The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: yu-huang on January 14, 2006, 12:29:55 am
-
Be corteous, and I'll be double-corteous in return. That's all there is to it.
-
Good Day to you too sir. I do so believe in the golden rule.
~Paul
-
Sorry, Paul, I'm going to ruin everything now. I was going to post this in the other thread, but you locked it before I had a chance to post it.
YH: I'm pleased that you think I'm a damn fine motherfucker. Very "corteous" of you.
I call bullshit on the "bullying" thing. If you're getting modded and having comments deleted, it's probably because you're being a douche. So, to quote Ray, step aside and quit being a douche. As far as the lip service comment: this is a forum for people who dig on a comic strip about alive stuffed animals, for fuck's sake. Lip service to Jough doesn't pay in cash and/or kisses like lip service to someone like Jack Abramoff does. Jough can be a sarcastic prick sometimes. Toughen up. I did.
Actually, the Dr. Pepper thing is an excellent measure of the quality of your contributions to the board. It doesn't take much here to get a can, does it? If you're into minus double digits, maybe you'd like to pause for a moment and reflect on why that is. Maybe it's because you're pissing people off.
-
I call bullshit on the "bullying" thing. If you're getting modded and having comments deleted, it's probably because you're being a douche.
"Probably" won't do it, I'm afraid. You'll have to do your homework, if you're really willing to pipe in. I can provide links, if you care to read 'em.
-
This place isn't free.
It ain't a utopia.
And it sure as shit ain't Romper Room.
It's all full of humans, everyone of them unique and quirky. Most get along. A few don't. Very few have met in person.
If you think it's even POSSIBLE to be 'bullied' in a place you go to voluntarily by people you will probably never meet in person, I suggest you either stop presenting yourself for abuse or grow some glands. PReferably the dangling sort that go in the #####.
You do not have a right to online comfort, virtual hand-in-hand walks in the park, or anything else you think might add meaning to your virtual online lifestyle. IF that's what you want, wait 20 minutes and a free AOL disk should appear in your mailbox, slid under your door or in your next bag of groceries from the Safeway. Lots of overweight neglected housewives with many cats and angelfire home pages that play Midi files of "The Rose" are there to comfort you. Maybe you can draw them pictures of Ligers or catch them a delicious bass, Napoleon.
Careful with those Nunchakus, though.
Or just stick around here and understand that when you can't see someone's face you lack important cliues into their verbal intent. It's all the same to me but don't snivel about it.
Second time this week I have to tell someone:
Have some dignity.
-
ahahahahahahahaaa
heee heee heeeee
-
i want you to know i love you all very much
-
Wow. You even pissed off AlohaDawg, whose fuse is about five yards longer than mine. Nice work, yu-huang.
-
And I thought his post was in good faith.
~Paul
-
And yet, I just started a thread with a plea for mutual corteousness (something one would like to have both IRL and online, I would guess; we only have words to interact here, and they can be used to bully, yes, of course, if not from where the term "verbal assault" came, then?) Go figure.
(as for coming here voluntarily... I don't want to sound smug, but I have faith in you people; I always come back in good faith and people try to, er, "playfully kick" me ^^; But if you don't want me here, a quick PM will do the job real easy)
-
Oh.....my. What is going on here?
How does this sound- we've all gotten off on...wrong...feets? What? Anyway, yeah, now we have posted rules and all of that jazz. So, let's just all be like Fonzie and be cool. We can start our little internet judgements now, okay? Let's pretend we're allllll meeting for the first time. Now, if I'm a dick to you in, say, 20 minutes, you can say, "Hey, fucko, quit being a dick to me!", and vicey versey, but everything before this is getting retconned like Bat-Mite.
Hi! I'm Bozack! How are you?
-
And I thought his post was in good faith.
~Paul
AlohaDawg's post? All of his posts are in good faith, Paul. That's why I defended him in the first place from the "you're being tricked" comment in the other thread.
-
Isn't someone supposed to come in now and remind us not to feed the trolls?
-
Oh what the fuck? Why in the hell is the achewood thread filling up with fuck*ng retarded ass motherfuck*ng drama bullshit.
Alright newbie fucks, get a clue. I only registered back in fuck*ng September right? You see these Dr. Pepper cans motherfuckers? I earned these, you know how? By READING THE DAMN BOARD AND ITS ETIQUETTE BEFORE JIZZING MY ****** TO BE ALL COY.
Stop being pricks and maybe people won't be pricks to you.
Fuck, some people and their self-centered bullshit.
And of course now my DP will go down because some newb is going to sit there and take one away every hour but that's fine, this needed to be said.
-
And yet, I just started a thread with a plea for mutual corteousness (something one would like to have both IRL and online, I would guess) Go figure.
Oh. After starting a thread in which you dissed people left and right. Poor innocent you.
ETA: that's true Wombat. My bad.
-
Oh. After starting a thread in which you dissed people left and right. Poor innocent you.
Limmo, again: There were stuffs going on before that. What you saw was me reacting to a certain situation. I can be a bitch when annoyed, too, and isn't that only normal?
---
Hi, Bozack. I'm yu-huang, what is the haps? =)
-
Locked. We ain't going down this road. Jamie we need you.
~Paul
-
I'm going to go out on a limb here and declare this shitstorm officially over.
I don't know who was deleting your posts Yu-Huang. I didn't think it was cool and I hope it doesn't continue. I don't blame you for reacting poorly to that.
I meant what I said when I posted the sticky. I really did not want to have to be doing that kind of heavy handed moderating crap. It's never really been necessary before and I hope it isn't in the future. One of the huge appeals of this place is the congeniality and compatibility we have. I think that's why people have reacted so strongly to the first sign of strife.
Incidentally, the sticky was clearly not directed your way.
So this shit is now over and we're all going to play nice. I intend to lock this thread. If it keeps coming up I'll be sorely tempted to keep locking threads.
Play nice, dammit!
-
Thanks, Aug.
I stand by my opinion of both AOL and Angelfire pages, though.