The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => 2005 Touambies => Topic started by: AlohaDawg on January 17, 2006, 02:19:22 am

Title: Award Presentation Thread: MIA but still in our hearts
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 17, 2006, 02:19:22 am
Away, but we still burn candles in the windows for our missing comrades.
Title: Re: Award Presentation Thread: MIA but still in our hearts
Post by: pmcd9 on February 13, 2006, 02:39:31 am
Thanks Cort.  Wow, that is one big cooter.  Let's hear it for Gina's pu$$y.  Cort, you forgot to mention that Gina is an actual person, the love interest of our Bozack.  Speaking of which, where is the little furry critter?

Well anyway, moving on...

Live messageboard awards shows are always messy.  He wasn't prepared for this, and he tried to stay behind the scenes, but we are dragging him out to present the MIA, but still in our hearts award.  Many favorite members just don't have the time to post like they used to.  We want to let them know that they are missed.  AlohaDawg, let go of that curtain and get out here and present this award...

~Paul
Title: Re: Award Presentation Thread: MIA but still in our hearts
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 13, 2006, 02:41:00 am
Like the sands through the hourglass, so go the days of our lives. And, like ships passing in the night our message board acquaintances, friends, and internet crushes pass through and, like frail flowers, are brilliant for a day.

Or some shit like that.

The MIA but still in our hearts categories exists to pay tribute to those who we grew to love, and yet they saw fit to break our hearts and crap all over our feelings by leaving with nary a goodbye.

The nominees are:



Nabubrush - the brilliant and insightful petroleum engineer from Alaska. We hardly knew ye, Nabu.


St. Zartan - the Cloistered Librarian, brilliant with the quip and pop-culture reference. Come away from the stacks and see us sometime!


Linnea    - once a frail flower, now toughened by life in the Yukon. Adventurer, Paramedic, City Planner, Firefighter and all around awesome. We need to hear more stories of life in the frozen north!

JLDunston - I can't say enough for our Message Board Den Mother. Torn from us by the demands of real motherhood, her firm but gentle rule left us all with a sense of needing more. Come back to us, Jamie.


Mite - An inner-city school teacher with a cynical yet loving view of education, Mite was with us for far too short a time. We miss you, Mite!

<><><><>


Who will win? Who do we miss the most?


The envelope please.....<crackle crinkle tear>



And the TOUAMBIE GOES TO:

St. Zartan!




Title: Re: Award Presentation Thread: MIA but still in our hearts
Post by: jough on February 13, 2006, 02:43:02 am
Congratulations to those who likely won't be around to post witty acceptance speeches.

Zart, you should return just to BLOW US ALL AWAY.
Title: Re: Award Presentation Thread: MIA but still in our hearts
Post by: AugustWest on February 13, 2006, 02:44:37 am
I want all of them to come back.
Title: Re: Award Presentation Thread: MIA but still in our hearts
Post by: side_show on February 13, 2006, 02:45:47 am
I would like to collectivly apologise on behalf of the entire message board for whatever we did to drive you away Zart.  If you're reading this, we are sorry, and we miss you.  Indeed your posts were works of art.
Title: Re: Award Presentation Thread: MIA but still in our hearts
Post by: misterqueue on February 13, 2006, 02:48:10 am
Zart, I was never around at the same time as you but I've read the entire board.  (Literally, I mean that.. there's something wrong with me.)

Anyway, my point is that there's something to be said when someone who didn't get to experience you live and in command MISSES YOUR DAMN POSTS.  Come back.
Title: Re: Award Presentation Thread: MIA but still in our hearts
Post by: miles on February 17, 2006, 04:57:28 am
I voted for Zart, but I have to say that I miss Nabu nearly as much, even though I never knew him well.  It's just that I found out last summer that Zart is a fellow deutschophile.  Also, Nabu hasn't posted in, like, six years.
Title: Re: Award Presentation Thread: MIA but still in our hearts
Post by: wombat on February 17, 2006, 12:12:55 pm
I just realized that what is hard about these awards, this one especially, is that there are people I like/miss as people and people I like/miss as writers.  On this list Zart is the one I miss most as a writer.

But what's weird about this is - I don't know any of these people as people.  I just know them from what they write.  So it's a funny distinction.
Title: Re: Award Presentation Thread: MIA but still in our hearts
Post by: Nabubrush on February 18, 2006, 04:19:34 am
You always liked Zart more then me - I hate you!


Anyway, thanks for thinking of me.
Title: Re: Award Presentation Thread: MIA but still in our hearts
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 18, 2006, 04:28:19 am
If you came back because you saw we miss you, then it worked.

Welcome back, Nabu.
Title: Re: Award Presentation Thread: MIA but still in our hearts
Post by: AugustWest on February 18, 2006, 05:00:02 am
Excellent!  It's Nabu!
Title: Re: Award Presentation Thread: MIA but still in our hearts
Post by: CortJstr on February 18, 2006, 08:32:15 am
w00t
Title: Re: Award Presentation Thread: MIA but still in our hearts
Post by: wombat on February 18, 2006, 01:12:21 pm
Nabu!  You're alive!

The hell with Zart, Nabu, please don't go away again.  Please?
Title: Re: Award Presentation Thread: MIA but still in our hearts
Post by: jough on February 18, 2006, 07:40:30 pm
Hey, look everybody, it's Nabu!

I think he went away just to be celebrated upon return.

Don't worry baby, we'll never underappreciate you again...
Title: Re: Award Presentation Thread: MIA but still in our hearts
Post by: miles on February 18, 2006, 08:01:31 pm
I'm magic.  I say his name, and he appears.
Title: Re: Award Presentation Thread: MIA but still in our hearts
Post by: jough on February 18, 2006, 08:02:18 pm
Dude, say "Mite" or "Linnea" or "St. Zartan" or "Satchel."

Yeah, remember Satchel?
Title: Re: Award Presentation Thread: MIA but still in our hearts
Post by: miles on February 18, 2006, 08:09:21 pm
Satchel may have been before my time?

And you can't force it, dude.
Title: Re: Award Presentation Thread: MIA but still in our hearts
Post by: Nabubrush on February 19, 2006, 04:35:01 am


Electronics Boutique

In Texas we get our electronics from a shack.

~Paul

all pulling weeds and roots out of abandoned Tandys
all picking through rotten mylar floppy disks
all tiptoeing over broken vacuum tubes
all weaving colorful capacitors and resistors into a small girl's hair
all hollowing out abandoned Speak and Spells to house homemade Geiger counters

Living in Texas is Serious Times, motherfuckers.

That's how it's done. Damn.