The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: yu-huang on December 29, 2005, 10:53:18 am

Title: Dec 29, 05 - who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!
Post by: yu-huang on December 29, 2005, 10:53:18 am
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01022006 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01022006)

I, like, can't wait for 2006. Etc.

[edit: added date to title — Cort]
Title: Re: who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!
Post by: misterqueue on December 29, 2005, 11:10:16 am
Dude.. date in the title!  DATE IN THE TITLE!

I know the seething need to actually start a new comic thread is overwhelming but come on.

Also, today's comic is basically like treasure.
Title: Re: who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!
Post by: yu-huang on December 29, 2005, 11:47:20 am
Well, it's not *that* overwhelming.
Title: Re: who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!
Post by: pmcd9 on December 29, 2005, 01:27:26 pm
Well, it's not *that* overwhelming.

You replied, but you didn't fix the title.  For shame.

~Paul
Title: Re: Dec 29, 05 - who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!
Post by: CortJstr on December 29, 2005, 01:57:28 pm
First Ray can't have his nachos because there's a hair in them (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08012003) (and of course people like us complaining) and now this. Maybe nacholessness is his true punishment for selling his soul.
Title: Re: Dec 29, 05 - who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!
Post by: Null on December 29, 2005, 02:00:30 pm
I really like the drawing of the ship.   And it sure looks like Molly's story has some drama in it, what with one guy ready to blow his own head off.   I wonder if this is how she got to Heaven?

If she originally lived in the 17th/18th century, i wonder how she would know how to code java.   But I'm sure it will all be explained.
Title: Re: Dec 29, 05 - who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!
Post by: misterqueue on December 29, 2005, 02:03:05 pm
You know, I just realized that Ray is turning into one of those people who eats nachos at every meal.

Or maybe every day is now his BIRTHDAY,asshole. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01092004)*


*Note: I was not calling you, the reader of this post, an asshole; I was using DRAMA!
Title: Re: Dec 29, 05 - who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!
Post by: CortJstr on December 29, 2005, 02:09:36 pm
If she originally lived in the 17th/18th century, i wonder how she would know how to code java.   But I'm sure it will all be explained.

If you can't keep up with technology then it's not heaven, is it? Plus they have Wired (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06302003).
Title: Re: Dec 29, 05 - who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!
Post by: Decay on December 29, 2005, 04:24:49 pm
17th century sailing drama next to "DAAAAAAANG NAAAAACHOS" is basically like the essence of Achewood.

Also, 8 is the optimum number of As to make DAAAAAAANG both melodramatic and hilarious

Also, it is awesome that Onstad has gone to the future and gotten the January 2nd comic from his future self and brought it back to us here in the primitive year 2005.
Title: Re: Dec 29, 05 - who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!
Post by: V-Adore on December 29, 2005, 06:12:38 pm
We're sailing... INTO THE FUTURE.

Anyway, I don't actually expect this story to see the light of day, but if it does I will be the happiest girl in the world.

As for Ray's nacholessness, I just love the emphasis on "DAAAAAAAANG" in the anguished scream. That is the best-thought-out "dang" ever.
Title: Re: Dec 29, 05 - who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!
Post by: robot_roll_call on December 29, 2005, 06:21:29 pm
I would really like to see a few hand drawn strips now.
Title: Re: Dec 29, 05 - who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!
Post by: CortJstr on December 29, 2005, 08:18:52 pm
I probably would've said "nachooooos" instead. I find that easier to yell. Maybe I need more voice training.
Title: Re: Dec 29, 05 - who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 29, 2005, 08:23:19 pm
That's true. Saying "Naaaaaaaachos!" would probably cause people around you to say "gesundheit".
Title: Re: Dec 29, 05 - who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!
Post by: wombat on December 29, 2005, 09:16:45 pm
Not enough dachshunds.  Oh, unless that's who ate the nachos?
Title: Re: Dec 29, 05 - who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!
Post by: Hobot on December 29, 2005, 10:09:56 pm
DAAAAAAAANG DAAAAAAAACHSHUND!
Title: Re: Dec 29, 05 - who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 31, 2005, 02:13:47 am
Am I the only one who noticed that the DAAAAAAAANG NACHOS bit was the "possessed banjo" strip with reworded bubble and an open nacho box instead of a cellphone?

Title: Re: Dec 29, 05 - who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!
Post by: Bozack on December 31, 2005, 02:48:07 am
I would really like to see a few hand drawn strips now.

Oh, man, I would really like to eat some nachos.

Am I the only one who noticed that the DAAAAAAAANG NACHOS bit was the "possessed banjo" strip with reworded bubble and an open nacho box instead of a cellphone?

...wow. Way to...wow. I'm not sure if I should encourage that.
Title: Re: Dec 29, 05 - who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 31, 2005, 07:47:10 am
I think there are very few cartoonists out there who don't have hundreds of frames and characters drawn in different positions, attitudes, and expressions on hand and use them when appropriate. What's the point of hand drawing 10,000 frames if you can't take advantage of the work you already did? I doubt anyone creates 100% original art every single time over years.

Plus, it's the holidays.
Plus, it's almost fascinating in a sick sort of way that you would notice that. I think it's safe to answer your question 'Yes. Yes you are."
Title: Re: Dec 29, 05 - who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 04, 2006, 02:27:04 am
I think there are very few cartoonists out there who don't have hundreds of frames and characters drawn in different positions, attitudes, and expressions on hand and use them when appropriate. What's the point of hand drawing 10,000 frames if you can't take advantage of the work you already did? I doubt anyone creates 100% original art every single time over years.

Plus, it's the holidays.
Plus, it's almost fascinating in a sick sort of way that you would notice that. I think it's safe to answer your question 'Yes. Yes you are."

I kept my mouth shut about Milklin's first appearance on Fuck You Friday (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01072005) though.
Title: Re: Dec 29, 05 - who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!
Post by: redshifter on January 04, 2006, 06:48:51 am
onstad could take a few lessons from tony millionaire about drawing 19th century ships.

plus we need more lie-bot and onstad picking up ray and roast beef.  "what the hell are you doing?"
Title: Re: Dec 29, 05 - who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!
Post by: Bozack on January 05, 2006, 02:15:04 am
Today, in rememberance of this strip, I ate some nachos.
Title: Re: Dec 29, 05 - who... ate... my daaaaaang naaaachos!
Post by: misterqueue on January 05, 2006, 02:32:38 am
Today, in rememberance of this strip, I ate some nachos.

It better be your BIRTHDAY, asshole! (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01092004)