Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Rayvor of Love  (Read 1800 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
The Rayvor of Love
« on: January 17, 2006, 01:58:50 am »

My SO has gotten hooked on The Flavor of Love, an unfortunate series in VH1's unfortunate Celebreality branding. But while I was watching it with her over dinner tonight, I had an epiphany: Ray Smuckles and Flavor Flav are the same person. I am convinced of this. In the episode we watched today, Flav took some of the girls to meet some old friends of his. They thought they were going to meet Chuck D and the boys, but instead he took them to a senior citizen's home and watched them from a TV in the limo to pick the one that treated the seniors the kindest for a one-on-one date that night. I can see Ray doing that sort of thing. The house is exactly like I picture Ray's to be. And they're both musicians.

Why I had to watch that damned show to come to this conclusion, I leave to the philosophers.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 03:42:57 pm by slink »
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: The Rayvor of Love
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 01:47:26 pm »

You may be on to something here.  I saw an extended preview for this show, about ten minutes in length, and it absolutely floored me.  "It's like the prom for hos," one contestant said.  Of course, that doesn't mean I've taken the time to actually watch the show, but if I was bored and channel-surfing and happen to hit on it, perhaps I would.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: The Rayvor of Love
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 05:40:07 pm »

I never understood why Cornelius would be excited about meeting Flavor Flav. Blinking teeth and big clock necklaces, that's just nincompoopery.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 06:34:12 pm by Roger »
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The Rayvor of Love
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 06:30:50 pm »

I never understood why Cornelius would be excited about meeting Falvor Flav. Blinking teeth and big clock necklaces, that's just nincompoopery.

It's early Achewood. Onstad hadn't quite figured shit out yet.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: The Rayvor of Love
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 07:03:09 pm »

It's early Achewood. Onstad hadn't quite figured shit out yet.

Yeah, back then the characters didn't quite have differentiated personalities. It's not quite as bad as Cornelius and Philippe talking about masturbating to the FAO Schwarz catalog, but it's up there.

Anyway, this begs for an arc where Ray uses a reality show to recruit a new girlfriend. Hey, if they could metrosexualize Beef, why not?
Logged

Thee

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 51
  • I adidas Rio
    • View Profile
    • New England Fashion Update!
Re: The Rayvor of Love
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 07:29:24 pm »

I never understood why Cornelius would be excited about meeting Flavor Flav. Blinking teeth and big clock necklaces, that's just nincompoopery.

Hey now, Fear of a Black Planet is an great album.

WELCOME TO THE TERROR-DOME
Logged
R U Passionate??

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: The Rayvor of Love
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 07:59:37 pm »

Hey now, Fear of a Black Planet is an great album.

WELCOME TO THE TERROR-DOME

Wait, Public Enemy is very much OK in my book. I was reading from Cornelius' book there. But then, early in the strip he didn't have a book yet.
He had a pince-nez, though. That says a lot about a dude's musical tastes.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Pages: [1]   Go Up