Now I'm wondering about Uncle Culpepper's Condition, though.

I bet he turns into an unstoppable killing machine after a moment of pure happiness. No, that's not right.

He turns into an ogre at sundown. That isn't it either.

I dunno. Night terrors?
Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: miles on June 02, 2004, 07:43:20 pm
Silent Bob, yes, but I don't see the Jay in Emeril.  Emeril kind of reminds me of that one chef ... kind of famous ... thick eyebrows ... what the fuck's his name?

Come to think of it, Spongebath kind of reminds me of a Cypress Hill type dude.  Yeah, he definitely owns a lowrider, possibly one of those lowrider bicycles, or possibly the real thing.  I can't tell how old he is.

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I'm getting this strong Jay and Silent Bob feel here.
Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: side_show on June 02, 2004, 07:58:44 pm
I tried so hard to find an image of this, but I didn't come very close:

http://www.hiwheel.com/site_graphics/cust_photos/larry_mini2.jpg
or
http://www.hiwheel.com/site_graphics/cust_photos/charlesh1.jpg

I love finding stuff like this - these people exist in the world, they're going their thing.
Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: miles on June 02, 2004, 08:11:15 pm
Hehe, that's cool.  Here is what I think Spongebath could be seen riding:

http://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro/09.25.97/art-9739.html

What do ya'll think?

Quote from: "side_show"
I tried so hard to find an image of this, but I didn't come very close:

http://www.hiwheel.com/site_graphics/cust_photos/larry_mini2.jpg
or
http://www.hiwheel.com/site_graphics/cust_photos/charlesh1.jpg

I love finding stuff like this - these people exist in the world, they're going their thing.
Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: side_show on June 02, 2004, 08:19:30 pm
No, I think it needs to be longer and lower to the ground.

You know I saw a kid ridding a lowrider bike down the street and almost cracked up.  Bikes are always silly to me.
Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: slink on June 02, 2004, 08:23:21 pm
Quote from: "miles"

What do ya'll think?


There'd have to be all scuff marks, what with the hat and all.
Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: AugustWest on June 02, 2004, 09:12:34 pm
Am I the only one who thinks that Unc and Tina were taken off in the ambulance as a result of complications from the use of a barbed c*ck?
Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: V-Adore on June 02, 2004, 09:24:08 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Am I the only one who thinks that Unc and Tina were taken off in the ambulance as a result of complications from the use of a barbed c*ck?

Except that you would think that cats would be used to that sort of thing, that being species-normal and all.

Also: u dei and in hel.
Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: side_show on June 02, 2004, 09:28:10 pm
I know this has been discussed in a thread of yor' but when I know not.  I remember it as being one of the funniest threads we've ever had though.  Maybe from the Molly and Beef in heaven story line?
Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: Choop on June 02, 2004, 09:36:00 pm
STOP IT! STOP IT RIGHT NOW!
Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: ferocious j on June 02, 2004, 10:56:00 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Am I the only one who thinks that Unc and Tina were taken off in the ambulance as a result of complications from the use of a barbed c*ck?

The thing I was wondering -- "Why would they both be taken away in an ambulance?" -- was solved for me when the following scenario materialized on its own in my brain:

- Unc and Tina are doin' it
- Unc's Condition causes him to collapse upon Tina
- Tina is put in some sort of shock resulting from being pinned under a comatose Unc, presumably in a compromising position

I couldn't help it, it just ... popped in there.
Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: andalucia on June 02, 2004, 11:39:18 pm
We really need JL and some of her trademark tears, or at least her fearsome mod powers, to stop this madness.
Because I know jough won't.
Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: Formica on June 02, 2004, 11:46:38 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
We really need JL and some of her trademark tears, or at least her fearsome mod powers, to stop this madness.
Because I know jough won't.

Given we're discussing the content of today's strip, which involved feline sexual encounters and low-rider Cypress Hill lookin' guys hangin' out on the dirt, how is it not relevant?

I'm just curious.
Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: andalucia on June 02, 2004, 11:56:39 pm
Touché, sir.
Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: arkabee on June 03, 2004, 12:41:09 am
Quote from: "ferocious j"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Am I the only one who thinks that Unc and Tina were taken off in the ambulance as a result of complications from the use of a barbed c*ck?

The thing I was wondering -- "Why would they both be taken away in an ambulance?" -- was solved for me when the following scenario materialized on its own in my brain:

- Unc and Tina are doin' it
- Unc's Condition causes him to collapse upon Tina
- Tina is put in some sort of shock resulting from being pinned under a comatose Unc, presumably in a compromising position

I couldn't help it, it just ... popped in there.


um, howzabout:

Uncle has a Bout of Condition, and being with Tina at the time of the Bout, she calls the ambulance, being that Uncle is in the midst of the Bout and unable to call.

Being a Classy Girl like She Is, Tina went to the hospital with Uncle to make sure he would be ok.
Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: Flenker on June 03, 2004, 07:44:06 am
Something I am wondering is why is Roast Beef in the dark with the shades drawn....  I guess it fits him, just to be sitting with no lights on, alone
Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: palm trees on June 03, 2004, 12:45:27 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
I know this has been discussed in a thread of yor' but when I know not.  I remember it as being one of the funniest threads we've ever had though.  Maybe from the Molly and Beef in heaven story line?


this looks like incredible prediction of storyline to me
Title: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: side_show on June 03, 2004, 02:26:19 pm
Yep, I guess the food poisoning has made me psychic.  How cool is that!
Title: Re: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 09, 2009, 05:33:28 pm
Performing thread necromancy to point out that apparently the melungeon dialect makes no distinction between accusative and genitive/dative case for pronouns.
Title: Re: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: miles on January 09, 2009, 06:23:02 pm
That is one epic last panel.  My stars.  
I also am very much into that chair in which Spongebath is seated.

Please post permalink in original post and follow proper date protocol.

<thoughtfully fingers onion offense card>
Title: Re: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: pmcd9 on January 09, 2009, 09:55:36 pm
If you tell me what year it is I'll do it.
Title: Re: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: JorgeFabregas on January 09, 2009, 10:14:07 pm
June 2, 2004

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06022004
Title: Re: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: herofix on January 09, 2009, 10:36:30 pm
Please post permalink in original post and follow proper date protocol.

<thoughtfully fingers onion offense card>

You are the first person to get my sweet, sweet can.
Title: Re: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: pmcd9 on January 09, 2009, 11:06:09 pm
Alright, there we go.  No more confusion or onion offenses.
Title: Re: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 10, 2009, 03:29:14 am
While I am of the opinion that the BEST reason to resurrect a thread is to point out that it is getting a lot of search traffic because the title can be misinterpreted as sexy, these are all good reasons as well.
Title: Re: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 12, 2009, 02:40:46 am
While I am of the opinion that the BEST reason to resurrect a thread is to point out that it is getting a lot of search traffic because the title can be misinterpreted as sexy, these are all good reasons as well.

Sorry, I've been on a big linguistics kick lately and was tickled pink to see that the old indo-european case system still was holding on by a thread in English; and then I finally understood what the hell Emeril was saying in that strip after reading up on Old and Middle English cases/declensions. AIIIIGHT?