Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: am-bu-lance: June 2/04  (Read 7368 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2009, 05:33:28 pm »

Performing thread necromancy to point out that apparently the melungeon dialect makes no distinction between accusative and genitive/dative case for pronouns.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2009, 06:23:02 pm »

That is one epic last panel.  My stars.  
I also am very much into that chair in which Spongebath is seated.

Please post permalink in original post and follow proper date protocol.

<thoughtfully fingers onion offense card>
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2009, 09:55:36 pm »

If you tell me what year it is I'll do it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2009, 10:14:07 pm »

Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

herofix

  • Guest
Re: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2009, 10:36:30 pm »

Please post permalink in original post and follow proper date protocol.

<thoughtfully fingers onion offense card>

You are the first person to get my sweet, sweet can.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2009, 11:06:09 pm »

Alright, there we go.  No more confusion or onion offenses.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2009, 03:29:14 am »

While I am of the opinion that the BEST reason to resurrect a thread is to point out that it is getting a lot of search traffic because the title can be misinterpreted as sexy, these are all good reasons as well.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: am-bu-lance: June 2/04
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2009, 02:40:46 am »

While I am of the opinion that the BEST reason to resurrect a thread is to point out that it is getting a lot of search traffic because the title can be misinterpreted as sexy, these are all good reasons as well.

Sorry, I've been on a big linguistics kick lately and was tickled pink to see that the old indo-european case system still was holding on by a thread in English; and then I finally understood what the hell Emeril was saying in that strip after reading up on Old and Middle English cases/declensions. AIIIIGHT?
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up