The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: mudokon on February 03, 2006, 07:40:18 am

Title: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VELDT'S HEAD
Post by: mudokon on February 03, 2006, 07:40:18 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02032006 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02032006)

This is one of the funniest Achewood comics I've ever seen. Those last three panels are just great. Some real Riki-Oh calibre material.

Almost makes up for the fact that we only got three comics this week.
Title: Re: February 03 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: MattFish on February 03, 2006, 07:43:59 am
FUCK YOU FOR BEING FIRST. FUCK YOU, FRIDAY.

Dear lord is that ever violent. Ripping off a dude's entire middle?
Title: Re: February 03 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: mrchee on February 03, 2006, 07:49:10 am
FUCK YOU FOR BEING FIRST. FUCK YOU, FRIDAY.

Dear lord is that ever violent. Ripping off a dude's entire middle?

This comic ranks high in the "disturbing" department.  I would say it is above the SaniTaco Nugget Magazine story but below the Super Secret Ice Cream Store sequence.

SANITACO WAS THE GREATEST SINGLE IDEA IN ACHEWOOD HISTORY.  ONE DAY YOU WILL ALL SEE THE  TRUTH, BUT IT WILL BE TOO LATE TO REPENT
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: jough on February 03, 2006, 08:00:16 am
He was like the Thomas Edison of handing a dude his ass!

Oh man, how I will look forward to throwing that little nugget into a conversation today.

I'll leave wombat to interject that that line should have been the topic.

Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: melack on February 03, 2006, 08:26:22 am
I do believe that the Thomas Edison line would have made a great title, as well as "is that sass in the main" even though I have no idea what it means.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: robot_god on February 03, 2006, 08:54:34 am
Heavenly.

This strip is ledgendary because no one even said it could be done.  That's what innovators do, just they blow your mind, you're not even sure if it really happened.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: LCB on February 03, 2006, 09:04:24 am
Well, some really, really disturbing imagery.

Of course Roast Beef is a follower of the GOF, probably has all the stat charts memorized.

and I like his reply to Ray's offer of roadiehood. "Oh neccessarily" He must do this, he must help one with the champion's blood fulfill his destiny, even if said destiny willl probably involve Ray's head being torn right off his neck.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: misterqueue on February 03, 2006, 11:06:58 am
"Attention Workers, it has been 127.." is clearly my favorite.  Notice he doesn't say "Attention Shoppers we have a deal on utter stupidity in aisle 9."  No, it's some generic "Worker" at a plant concerned with OSHA.

I will be using this in conversation today and it will not be pretty.  I can assure you of that.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: wombat on February 03, 2006, 11:49:26 am
He was like the Thomas Edison of handing a dude his ass!

Oh man, how I will look forward to throwing that little nugget into a conversation today.

I'll leave wombat to interject that that line should have been the topic.

Yes, it should have. *sigh*
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: theinevitable on February 03, 2006, 12:25:56 pm
OH MY GOD
I am so scared. I am so scared of fighting now.

I gasped, a little, when I saw that bottle. no one said it could be done.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: Doc on February 03, 2006, 12:30:09 pm
Wow. The GOF is way more intense than I first assumed, I figured that most people actually lived.
'Oh, necessarily' is poetry.

Oh and thanks to *****_God for clearing that phrase up for me, it was confusing me that he didn't do the more expected 'they all said it couldn't be done' but you're right, they hadn't even *thought* of doing it.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: wombat on February 03, 2006, 01:01:29 pm
"Attention Workers, it has been 127.." is clearly my favorite.  Notice he doesn't say "Attention Shoppers we have a deal on utter stupidity in aisle 9."  No, it's some generic "Worker" at a plant concerned with OSHA.

I will be using this in conversation today and it will not be pretty.  I can assure you of that.

I wish I had had this line in my repertoire to use at my last job.  Although the number would have been way smaller.

Off topic: I had a werid TOUAMB moment this morning.  I saw a car with one of those ribbon bumper stickers on it that I was sure said Fight Isosceles.  But when I got closer it said Fight Diabetes.  Hey!  Does the Great Outdoor Fight sell bumper stickers?
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: pmcd9 on February 03, 2006, 01:04:32 pm
Hey!  Does the Great Outdoor Fight sell bumper stickers?

Oh they should.

