The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: AlohaDawg on January 03, 2006, 07:55:31 pm

Title: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 03, 2006, 07:55:31 pm
Please feel fee to post in this thread your idea about what a TOUAMBIE would look like.

I think it's a golden rollerskate on a pedestal shaped like a martini glass with a thong draped over it.

Those of you with skills feel free to photoshop up the award we'll be giving. Post the pics so we can choose a winner.
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: misterqueue on January 03, 2006, 08:15:07 pm
I think it looks like Maaaaaking love in a Limo on an Airplane on a Spaceship bound for Space. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10122004)

But I doubt you could photoshop that.. maybe the "Fuckin'" poster all by itself would be sufficient.
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: Mantonio on January 03, 2006, 10:06:39 pm
maybe the "Fuckin'" poster all by itself would be sufficient.

Seconded.
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: jough on January 04, 2006, 12:47:10 am
Given these boards, maybe Calvin pissing on the Achewood logo would be more appropriate.
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: misterqueue on January 04, 2006, 12:59:16 am
But Fuckin' ... Jough... FUCKIN'!

Do you not hear the bang of my snap drum?!

Fuckin'! 

(Pardon me, I'm kind of swerved, even though it's not IRC time.)
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: side_show on January 05, 2006, 04:13:06 pm
A License Plate Holder that tells everyone exactly how the vehicle was bought would be ideal. 

However a Fuckin' Poster is awesome.

Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on January 05, 2006, 06:36:43 pm
But Fuckin' ... Jough... FUCKIN'!

Do you not hear the bang of my snap drum?!

Fuckin'! 

(Pardon me, I'm kind of swerved, even though it's not IRC time.)

YEAH! I like his idea. We need to see more butt fuck*ng!
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: V-Adore on January 05, 2006, 09:19:49 pm
YEAH! I like his idea. We need to see more butt fuck*ng!

Actually, no. No, we do not.
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: misterqueue on January 05, 2006, 09:50:48 pm
Actually, no. No, we do not.

Well now actually... that all depends.


Er.. I mean.. of course I agree with V-adore in her wisdom.

*bats eyes innocently*
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 05, 2006, 11:09:54 pm
Not on the couch, fellas.

Also, bring it back to topic! Who will design and submit their vision of the TOUAMBIE?
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: Hobot on January 05, 2006, 11:55:36 pm
AD, I had the best of intentions.  I Google Image Searched all the aforementioned components (martini glass, draping thong, roller skate, &c.), opened Photoshop, played around, and realised that I have no skills to speak of.

But I tried!
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: jough on January 06, 2006, 12:20:23 am
I'll work something up this weekend.
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: MattFish on January 06, 2006, 02:59:22 am
I'll work something up this weekend to possibly post right after jough does if mine turns out better than his.
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: side_show on January 06, 2006, 08:03:19 am
Oh, you win the passive-aggressive egoist award for sure.  And what do you win?  A tiny can of Dr. Pepper of course.

Also, they have the make-your own shrink-i-dink sets for sale a the local craft store, but they're so stupid expensive for clear sheets of plastic- like $15 for an 8 x 10 (with apparently special pens that look suspiciously crappy and are the only ones you're supposed to use on the stupid plastic) otherwise I'd suggest we get all crafty and make some small cans of Dr. Pepper that you could shrink down to tiny size yourself in your very own oven.   Although I remember making Shrink-i-dinks as a kid and being annoyed at the smell and sort of disillusioned by the final result.  "Yeah grandma, they got smaller.  Who cares?  Sigh."
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: V-Adore on January 06, 2006, 09:12:55 pm
Also, they have the make-your own shrink-i-dink sets for sale a the local craft store, but they're so stupid expensive for clear sheets of plastic- like $15 for an 8 x 10 (with apparently special pens that look suspiciously crappy and are the only ones you're supposed to use on the stupid plastic) otherwise I'd suggest we get all crafty and make some small cans of Dr. Pepper that you could shrink down to tiny size yourself in your very own oven.   Although I remember making Shrink-i-dinks as a kid and being annoyed at the smell and sort of disillusioned by the final result.  "Yeah grandma, they got smaller.  Who cares?  Sigh."

