The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Noah on January 13, 2006, 06:39:48 am

Title: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: Noah on January 13, 2006, 06:39:48 am
pretty funny! (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01132006)

[Mod Edit: You mean it was so funny you had no real reason to start a new thread about it?]

EDITED TO DE-IDIOTIZE THE SUBJECT -- Jough
Title: friday january 13th 2006 c.e.: f-f-four balls
Post by: rumpy doppelganger on January 13, 2006, 06:40:45 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01132006

testicle story lines hella rilin up some chuckles, gonna fax this one to some people in high places

we'll be hearing from that guy, and i don't mean a postcawd

increased jubilation

first post

LOL
Title: Re: friday january 13th 2005 c.e.: f-f-four balls
Post by: rumpy doppelganger on January 13, 2006, 06:42:15 am
WHOOPS looks like noah chomped this bit first first first post

>:{ sry feel free to lock this then
Title: Re: Jan. 13 - Interestingly, No
Post by: miles on January 13, 2006, 06:45:55 am
Oh fuck dude you are gonna git it.

Thread title could have been:  "Can't talk now, bro.  I'm three-ballin'."

I will use this line tomorrow.
Title: Re: Jan. 13 - Interestingly, No
Post by: Limmo on January 13, 2006, 06:50:04 am
Yeah, OK, I've had enough of this storyline.  Thanks.

Also: Noah, please read the thread "I didn't want to have to do this..."  You should know better by now.
Title: Re: Jan. 13 - Interestingly, No
Post by: rumpy doppelganger on January 13, 2006, 06:53:03 am
you should specify what season it is in the topic title, southern hemisphere readers might get confused because for them january is actually like july

think it o-o-over ~/:/o

edit, way to make my post look superfluous

double post
Title: Re: friday january 13th 2006 c.e.: f-f-four balls
Post by: Noah on January 13, 2006, 07:00:42 am
just say BC like everybody else does dude

using "ce" does not make you smart
Title: Re: friday january 13th 2006 c.e.: f-f-four balls
Post by: rumpy doppelganger on January 13, 2006, 07:04:38 am
ugh pls don't impose your christian right bullgarbage on me

it's a little thing called america dude deal w/ it >:{ \m/

i'm just gonna go ahead and lock this thread hopin to put a stop to this ridiculous acrimony

ugh
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: rumpy doppelganger on January 13, 2006, 07:56:15 am
jough, you magnificent bastard, you've done it again
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 13, 2006, 08:47:34 am
I vote for 100 posts before starting threads.
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: rumpy doppelganger on January 13, 2006, 09:03:31 am
fact:

the guy who started the thread has 140 posts

this has been a fact
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: ndpatel on January 13, 2006, 09:12:28 am
see, this rumpy kid's got spirit. sure, he's gonna get his ass handed to him by you delightful folks, but still. that's...moxie!
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: misterqueue on January 13, 2006, 11:06:54 am
Holy crap, what the hell is happening in here today?

Where's the fuck*ng bouncer?  When the hell did we start letting kids behind this velvet fuck*ng rope?

In other news, I'm tired of this concept now.  I know Karl Lagerfeld likes balls, everyone knows this; we've all seen him and his fan.
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: MattFish on January 13, 2006, 11:52:26 am
Fuck this bullshit. Why don't we just moderate the total crap out of this thread and keep it drama-free? Achewood Discussion is no place for chaos.

That said: This strip is ridiculous. I can't tell if Ray is joking or not, and he can't be joking, but he has to be joking. "Can't talk now, bro, three-ballin'"? The 'Solo'? Why would anyone want to advertize that they might have a non-standard set of testicles, especially someone willing to spend more than for the standard model? He makes it sound so very convincing, and it can't be possible! I think I need to go lie down.  :'(  So much great dialogue though. F'f'f'f'friggin awesome.

Also, who has little casting equipment?
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: Roger on January 13, 2006, 01:05:46 pm
I was sniffing a Lance Armstrong joke since panel 3, but thankfully Onstad's more chic than that. Or most likely, he had read this (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2421.msg52164.html#msg52164).

The 'Solo'? Why would anyone want to advertize that they might have a non-standard set of testicles, especially someone willing to spend more than for the standard model?

I don't know, maybe Ray is tuned to a slight change in the contemporary male identity, exemplified by, for instance, Enrique Iglesias launching a signature range of small condoms. It's all about embracing your uniqueness, fellas.

Anyway, here's hoping for a nutsack-free next week of Achewood.
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: V-Adore on January 13, 2006, 01:59:05 pm
The Solo, personally, makes me think of the "small and streamlined" trend in recent trendy items; what you're supposed to admire is the simplicity, I think. Either that, or it sends the message "I live in an economy of such affluence that I was even able to afford testicular-cancer treatment for my cellular phone."
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: robot_god on January 13, 2006, 04:36:15 pm
Will the t-shirts have the balls on the chest or down by the balls?
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: Pedro Picasso on January 13, 2006, 05:03:51 pm
This strip wasn't funny, but Ray's mastery of market-speak is pleasant to read.  Meanwhile several people have decried "the drama" in this thread, and moderators have imposed a strict subject format so that we may continue -- properly and directly -- our discussions of drawings of a cat attaching rubber testicles to his portable phone.  This is funny.  This is comedic gold. 

