The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: littlefox on January 20, 2006, 03:02:21 am
-
Hello. I think this is the place where I put my FIRST POST OMG INTRODUCTION, which I've always felt to be unnecessary, but maybe it's helpful.
I've been reading this forum for a while, and I'm not really very interested in posting here because I'm just not that into forums. I do like reading, though, and also I wanted the option to search the forums, so that's why I registered. If I feel like it, I'll start posting, and I promise that I am not a retarded poster.
I am also the girl who dressed as Molly for the Achewood Halloween costume contest, but I didn't win. My picture is in the collage, though. And one of you said if I had showed more skin, I might've won. Person who said that: You are probably right and I factored that in, sort of. I wanted to do one of the nude scenes with Molly and Beef and find a place that looked like a shed and set the whole thing up with the mattress on the floor and stuff ... but I couldn't find a guy with the time to do that. Plus I didn't really have the time either, being a university student and not really having access to materials.
Next year, I'll plan ahead better and find something more interesting to be/do. I am excited so I hope Onstad does it again. It's hard because there aren't very many female characters in Achewood and most of the male characters are half-naked a lot, so it is sort of impossible to cross dress.
Anyway, see you guys around on the boards. It's been fun reading your comments and I'm glad to "join the ranks," even though right now I'm a n00b and must earn respect.
-
Uhh.. I don't think you have to worry too much about earning respect when discussing nude photos of yourself as Molly in your first post. I suspect this will fulfill a lot of furry fantasies around here. Just be happy I didn't make a pun on the word pussy and move on.
I suspect you'll do just fine.
Also, welcome.
-
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but, okay. I guess I look sort of like a slut right about now, but let me clarify that I would not bare myself for the camera. Nearly every scene with Molly and Beef depicts Molly with the covers tucked below her shoulders and covering her body, with Beef sitting on the side of the bed looking outward. I would probably secretly be wearing clothes under there, but no one would know, and I would have to appear naked for the purpose of the full picture. Anyway, I thought it was clear, but I guess it wasn't.
-
Woah woah woah, it was all in good fun.
I do not mean to cause a ruckus here. Welcome, for real. Relax. Seriously. :P
-
Hah. 'K.
I guess ANYBODY dressing up as an Imaginary Achewood Animal could encourage furry fantasies, though. I thought about that when I was doing it. It is always a little weird for a person to dress as a cat knowing that the image might be posted on the internet and fawned over in an altogether unintentional way. Yayyyyy!
-
Ahahah it is fun to see how many views there are on a post titled "unnecessary!"
-
Wow. She'd already been reading the forum for a while, which means she's already seen posts from you misterqueue and you still managed to creep out the new person. You sir have raised the bar for all of us.
Good show.
-
I would like to somewhat hijack this thread by suggesting that any male newbies should also feel free to curry favor by discussing nude photos of themselves, notwithstanding my statement in another thread that the twenty year olds are off limits for me. We're all about equal opportunity here.
-
Cort: I do what I can in the name of creepiness everywhere. I learn all the new techniques from creepy monthly. Ask me how you can too!
And yes everyone, womby deserves her some newbie manmeat. Feed her desires! Or whatever.
-
Um, CJ, where are you when we need you with a link to the thread with those photos?
-
I'll help (http://www.achewood.com/halloween05.php)
-
http://www.achewood.com/halloween05.php
-
Wow, you actually look like Molly.
-
I, uh, look like a cat?
Thanks! I think you mean my costume looks like her. I had to go out and buy those stockings and all. And put my hair in pigtails, etc. I would have dyed my hair red, even, but I'm glad I didn't bother 'cause I still wouldn't've won. I wasn't really sure how much effort others were going to put in.
-
Wow, you actually look like Molly.
Less furry, though.
-
I would have dyed my hair red, even, but I'm glad I didn't bother 'cause I still wouldn't've won.
But it was black and white . . .
-
I seem to remember red hair in a colored strip.
Edit: Oh, the photo. ME = IDIOT.
