Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Poll

f-f-four balls?

interestingly, no
- 1 (100%)
other (specify below)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1


Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006  (Read 10772 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2006, 01:59:05 pm »

The Solo, personally, makes me think of the "small and streamlined" trend in recent trendy items; what you're supposed to admire is the simplicity, I think. Either that, or it sends the message "I live in an economy of such affluence that I was even able to afford testicular-cancer treatment for my cellular phone."
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2006, 04:36:15 pm »

Will the t-shirts have the balls on the chest or down by the balls?
Logged
ACHIEVE

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2006, 05:03:51 pm »

This strip wasn't funny, but Ray's mastery of market-speak is pleasant to read.  Meanwhile several people have decried "the drama" in this thread, and moderators have imposed a strict subject format so that we may continue -- properly and directly -- our discussions of drawings of a cat attaching rubber testicles to his portable phone.  This is funny.  This is comedic gold. 

For me, Onstad's medium is not merely digital comic strips, but also their wake on this message board.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2006, 05:05:36 pm »

The Solo, personally, makes me think of the "small and streamlined" trend in recent trendy items; what you're supposed to admire is the simplicity, I think. Either that, or it sends the message "I live in an economy of such affluence that I was even able to afford testicular-cancer treatment for my cellular phone."

Maybe people would buy it as an ironic statement. "I'm a hipster using a cell phone which they say causes cancer. And look, my phone had to have a ball removed because it gave cancer to itself. Now if you'll excuse me I have to make a wireless post to my blog about how annoying cell phones are in restaurants."
Logged

yu-huang

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • xy7htk
Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2006, 05:09:49 pm »

Meanwhile several people have decried "the drama" in this thread, and moderators have imposed a strict subject format so that we may continue -- properly and directly -- our discussions of drawings of a cat attaching rubber testicles to his portable phone.  This is funny.  This is comedic gold. 

Yes indeed. You're receiving a tiny can of Dr Pepper for that (something quite nice about having -whatevers cans of the thing and still being able to give them out freely...)
Logged
the ominous finger-pointing of street aggression

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2006, 05:42:54 pm »

fact:

the guy who started the thread has 140 posts

this has been a fact

I was referring to the dipshit asshat who duplicated the first post AND wrote first post. Dumb fucker.

Now I vote for 200.
Logged

otter

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 36
    • View Profile
Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2006, 05:50:09 pm »

What I find personally funny is the fact that I was just looking at a piece of music equipment called the Solo.  Maybe you plug the single fake ball into the XLR connector?

There's also something really hilarious about going up to three balls and then down to one, as if going up to three is a sign of conspicuous consumption, while going up to one shows that you're rich, but at least you have good taste (in attaching rubber testicles to your phone).
Logged
um

Biz Markizzle

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 73
    • View Profile
Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2006, 05:51:17 pm »

I think this strip is funny. And I like to think about all the gadgets to which we can attach testicles. Isn't Karl Lagerfeld a total iPod nut? So we could have iBalls or such as BluBalls for people with those dumb phone things. Or BlackBalls (BerryBalls?).

This train is leaving the station; please get on board.

Love
Biz  
Logged
Even my superficial raps are super official.

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2006, 06:26:56 pm »

I guess it's an example of irony that Ray is making and selling things that he would otherwise order from the Home Shopping Network during a drunken stupor, and be all Daaaang why did I order some junk for my cell phone, everyone knows I hate that the next day.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2006, 06:51:18 pm »

Perhaps Ray is attempting to compensate for something.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2006, 10:04:56 pm »

I am totally over nutsacks. Also, this thread is like my 'Nam. Chaos.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2006, 10:37:25 pm »

I guess it's an example of irony that Ray is making and selling things that he would otherwise order from the Home Shopping Network during a drunken stupor, and be all Daaaang why did I order some junk for my cell phone, everyone knows I hate that the next day.

I think the two are tied together.  Obviously people spend a lot of money on crap on Home Shopping Network.  Someone is making a killing off of it.  Why not the cat with a thong?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2013, 12:32:31 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2013, 04:28:56 pm »

Eureka! Life imitates art.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: ChatSacks - 13 January 2006
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2013, 04:36:02 pm »

Phoneballs, bottle openers, card that reads 'fuck*ng Love You'.

Is August shopping at the Man Store?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up