You can do this with Styofoam(tm) cups, too. (Oh, the things you learn in Girl Scouts...) Theoretically, one could decorate a cup to look like a fake Dr Pepper fan and then oven-shrink it; it would be entirely possible, albeit maybe just a wee bit sad.
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: jough on January 08, 2006, 08:34:28 pm
Okay, here's my pass at making a TOUAMBIE:

(http://touamb.com/images/touambie-award.jpg)
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: V-Adore on January 08, 2006, 08:52:17 pm
Okay, here's my pass at making a TOUAMBIE:

The tiny can of Dr Pepper makes this. Nice.
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: side_show on January 08, 2006, 09:08:29 pm
Jough, I hate to be critical, but to me that can is not nearly tiny enough.
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: Hobot on January 08, 2006, 09:45:07 pm
Truly, jough, that is a Work of Art.
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: miles on January 08, 2006, 10:20:00 pm
It looks terrific.  But, more fuckin'?
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 08, 2006, 10:53:47 pm
I am in love with it! It is a love story!

It's a white skate. It could say "Fuckin'" in that fancy script with the little silhouette on it.

I'm slightly worried about handing out potentially deadly roller skates to people, though.

The Dr Pepper is a beautiful board-centric touch.
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: jough on January 09, 2006, 12:39:44 am
I'm not happy with the martini glass, but it's the only one I have.  I don't even have a set - just that one.  I think I got it as a gift with things stuffed into it because I was in a wedding party or something.

Anyway, I'll see if I can work "Fuckin'" into it.  Does anyone have a link to that strip so I can grab the image?
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: V-Adore on January 09, 2006, 12:43:13 am
Here it is. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08072002)
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: pmcd9 on January 09, 2006, 04:29:45 am
It's frickin' awesome, but the thong isn't working for me?

~Paul
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: wombat on January 09, 2006, 12:58:01 pm
Now that Paul mentions it, it might be nicer without the thong.  Less cluttered.

But the fuckin' is awesome.
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: side_show on January 09, 2006, 04:01:50 pm
Thank you for tiny-fying the can.

Yes, I think maybe don't get rid of the thong, but move it - perhaps carelessly tossed at the base fo the award, you know at the bottom of the Martini Glass.  Perhaps liquid in the Glass?

I don't know, but it's freakin' awesome. 
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: acoxcae on January 09, 2006, 04:16:32 pm
I seriously don't mean to be nit-picky, but the actual tiny Dr Peppers are more compressed vertically - I think they're the same width (diameter?) as a standard can, but only like 2 or 2.5 inches tall.  So, just saying.

I mean, it's not like I'm Pat or anything.

NINJA EDIT!

Also, I meant to say that it is indeed awesome as it exists.
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: side_show on January 09, 2006, 04:25:12 pm
I seriously don't mean to be nit-picky, but the actual tiny Dr Peppers are more compressed vertically - I think they're the same width (diameter?) as a standard can, but only like 2 or 2.5 inches tall.  So, just saying.

I mean, it's not like I'm Pat or anything.

NINJA EDIT!

Also, I meant to say that it is indeed awesome as it exists.

Hey man, when we talk of tiny cans, we're not talking about the tiny cans you can actually buy.  When it's karma cans, I imagine these cans being so small that they contain only enough liquid to just barely moisten your tongue.  In fact, for me, if we're talking roller-skate-to-tiny-can-ratio, I figure you could easily fit a whole six pack of tiny cans into a single skate. 
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: miles on January 09, 2006, 05:30:58 pm
Yes, I think maybe don't get rid of the thong, but move it - perhaps carelessly tossed at the base fo the award, you know at the bottom of the Martini Glass.  Perhaps liquid in the Glass?

Yeah, this is exactly where it should be.
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: jough on January 09, 2006, 05:31:58 pm
Yeah, I'm not talking about those squat 8 oz. cans they serve on airplanes and in minibars and such - I'm talking about a regular-shaped can, only really tiny, holding maybe 1 oz. of Dr Pepper.   They're not little cans - they're tiny cans.