-
Well, if I had dyed my hair red, I would've left the photo in color. I decided to convert it to black and white because
1. The strip is PRIMARILY in black and white
2. I, well, DIDN'T bother to dye my hair red, so me in color looks far less like Molly. As I'm a blonde.
-
I didn't mean that you look like a cat. Your face looks like Molly's face.
-
Welcome, littlefox. You did an extremely good job in the costume contest -- better than all of those "thong and cat ears" Rays, definitely.
-
I wanted to do one of the nude scenes with Molly and Beef and find a place that looked like a shed and set the whole thing up with the mattress on the floor and stuff ... but I couldn't find a guy with the time to do that.
That's almost certainly untrue.
Also, i'm the one who said you would have won with more skin and I stand by that assessment.
~Paul
-
Yeah, if you showed a little more skin you probably would've won. The winner of that contest did not have a very good costume - certainly not enough to win a contest whose title is preceded by the word "costume."
Also, welcome to the board. Don't lurk just because mostly a few sick fucks post here.
-
Also, welcome to the board. Don't lurk just because mostly a few sick fucks post here.
Awww.. jough loves me; like in a prison kinda way. That's sweet.
-
This post has made me sad as I remember how many really funny and good costumes there were, and how a really not funny or good one was somehow named winner.
-
This post has made me sad as I remember how many really funny and good costumes there were, and how a really not funny or good one was somehow named winner.
See also (http://www.achewood.com/photocontest_results.php)
-
This post has made me sad as I remember how many really funny and good costumes there were, and how a really not funny or good one was somehow named winner.
Well, I don't really think my costume was that good, but the Lie Bot guy was excellent. Also, The L.I.N.C.O.L.N. guy. Oh well. We all know who deserved to win, and that's what's important.
Maybe Onstad should do the contest based on votes, except he never would because I don't even think he likes fans very much. Not in a bad way. Just in a reclusive oh-no-people way.
-
Well, he did a return a PM from me one time which had nothing to do with merchandise or the strip so I don't think he hates fans. I think he's mainly kind of self-conscious about the whole thing- I mean, it is probably absurd to go to your HS reunion or meet old freinds or worse, old relatives and explain that you draw cartoons in the internet for a living. Regardless of how good you are at it, that's gotta be occasionally tough. Then if they say "what is it" or "what is it about?" You say.....well, what do you say to your Aunt Mildred or the nice Nun who was your 5th grade art teacher?
Plus you got weirdos stalking you or your DOG on the internet. And/or in real lfe. So, yeah, what with a family and all I can see why he plays his cards pretty close to his vest. I don't think he's a sociopath, I think he's just ttying to live a normal lfe while simulatanoeusly writing and drawing funny things centering around a cat who wears a thoing, walks upright, and converses with alive stuffed animals.
-
Well he's always answered my email so he obviously thinks there is nothing wrong with stalking a dog on the internet. So there.
But seriously, you don't have to hate your fans to not want to run your contest by a vote. He just wants to choose his own scantily clad ladies. And hey, who wouldn't?
-
What got to me about the contest winner is how weirdly high-concept it was. Like... okay, so you made a dress out of newspapers and played a singing saw while sitting on the fender of a Volvo. Okay. Shine on, you crazy diamond, but that's not an Achewood costume. That's not even recreating an Achewood scenario. That's, at best, using Achewood leitmotifs, and I vastly preferred the people who did authentic costumes or replicated situations simply (like L.I.N.C.O.L.N., with his Blue Nun, or the guy with the pasted-up speech bubble).
-
Agreed. I totally thought at least two others were better. And the notorious L.I.N.C.O.L.N. was awesome.
-
I'm a little late to the party here, but welcome. My daughter's name is Madelynn. I doubt you spell it the same way (if in fact Maddie is a nickname at all) because my daughter's mother had to have it that way. It is my hope that one day she grows up to have the sense of humor to dress up like a cartoon cat to win a contest.
-
Nothing's stopping us from running our own costume contest, you know.
