The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Golfhaus on January 17, 2006, 01:58:50 am

Title: The Rayvor of Love
Post by: Golfhaus on January 17, 2006, 01:58:50 am
My SO has gotten hooked on The Flavor of Love (http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/flavor_of_love/series.jhtml), an unfortunate series in VH1's unfortunate Celebreality branding. But while I was watching it with her over dinner tonight, I had an epiphany: Ray Smuckles and Flavor Flav are the same person. I am convinced of this. In the episode we watched today, Flav took some of the girls to meet some old friends of his. They thought they were going to meet Chuck D and the boys, but instead he took them to a senior citizen's home and watched them from a TV in the limo to pick the one that treated the seniors the kindest for a one-on-one date that night. I can see Ray doing that sort of thing. The house is exactly like I picture Ray's to be. And they're both musicians.

Why I had to watch that damned show to come to this conclusion, I leave to the philosophers.
Title: Re: The Rayvor of Love
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 17, 2006, 01:47:26 pm
You may be on to something here.  I saw an extended preview for this show, about ten minutes in length, and it absolutely floored me.  "It's like the prom for hos," one contestant said.  Of course, that doesn't mean I've taken the time to actually watch the show, but if I was bored and channel-surfing and happen to hit on it, perhaps I would.
Title: Re: The Rayvor of Love
Post by: Roger on January 17, 2006, 05:40:07 pm
I never understood why Cornelius would be excited about meeting Flavor Flav. Blinking teeth and big clock necklaces, that's just nincompoopery.
Title: Re: The Rayvor of Love
Post by: miles on January 17, 2006, 06:30:50 pm
I never understood why Cornelius would be excited about meeting Falvor Flav. Blinking teeth and big clock necklaces, that's just nincompoopery.

It's early Achewood. Onstad hadn't quite figured shit out yet.
Title: Re: The Rayvor of Love
Post by: V-Adore on January 17, 2006, 07:03:09 pm
It's early Achewood. Onstad hadn't quite figured shit out yet.

Yeah, back then the characters didn't quite have differentiated personalities. It's not quite as bad as Cornelius and Philippe talking about masturbating to the FAO Schwarz catalog (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10032001), but it's up there.

Anyway, this begs for an arc where Ray uses a reality show to recruit a new girlfriend. Hey, if they could metrosexualize Beef, why not?
Title: Re: The Rayvor of Love
Post by: Thee on January 17, 2006, 07:29:24 pm
I never understood why Cornelius would be excited about meeting Flavor Flav. Blinking teeth and big clock necklaces, that's just nincompoopery.

Hey now, Fear of a Black Planet is an great album.

WELCOME TO THE TERROR-DOME
Title: Re: The Rayvor of Love
Post by: Roger on January 17, 2006, 07:59:37 pm
Hey now, Fear of a Black Planet is an great album.

WELCOME TO THE TERROR-DOME

Wait, Public Enemy is very much OK in my book. I was reading from Cornelius' book there. But then, early in the strip he didn't have a book yet.
He had a pince-nez, though. That says a lot about a dude's musical tastes.