I wonder if Onstad realizes what a brilliant money making idea he's hit upon.  Probably not or he would have registered the greatoutdoorfight web name himself.

~Paul
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: V-Adore on February 03, 2006, 01:08:34 pm
I thought "attention Workers..." won, too, but there's so much win here it's not even funny. I can see why this one took an extra day to produce, because daaamn, that is a loving depiction of violence being rendered to cartoon cats. And of Beef's sudden revelation about Ray's father. (I like how everyone has an encyclopedic knowledge of the Great Outdoor Fight, too.)

New bet on end of storyline: Beef comes along and ends up somehow inadvertently winning the GOF.

EDIT: Oh, man, I just looked at the strip again, and Fancy Mark Clancy is wearing the Chochaco medal. What a bloody legacy Ray's bling-bling has!
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: trouserbat on February 03, 2006, 01:47:19 pm
Wow, so quotable, so many little details in this one, and that is some disturbing imagery there. I'm pretty sure I would have the same expression If I had a beer bottle thrown through my head, too.

But oddly enough, the part that really makes this one for me is the double-equals in "Rodney Leonard Stubbs == Ramses Luther Smuckles". Because a single-equals is assignment, and that'd be a bug!
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: Golfhaus on February 03, 2006, 01:53:27 pm
Yeah, I think the picture of the bottle going through Carl's head is the most disturbing single image I've seen on Achewood. The strip where Cartilage Head broke his face may have more going for it throughout the whole strip, but on a image-by-image basis, Carl's formerly whole head wins.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: acoxcae on February 03, 2006, 01:55:02 pm
This strip is basically like treasure.  The "127 days" line is the clear winner, but pretty much every frame has some manner of redeeming qualities and whatnot.  Plus, the fact that everyone knows who Rodney Leonard Stubbs is, and knows his exploits in (extremely) graphic detail is awesome.

But now I'm concerned - DOES THIS MEAN ROLLERSKATES FOR RAY?
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: drew on February 03, 2006, 01:57:31 pm
a) Can "Fancy Matt Clancy's Torn Middle" or "Carl Veldt's Bottle Punctured Head" be made into user titles (a la Mom-moms weepin' eye)?

If so

b)Can it be mine?
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: Decay on February 03, 2006, 01:59:49 pm
I like how Beef envisions the exact same publicity photo of Stubbs that we've seen, implying that there is only one photo of Rodney Leonard Stubbs.

You cannot take pictures of the Man with Blood on his Hands. The last guy to do it was bodily inverted and shoved into his camera. The dude has got no mercy.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: CortJstr on February 03, 2006, 02:07:26 pm
It was an assignement. In his head Beef was updating the Stubbs variable with new information.

I can't believe he used such a small number in the workers line either. Beef spends a lot of time with Ray and he must have some some stupid shit less than 127 days ago. Probably a lot of stuff that didn't even make it into the strip.

Beef clutching his hands to his chest is a great moment, btw.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: Biz Markizzle on February 03, 2006, 02:15:31 pm
Holy shit is this strip good. Just when you think it is another very funny but basic exchange between Beef and Ray...you are rocked right in the part of your brain where humor and horror meet by a dude getting a bottle thrown through his skull.

A small thing I like is how Beef says "no one said it could be done" rather than the more traditional "they said it couldn't be done." It hadn't even occurred to people to comment on whether a dude's middle could get torn out.

Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: acoxcae on February 03, 2006, 02:16:13 pm
I don't want to get into a whole thing about it, but that is clearly not an assignment. == is a test for equality, and after that operation returned true, Beef realized.

I don't know of any language that uses == for assignment, and I think Onstad probably knows what's up.

I'm sorry, I'm trying to use all my CS abilities before they leave my head upon graduation.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - oh necessarily
Post by: Lister on February 03, 2006, 02:19:52 pm
The alt text says Carl was disqualified.  Was this for not having most of a head?

I wonder if 1973 is considered the dawn of modern brawling, like the shot clock heralded the dawn of modern basketball.  "Envelope Martinez displayed the finest elbow-and-knee work of the Stubbs era."

So is this the last we get to hear about The 'Lope, anyway?  Do we just assume he called and said he lost the fight?
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 03, 2006, 02:20:21 pm
I am stunned that no one has calculated what strip was up 127 days ago and if Ray said something stupid in it.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: misterqueue on February 03, 2006, 02:36:56 pm
I am stunned that no one has calculated what strip was up 127 days ago and if Ray said something stupid in it.