For me, Onstad's medium is not merely digital comic strips, but also their wake on this message board.
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: CortJstr on January 13, 2006, 05:05:36 pm
The Solo, personally, makes me think of the "small and streamlined" trend in recent trendy items; what you're supposed to admire is the simplicity, I think. Either that, or it sends the message "I live in an economy of such affluence that I was even able to afford testicular-cancer treatment for my cellular phone."

Maybe people would buy it as an ironic statement. "I'm a hipster using a cell phone which they say causes cancer. And look, my phone had to have a ball removed because it gave cancer to itself. Now if you'll excuse me I have to make a wireless post to my blog about how annoying cell phones are in restaurants."
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: yu-huang on January 13, 2006, 05:09:49 pm
Meanwhile several people have decried "the drama" in this thread, and moderators have imposed a strict subject format so that we may continue -- properly and directly -- our discussions of drawings of a cat attaching rubber testicles to his portable phone.  This is funny.  This is comedic gold. 

Yes indeed. You're receiving a tiny can of Dr Pepper for that (something quite nice about having -whatevers cans of the thing and still being able to give them out freely...)
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 13, 2006, 05:42:54 pm
fact:

the guy who started the thread has 140 posts

this has been a fact

I was referring to the dipshit asshat who duplicated the first post AND wrote first post. Dumb fucker.

Now I vote for 200.
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: otter on January 13, 2006, 05:50:09 pm
What I find personally funny is the fact that I was just looking at a piece of music equipment called the Solo (http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FireWireSolo-main.html).  Maybe you plug the single fake ball into the XLR connector?

There's also something really hilarious about going up to three balls and then down to one, as if going up to three is a sign of conspicuous consumption, while going up to one shows that you're rich, but at least you have good taste (in attaching rubber testicles to your phone).
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: Biz Markizzle on January 13, 2006, 05:51:17 pm
I think this strip is funny. And I like to think about all the gadgets to which we can attach testicles. Isn't Karl Lagerfeld a total iPod nut? So we could have iBalls or such as BluBalls for people with those dumb phone things. Or BlackBalls (BerryBalls?).

This train is leaving the station; please get on board.

Love
Biz  
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: Null on January 13, 2006, 06:26:56 pm
I guess it's an example of irony that Ray is making and selling things that he would otherwise order from the Home Shopping Network during a drunken stupor, and be all Daaaang why did I order some junk for my cell phone, everyone knows I hate that the next day.
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: AugustWest on January 13, 2006, 06:51:18 pm
Perhaps Ray is attempting to compensate (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01242002) for something.
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: Bozack on January 13, 2006, 10:04:56 pm
I am totally over nutsacks. Also, this thread is like my 'Nam. Chaos.
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: pmcd9 on January 13, 2006, 10:37:25 pm
I guess it's an example of irony that Ray is making and selling things that he would otherwise order from the Home Shopping Network during a drunken stupor, and be all Daaaang why did I order some junk for my cell phone, everyone knows I hate that the next day.

I think the two are tied together.  Obviously people spend a lot of money on crap on Home Shopping Network.  Someone is making a killing off of it.  Why not the cat with a thong?

~Paul
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: AugustWest on March 18, 2013, 12:32:31 pm
(http://i.imgur.com/f40alwo.jpg)
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: pmcd9 on March 18, 2013, 04:28:56 pm
Eureka! Life imitates art.
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: Doc on March 18, 2013, 04:36:02 pm
Phoneballs, bottle openers, card that reads 'fuck*ng Love You'.

Is August shopping at the Man Store?
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: jaydub on March 18, 2013, 05:28:05 pm
Onstad needs to get a cut of that action.
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: pmcd9 on March 18, 2013, 05:33:38 pm
Onstad needs to get a cut of that action.

Well, you know he could have put this product out himself back in 2006, but we all know how good he is at marketing.
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on March 18, 2013, 05:46:28 pm
For the man who just can't get enough balls on his chin the old fashioned way.
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: jaydub on March 18, 2013, 09:14:26 pm
For the man who just can't get enough balls on his chin the old fashioned way.
You need to get Teodor to come up with some graphic design to go with that copy.
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: CortJstr on March 18, 2013, 10:06:45 pm
Phoneballs, bottle openers, card that reads 'fuck*ng Love You'.

Is August shopping at the Man Store?

Welcome to Cute Things for Tough Guys (http://badgods.com/view/cutestore/). If you can't find something look harder. I ain't yer mom.
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: AKKOLADE on March 24, 2013, 08:12:00 pm
The people who started this thread had no idea where it was going to lead. How I envy them.
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on May 16, 2016, 11:30:59 pm
Did it take anyone else this long to realize that you can sing "I'm three-ballin" to the tune of Tom Petty's "Free Falling"? Because I only realized that this morning. And then spent the whole rest of the morning singing "'Cause I'm THREE… three BALLIN…"
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: Jaded Tersk on May 17, 2016, 12:52:20 pm
Did it take anyone else this long to realize that you can sing "I'm three-ballin" to the tune of Tom Petty's "Free Falling"? Because I only realized that this morning. And then spent the whole rest of the morning singing "'Cause I'm THREE… three BALLIN…"

...I'm gonna three-ball, out into nothin'...
Title: Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
Post by: theinevitable on May 17, 2016, 02:41:01 pm
I heard this joke as "free ballin" (to refer to no underwear) in 6th grade. I remember being offended because the older guys who made the joke then looked at me and agreed not to make jokes like that in front of "the kid."