The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: Hobo Frenzy on January 24, 2006, 10:33:04 pm

Title: America pulling it's troops...
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on January 24, 2006, 10:33:04 pm
...to mount an attack on the terrorist of Alberta, Canada.

or something like that

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/01/20/60minutes/main1225184.shtml
Title: Re: America pulling it's troops...
Post by: pmcd9 on January 25, 2006, 01:31:58 am
100,000 high paying jobs for the taking.  I don't think I can handle 40 below.  No, i'm sure I can't handle 40 below.

~Paul
Title: Re: America pulling it's troops...
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on January 25, 2006, 04:16:24 am
So apparently China is buying big portions of these Oil Sands...or just buy the end product. In any case I feel fine about this, it's the way business works. But I hear a lot of people getting all bitchy and worried about it. Like Canada owes us some oil or something.  ???
Title: Re: America pulling it's troops...
Post by: miles on January 25, 2006, 04:59:50 am
Uh, yeah they do.  We saved their asses in WWII and Vietnam.
Title: Re: America pulling it's troops...
Post by: Jeepers on January 25, 2006, 01:47:52 pm
There was talk about these oil sands on NPR the other day, apparently oil sand is cool. The only downfall that they mentioned is that in order to process the oil sands into a usable oil, they have to use an insane amount of natural gas as part of the specialized refining process. So now, we can all sit and wait for the natural gas shortage.
Title: Re: America pulling it's troops...
Post by: misterqueue on January 25, 2006, 01:53:07 pm
Me, I'm waiting for the Gin shortage.  This victory gin was getting a little old anyway.

Do remind me, are we at war with Eurasia or Eastasia now?
Title: Re: America pulling it's troops...
Post by: V-Adore on January 25, 2006, 05:30:45 pm
Me, I'm waiting for the Gin shortage.  This victory gin was getting a little old anyway.

Do remind me, are we at war with Eurasia or Eastasia now?

Wait, when were we ever at war with Eastasia? We've always been at war with Eurasia, dumbass.
Title: Re: America pulling it's troops...
Post by: misterqueue on January 25, 2006, 05:44:26 pm
Wait, when were we ever at war with Eastasia? We've always been at war with Eurasia, dumbass.

Shit, we'll have to hash this out later.  I gotta go, someone's at the doo-
Title: Re: America pulling it's troops...
Post by: miles on January 26, 2006, 05:54:40 am
I think of this article (http://www.theonion.com/content/node/34180) every time I hear something about US troops pulling out of somewhere.

I guess a funny joke could also be made about certain methods of birth control.
Title: Re: America pulling it's troops...
Post by: miles on January 26, 2006, 07:08:17 am
Shit, we'll have to hash this out later.  I gotta go, someone's at the doo-


I got your back (http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=476745), dogg.
Title: Re: America pulling it's troops...
Post by: jough on January 26, 2006, 02:22:37 pm
Shit, we'll have to hash this out later.  I gotta go, someone's at the doo-

If you were any kind of a man this would have been your last post here.
Title: Re: America pulling it's troops...
Post by: misterqueue on January 26, 2006, 02:39:22 pm
If you were any kind of a man this would have been your last post here.

You know, I actually considered that for a few hours, but then I realized I'd really just be making everyone happier by leaving and I don't want that. 
Title: Re: America pulling it's troops...
Post by: jough on January 26, 2006, 08:47:07 pm
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand a few cans for you, sir.
Title: Re: America pulling it's troops...
Post by: V-Adore on January 27, 2006, 12:14:22 am
Yeah, a can to you for that. Bravo, sir. Bravo.
Title: Re: America pulling it's troops...
Post by: pmcd9 on January 27, 2006, 12:25:54 am
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand a few cans for you, sir.

I love how Jough doesn't seem to be constricted by the one can per hour law.  I said I really love that Jough.  You da man.

~Paul