127 Days ago was Oct 2, 2005;  hence no strip.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: wombat on February 03, 2006, 02:51:27 pm
a) Can "Fancy Matt Clancy's Torn Middle" or "Carl Veldt's Bottle Punctured Head" be made into user titles (a la Mom-moms weepin' eye)?

If so

b)Can it be mine?

Jough will give you any title you want in exchange for cold hard cash.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: Emergent_C on February 03, 2006, 03:10:15 pm
Many thanks to V-Adore for pointing out the provenance of the Chocacho medal. That is truly horrifying.

So it's not just a matter of punching a bunch of dudes out. Ray is seriously intent on murdering a whole hell of a lot of cats for sport. Heavy times, bro.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: V-Adore on February 03, 2006, 03:25:47 pm
So it's not just a matter of punching a bunch of dudes out. Ray is seriously intent on murdering a whole hell of a lot of cats for sport. Heavy times, bro.

To be fair, it's not made clear whether you have to kill your opponent, although it clearly appears to be an option. It may be that most contestants just go for the KO, but R. L. Stubbs/Smuckles clearly rolled another way.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: Beatrice on February 03, 2006, 03:29:12 pm
"Oh necessarily"  is my favorite.


but so is being sass in the main.  i love doing that.



ALSO:  hello everyone!  i have not been here in 3 years.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: Turbo Ninja on February 03, 2006, 04:09:43 pm
So much subtlety all up ins.

The medallion, the ==, Beef's imagination, Beef's turns of phrase...

I think I have to sit down for a second in a place where I can't see my monitor because today's cartoon about talking cats threatens to distract me for two hours.  I want to just gaze at it ponderously like a magpie would a pile of quarters.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: Biz Markizzle on February 03, 2006, 04:15:46 pm
ALSO:  hello everyone!  i have not been here in 3 years.

If I had not posted in 3 years, this is probably the strip that would have brought me back, as well.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: jough on February 03, 2006, 04:21:17 pm
Drew - drop $20 in the tip jar and I'll make your custom title anything you damn want.

Beatrice - welcome back, dear.  I will expect more from you, because quite frankly thus far you have not lived up to your potential.

Wombat - Damn right that was the most appropriate title.

Everyone who mentioned it - I didn't even notice the double equals sign, but that is yet another nice detail of this strip.

There is much goodness just PACKED into this one.  Just about every panel has something funny in it.

I don't know if Onstad's hitting the sauce heavier or laying off of it so his baby doesn't have to cry, but whatever he's doing I hope nothing happens to break this run of quality free entertainment.  That's how we like our entertainment around here.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 03, 2006, 04:59:55 pm
New bet on end of storyline: Beef comes along and ends up somehow inadvertently winning the GOF.

I'd be more willing to believe Beef gets killed in the GOF. Perhaps this leads into him finding out the story of Molly Sanders.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 03, 2006, 05:00:36 pm

But oddly enough, the part that really makes this one for me is the double-equals in "Rodney Leonard Stubbs == Ramses Luther Smuckles". Because a single-equals is assignment, and that'd be a bug!

One of the rare treasures of this strip.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 03, 2006, 05:04:17 pm
I don't want to have to go research about Hugenots and what not, but if the Smuckles are of French descent, isn't "Luther" a bit of an inappropriate name?
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: Golfhaus on February 03, 2006, 05:28:26 pm
His mom is probably the one with Frog blood in her.

I'd bet Dad is Cockney. Or Irish.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: Hobot on February 03, 2006, 05:52:17 pm
Hey!  Does the Great Outdoor Fight sell bumper stickers?

MY OTHER CAR IS YOUR DISMEMBERED CORPSE

"Attention Workers, it has been 127.." is clearly my favorite.  Notice he doesn't say "Attention Shoppers we have a deal on utter stupidity in aisle 9."  No, it's some generic "Worker" at a plant concerned with OSHA.

Perhaps he has been influenced by Philippe's recent adoption of "communism."

I don't want to get into a whole thing about it, but that is clearly not an assignment. == is a test for equality, and after that operation returned true, Beef realized.

I don't know of any language that uses == for assignment, and I think Onstad probably knows what's up.

I'm sorry, I'm trying to use all my CS abilities before they leave my head upon graduation.