I'll maybe do something with the thong.  It's hard to find a thong photo that looks like more than a tapered piece of black nothing.
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: jay-ell on January 09, 2006, 06:31:09 pm
I like.  Can we put a little caption for each category on the bottom (e.g. "Most Valuable Newbie") and shrink the whole image a little so that the winners can use them as avatars for a little while if they like? 

Or would that unfairly force people to actually read people's usernames at the top of their posts instead of relying on avatar-recognition like we've all gotten used to doing? 
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 09, 2006, 06:51:30 pm
Hey Jamie.

Feel free to make giveaway avatars if you like. I have no such skills.

Most Valuable N00b isn't a category at the moment. Maybe we need a few Mod-decided categories though.
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: MattFish on January 10, 2006, 02:05:36 pm
I doubt I could top that. I didn't try though.
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: Roger on January 10, 2006, 05:32:11 pm
The embossed Fuckin' looks great. I can almost feel the carved leather texture on my fingertips – one could read it blindfolded.
Now that's a handicap-accessible trophy – It's like Jough cares or something!
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 30, 2006, 01:50:05 pm
People,
The TOUAMBIE needs to incorporate this image (http://www.bobbyisosceles.com/images/touambie.jpg) somewhere: Perhaps for Honorable mentions:

http://www.bobbyisosceles.com/images/touambie.jpg
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: wombat on January 30, 2006, 04:08:39 pm
People,
The TOUAMBIE needs to incorporate this image (http://www.bobbyisosceles.com/images/touambie.jpg) somewhere: Perhaps for Honorable mentions:

http://www.bobbyisosceles.com/images/touambie.jpg

Oh, why did I click?
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 30, 2006, 04:23:56 pm
Oh, why did I click?

Oh, it could be worse:

Quote from: wombat
[old]Back in my day, all we had was giraffe placenta and we had to walk ten miles in ice to go to school, uphill both ways, except school wasn't invented yet, so we would just walk in the snow to a barren patch of land and stand for eight hours...[/old]
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: jough on January 30, 2006, 10:07:19 pm
Bobby, I just spent a minute trying to figure out what was wrong with that cat photo, but I couldn't.

I give up. In what way is your avatar deranged and/or disgusting?
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: CortJstr on January 30, 2006, 10:17:24 pm
Bobby, I just spent a minute trying to figure out what was wrong with that cat photo, but I couldn't.

I give up. In what way is your avatar deranged and/or disgusting?

Maybe it's a male calico and therefore has an extra chromosome?
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: Bozack on January 30, 2006, 10:19:12 pm
Maybe it just fucked my mom?
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: CortJstr on January 30, 2006, 10:28:13 pm
Maybe it just fucked my mom?

I doubt it. I'd probably would've run into it before if that were the case.



Well somebody had to say it.
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 30, 2006, 11:25:31 pm
Bobby, I just spent a minute trying to figure out what was wrong with that cat photo, but I couldn't.

I give up. In what way is your avatar deranged and/or disgusting?

Perception is nine-tenths of the law or something like that.
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: V-Adore on January 31, 2006, 12:45:34 am
Man, I bet that cat just shot fifty loads after a long cockrub session with Bobby. Aren't you cute, Klinefelter Cockrub-Warrior Kitty?
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: CortJstr on January 31, 2006, 12:49:13 am
Man, I bet that cat just shot fifty loads after a long cockrub session with Bobby. Aren't you cute, Klinefelter Cockrub-Warrior Kitty?

Fatal Error. The author and text of this post do not match. Please resubmit with proper username.
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 31, 2006, 12:51:13 am
Man, I bet that cat just shot fifty loads after a long cockrub session with Bobby. Aren't you cute, Klinefelter Cockrub-Warrior Kitty?

They're too busy shooting fifty loads on each other after barbed cockrub sessions:

(http://www.bobbyisosceles.com/images/twocats.jpg)
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: wombat on January 31, 2006, 01:35:48 am
Fatal Error. The author and text of this post do not match. Please resubmit with proper username.

Oh no!  It was that discussion of V's childhood equestrian trauma in the chat room last night that did it.  Guys, look what you have done.  For shame.
Title: Re: What does a TOUAMBIE look like?
Post by: V-Adore on January 31, 2006, 05:20:43 am
Yeah, I think I may have just turned evil.

Be honest: you've read worse supervillain origin stories.