Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: it's simple, really  (Read 3950 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

yu-huang

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • xy7htk
it's simple, really
« on: January 14, 2006, 12:29:55 am »

Be corteous, and I'll be double-corteous in return. That's all there is to it.
Logged
the ominous finger-pointing of street aggression

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: it's simple, really
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 12:39:46 am »

Good Day to you too sir.  I do so believe in the golden rule.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: it's simple, really
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 12:54:16 am »

Sorry, Paul, I'm going to ruin everything now.  I was going to post this in the other thread, but you locked it before I had a chance to post it.

YH: I'm pleased that you think I'm a damn fine motherfucker.  Very "corteous" of you.

I call bullshit on the "bullying" thing.  If you're getting modded and having comments deleted, it's probably because you're being a douche.  So, to quote Ray, step aside and quit being a douche.  As far as the lip service comment: this is a forum for people who dig on a comic strip about alive stuffed animals, for fuck's sake.  Lip service to Jough doesn't pay in cash and/or kisses like lip service to someone like Jack Abramoff does.   Jough can be a sarcastic prick sometimes.  Toughen up.  I did. 

Actually, the Dr. Pepper thing is an excellent measure of the quality of your contributions to the board.  It doesn't take much here to get a can, does it?  If you're into minus double digits, maybe you'd like to pause for a moment and reflect on why that is.  Maybe it's because you're pissing people off. 
Logged

yu-huang

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • xy7htk
Re: it's simple, really
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 01:03:01 am »

I call bullshit on the "bullying" thing.  If you're getting modded and having comments deleted, it's probably because you're being a douche.

"Probably" won't do it, I'm afraid. You'll have to do your homework, if you're really willing to pipe in. I can provide links, if you care to read 'em.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 01:07:11 am by yu-huang »
Logged
the ominous finger-pointing of street aggression

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: it's simple, really
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 01:16:44 am »

This place isn't free.
It ain't a utopia.
And it sure as shit ain't Romper Room.

It's all full of humans, everyone of them unique and quirky. Most get along. A few don't. Very few have met in person.

If you think it's even POSSIBLE to be 'bullied' in a place you go to voluntarily by people you will probably never meet in person, I suggest you either stop presenting yourself for abuse or grow some glands. PReferably the dangling sort that go in the #####.

You do not have a right to online comfort, virtual hand-in-hand walks in the park, or anything else you think might add meaning to your virtual online lifestyle.  IF that's what you want, wait 20 minutes and a free AOL disk should appear in your mailbox, slid under your door or in your next bag of groceries from the Safeway. Lots of overweight neglected housewives with many cats and angelfire home pages that play Midi files of "The Rose" are there to comfort you. Maybe you can draw them pictures of Ligers or catch them a delicious bass, Napoleon.
Careful with those Nunchakus, though.

Or just stick around here and understand that when you can't see someone's face you lack important cliues into their verbal intent. It's all the same to me but don't snivel about it.

Second time this week I have to tell someone:

Have some dignity.



« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 01:20:16 am by AlohaDawg »
Logged

theauthors

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 38
    • View Profile
Re: it's simple, really
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 01:23:12 am »

ahahahahahahahaaa

heee heee heeeee
Logged
"I thought about the Big Bang and thought whether it was really a big bang, or did it just sound louder since there was no other noise to drown it out?"

theauthors

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 38
    • View Profile
Re: it's simple, really
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 01:24:17 am »

i want you to know i love you all very much
Logged
"I thought about the Big Bang and thought whether it was really a big bang, or did it just sound louder since there was no other noise to drown it out?"

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: it's simple, really
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2006, 01:25:27 am »

Wow.  You even pissed off AlohaDawg, whose fuse is about five yards longer than mine.  Nice work, yu-huang.  

Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: it's simple, really
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2006, 01:27:59 am »

And I thought his post was in good faith.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

yu-huang

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • xy7htk
Re: it's simple, really
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2006, 01:29:43 am »

And yet, I just started a thread with a plea for mutual corteousness (something one would like to have both IRL and online, I would guess; we only have words to interact here, and they can be used to bully, yes, of course, if not from where the term "verbal assault" came, then?) Go figure.

(as for coming here voluntarily... I don't want to sound smug, but I have faith in you people; I always come back in good faith and people try to, er, "playfully kick" me ^^; But if you don't want me here, a quick PM will do the job real easy)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 01:36:59 am by yu-huang »
Logged
the ominous finger-pointing of street aggression

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: it's simple, really
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2006, 01:31:27 am »

Oh.....my. What is going on here?
How does this sound- we've all gotten off on...wrong...feets? What? Anyway, yeah, now we have posted rules and all of that jazz. So, let's just all be like Fonzie and be cool. We can start our little internet judgements now, okay? Let's pretend we're allllll meeting for the first time. Now, if I'm a dick to you in, say, 20 minutes, you can say, "Hey, fucko, quit being a dick to me!", and vicey versey, but everything before this is getting retconned like Bat-Mite.
Hi! I'm Bozack! How are you?

Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: it's simple, really
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2006, 01:31:43 am »

And I thought his post was in good faith.

~Paul

AlohaDawg's post?  All of his posts are in good faith, Paul.  That's why I defended him in the first place from the "you're being tricked" comment in the other thread.  
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: it's simple, really
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2006, 01:33:29 am »

Isn't someone supposed to come in now and remind us not to feed the trolls?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: it's simple, really
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2006, 01:33:47 am »

Oh what the fuck?  Why in the hell is the achewood thread filling up with fuck*ng retarded ass motherfuck*ng drama bullshit.

Alright newbie fucks, get a clue.  I only registered back in fuck*ng September right?  You see these Dr. Pepper cans motherfuckers?  I earned these, you know how?  By READING THE DAMN BOARD AND ITS ETIQUETTE BEFORE JIZZING MY ****** TO BE ALL COY.

Stop being pricks and maybe people won't be pricks to you.

Fuck, some people and their self-centered bullshit.



And of course now my DP will go down because some newb is going to sit there and take one away every hour but that's fine, this needed to be said.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 01:39:20 am by misterqueue »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: it's simple, really
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2006, 01:35:41 am »

And yet, I just started a thread with a plea for mutual corteousness (something one would like to have both IRL and online, I would guess) Go figure.

Oh.  After starting a thread in which you dissed people left and right.  Poor innocent you.

ETA: that's true Wombat.  My bad. 




Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up