Oh, is it a computer thing? Now it makes sense AND makes me laugh.

The alt text says Carl was disqualified.  Was this for not having most of a head?

I thought "DQ" stood for "Dairy Queen."  "Disqualified" is probably better.

I don't want to have to go research about Hugenots and what not, but if the Smuckles are of French descent, isn't "Luther" a bit of an inappropriate name?

It would be worse if his family was Catholic, like most of the French population.  At least Luther and Huguenots have Protestantism in common.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: Roger on February 03, 2006, 06:02:22 pm
This strip is one hell of a case study for anyone out there who's still crusading for the Power of the E-Comic, or somesuch whatnot. For at a first glimpse, today's strip promised yet another serving of Ray 'n' Beef banter, but a quick roll of the scrollbar was all that separated me from that glorious display of BLOOD AND GORE.

If I was reading that on a newspaper or magazine my eyes would be immediately drawn toward the butchery.

Speaking of it, is this the first occurrence of The Old Ultraviolence in Achewood?
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: CortJstr on February 03, 2006, 06:10:47 pm
Well Ray ripped his own head off but that was clearly more "cartoony." In terms of realism or being slightly disturbing I'd say the closest we've seen was Cartilage Head.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: AugustWest on February 03, 2006, 06:17:17 pm
MY OTHER CAR IS YOUR DISMEMBERED CORPSE

A tiny can for you, m'dear!
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: Golfhaus on February 03, 2006, 06:22:55 pm
Just as an aside... what does Beef mean by "a Sobriquet Rouge?"
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 03, 2006, 06:27:21 pm
Just as an aside... what does Beef mean by "a Sobriquet Rouge?"

"red nickname"... a nickname that carries with it the stigma (pun not intended) of blood...
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: Bozack on February 03, 2006, 06:30:25 pm
ALSO:  hello everyone!  i have not been here in 3 years.

BE A TRICE!!!
How is your a-part-ment!

(I sang that)
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: thedudeabides85 on February 03, 2006, 07:17:29 pm
Well Ray ripped his own head off but that was clearly more "cartoony." In terms of realism or being slightly disturbing I'd say the closest we've seen was Cartilage Head.

I think the depiction of Ray's junk in the John and Deanster April Fools strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04012004) was as gritty and real as Achewood gets, like an episode of NYPD Blue.

As an aside, does the junk break down solely into the pepper and rad chilies or does it also account for the surrounding pubics?  I really need to know, I'm studying for a test!

- Alex
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: Ben-San on February 03, 2006, 07:55:45 pm
An awesome strip and I can't say much about it except that the dude's name is Carl Veldt, not Carl Veidt like in the topic.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: wombat on February 03, 2006, 08:07:59 pm

Wombat - Damn right that was the most appropriate title.


Thank you for your support.  Because you know, every time I comment on the thread title, a tiny can dies.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: V-Adore on February 03, 2006, 08:10:16 pm
Thank you for your support.  Because you know, every time I comment on the thread title, a tiny can dies.

Please, think of the tiny cans. (But only post in the designated thread in People & Places, or the wrath of the can-haters shall be upon you!)
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: melack on February 03, 2006, 08:20:04 pm
Tiny cans of Dr Pepper never die, they only go to Tiny Dr Pepper Heaven.

(But the bad ones are reincarnated as Mr Pibb)
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: sensate on February 03, 2006, 09:23:04 pm
"...scientists are still figuring it out" ...sublime.

Why?

6 words gets you:

1) That the GOF transcends the realm of mere sports

2) That Stubbs' 1973 GOF performance was so incredible that scarce resources are being directed, 33 years later, to understanding it.

3) That there's an element of divinity to Stubbs' -- until it's explained, he basically performed a miracle of murder

Hell, the bottle was *still* spiralling perfectly as it exited Veldt's head.

Also, anyone think the medallion might have been a Fancy Mark Clancy trophy?
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: Emergent_C on February 03, 2006, 09:31:58 pm
Also, anyone think the medallion might have been a Fancy Mark Clancy trophy?

Dude, I felt the need to pass a tiny can over to you for #s 1-3, but the fact that you ignored V-Adore's observation of this very thing, followed by my own comment on it...basically gave me depression.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: sensate on February 03, 2006, 10:15:05 pm
Sorry. I got through about half of the posts, and inspiration struck and I didn't want to forget it. Inspiration is like Teodor's risotto; when it's hot it's amazing, but after it cools, it's just a blob of crap.