-
Nothing's stopping us from running our own costume contest, you know.
Besides the last shreds of our sanity and/or human decency, you mean?
-
I'm a little late to the party here, but welcome. My daughter's name is Madelynn. I doubt you spell it the same way (if in fact Maddie is a nickname at all) because my daughter's mother had to have it that way. It is my hope that one day she grows up to have the sense of humor to dress up like a cartoon cat to win a contest.
My full name is Madelyn and it's actually spelled Maddy, but I think Onstad just didn't remember how I spelled it in the e-mail I sent with it. I hate the spelling Madelyn because it's sort of ridiculous. My parents wanted my nickname to be Lynnie, but look, it's not. I've heard of my spelling before - rarely - but never with two n's. I guess I should appreciate that my name could be even MORE ridiculous.
-
Don't take it personal, O is a bad name-speller. In the photo contest results he spelled both ferociousJ's name (Jon) and my dog's name (Lilly)wrong till someone corrected him.
And as long as I'm the subject, J should totally have won that one.
-
Wombat, can I stalk your dog on the internet?
-
And as long as I'm the subject, J should totally have won that one.
Yeah, looking over it again, "I disqualified it because it was too good" just doesn't stop being total bullshit. I mean, look at that. YOU CAN SEE THE GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE IN THE BACKGROUND. Oh, Onstad, what does it take to move your heart?!
-
Wombat, can I stalk your dog on the internet?
You can stalk my dog anywhere you want, honey.
-
Wombat, can I stalk your dog on the internet?
Augie are you trying to have an internet affair with Wombat? Didn't Jough and my tussle over Side Show prove that to be a bad idea? Did we learn nothing from that?
~Paul
-
You're not the boss of me, Paul.
-
Paul, you know that making something forbidden will just make it more desirable, don't you?
-
My full name is Madelyn and it's actually spelled Maddy, but I think Onstad just didn't remember how I spelled it in the e-mail I sent with it. I hate the spelling Madelyn because it's sort of ridiculous. My parents wanted my nickname to be Lynnie, but look, it's not. I've heard of my spelling before - rarely - but never with two n's. I guess I should appreciate that my name could be even MORE ridiculous.
Her mother's middle name is Lynn, and wanted that to be reflected in there somewhere, much the same way as I've always said I wanted my first son's middle name to be Eric because my middle name is my dad's first name. I guess in the grand scheme of things, Madelyn(n) isn't a weird spelling of it. It's certainly more phonetic than Madeleine or any of the others.
The idea of parents naming someone in order to craft an easy nickname out of it is a goofy idea.
-
My grandfather and his brothers were named specifically to make nicknames impossible. His mother thought they were vulgar and disrespectful to the parents. Needless to say the aunts and uncles went out of their way to not use the kids real names.
-
I've always said I wanted my first son's middle name to be Eric because my middle name is my dad's first name.
Hello Eric.
~Paul
-
The idea of parents naming someone in order to craft an easy nickname out of it is a goofy idea.
Seriously. Is there any better way to make sure the kid decides that it will only be known by its Real Name by age five or so? Heaven knows it worked for me. (Of course, I also had the extra twee factor of my childhood nickname functioning as a portmanteau of my parents' first names, which was entirely unintentional but which all of my parents' friends thought was a "cute idea," much to my parents' eternal chagrin. Then again, getting into all the ways that my name has caused my parents eternal chagrin would take a while.)
-
They don't mind that I'm called Maddy (although they RARELY call me that, which is confusing for everyone else).
I remember I tried to get Lynnie started in middle school, but it didn't stick.
The thing about a nickname is that you can't really choose it yourself. You can try, and if it sticks, it sticks - but ultimately a nickname is everyone's decision but yours.
-
Yeah - the only nickname that ever really stuck with me was given to me by my senior year English teacher. Friends from those years are still known to call me by it.
As a joke, because I am one of the most Wonderbread white boys you can imagine, I listed my name on my locker at work as "Da E-Dawg" and that seems to have stuck amongst that set of friends.