My sincerests.

Edit: Oh man, I just went back to find the original reference--I was reading too fast and interpreted V's post to read that Stubbs had been wearing the medallion (as pictured) during the fight. My subconscious must have really been kicking me to notice the mistake...
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VELDT'S HEAD
Post by: arkabee on February 03, 2006, 10:48:43 pm
the standard of perfection as applied to webcomics has been met.

good day.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
Post by: pmcd9 on February 04, 2006, 05:29:59 am
Off topic: I had a werid TOUAMB moment this morning.  I saw a car with one of those ribbon bumper stickers on it that I was sure said Fight Isosceles.  But when I got closer it said Fight Diabetes.  Hey!

Please pay a visit to the optomitrist.  For our sake.

~Paul
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VELDT'S HEAD
Post by: wombat on February 04, 2006, 01:15:49 pm
Maybe I do need my prescription adjusted.  I keep reading that Beatles thread title as "Parking Music" until this morning when I thought it said "Spanking Music."
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VELDT'S HEAD
Post by: Hobot on February 04, 2006, 11:41:32 pm
Maybe I do need my prescription adjusted.  I keep reading that Beatles thread title as "Parking Music" until this morning when I thought it said "Spanking Music."

It's interesting that you get one word correct in each of the two instances you've mentioned ("Fight" and "Music").
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VELDT'S HEAD
Post by: antioch on February 05, 2006, 01:59:17 am
It's interesting that you get one word correct in each of the two instances you've mentioned ("Fight" and "Music").

*Puts on Street Fighting Man*

 Let's see some crisp spirals, folks!
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VELDT'S HEAD
Post by: wombat on February 05, 2006, 02:28:04 am
It's interesting that you get one word correct in each of the two instances you've mentioned ("Fight" and "Music").

I wouldn't give me much credit for 'music.'  I'm not sure there are any English words that differ from it by only one letter, although  I am too tired to figure out how to answer that question efficiently right now.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VELDT'S HEAD
Post by: Limmo on February 05, 2006, 03:12:54 am
I wouldn't give me much credit for 'music.'  I'm not sure there are any English words that differ from it by only one letter, although  I am too tired to figure out how to answer that question efficiently right now.

mutic
a. Zoology, lacking normal defensive parts, as claws, etc. muticous, a. lacking a point.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VELDT'S HEAD
Post by: Unkempt on February 05, 2006, 11:52:15 am
(http://homepage.ntlworld.com/patsheehan/spiral1.gif)
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VELDT'S HEAD
Post by: Golfhaus on February 05, 2006, 12:01:11 pm
(http://homepage.ntlworld.com/patsheehan/spiral1.gif)

SWEET MERCY JESUS.

Unkempt, allow me to be the first to give you a tiny can of Dr Pepper.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VELDT'S HEAD
Post by: misterqueue on February 05, 2006, 12:01:53 pm
Yes yes.. I approve of this.  Highly.  Best First Post EVER!
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VELDT'S HEAD
Post by: Doc on February 05, 2006, 01:42:24 pm
Unkempt please allow me to sacrifice my tiny humble can at the alter of your wonderfulness.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VELDT'S HEAD
Post by: jough on February 05, 2006, 03:18:23 pm
Unkempt gets drinks bought for him all night!

Now the AvatarWatch commences.   Let's see who steals your anigif first.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VELDT'S HEAD
Post by: V-Adore on February 05, 2006, 07:01:40 pm
Holy crap, Unkempt. Could the "Best Newbie of 2006" award already be taken home?
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VELDT'S HEAD
Post by: lprkn on February 05, 2006, 07:06:01 pm
That avatar only belongs to one person. It would be stone-cold dick of someone to appropriate it for their own, asshatted use.
Title: Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VELDT'S HEAD
Post by: acoxcae on February 06, 2006, 12:54:13 am
But I covet it SO MUCH.

The coveting cannot be stopped.  Just take your tiny can and leave before you reveal yourself to not be a mysterious angel of the internet - just learn from George Costanza, and go out on a high note.  Always leave 'em wanting more.

No, seriously, if your prose is as good as your animation stylezz, then welcome, and we hope to see you here frequently.