Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VELDT'S HEAD  (Read 16557 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2006, 08:07:59 pm »


Wombat - Damn right that was the most appropriate title.


Thank you for your support.  Because you know, every time I comment on the thread title, a tiny can dies.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2006, 08:10:16 pm »

Thank you for your support.  Because you know, every time I comment on the thread title, a tiny can dies.

Please, think of the tiny cans. (But only post in the designated thread in People & Places, or the wrath of the can-haters shall be upon you!)
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2006, 08:20:04 pm »

Tiny cans of Dr Pepper never die, they only go to Tiny Dr Pepper Heaven.

(But the bad ones are reincarnated as Mr Pibb)

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2006, 09:23:04 pm »

"...scientists are still figuring it out" ...sublime.

Why?

6 words gets you:

1) That the GOF transcends the realm of mere sports

2) That Stubbs' 1973 GOF performance was so incredible that scarce resources are being directed, 33 years later, to understanding it.

3) That there's an element of divinity to Stubbs' -- until it's explained, he basically performed a miracle of murder

Hell, the bottle was *still* spiralling perfectly as it exited Veldt's head.

Also, anyone think the medallion might have been a Fancy Mark Clancy trophy?
Logged

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2006, 09:31:58 pm »

Also, anyone think the medallion might have been a Fancy Mark Clancy trophy?

Dude, I felt the need to pass a tiny can over to you for #s 1-3, but the fact that you ignored V-Adore's observation of this very thing, followed by my own comment on it...basically gave me depression.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2006, 10:15:05 pm »

Sorry. I got through about half of the posts, and inspiration struck and I didn't want to forget it. Inspiration is like Teodor's risotto; when it's hot it's amazing, but after it cools, it's just a blob of crap.

My sincerests.

Edit: Oh man, I just went back to find the original reference--I was reading too fast and interpreted V's post to read that Stubbs had been wearing the medallion (as pictured) during the fight. My subconscious must have really been kicking me to notice the mistake...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 10:18:11 pm by sensate »
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VELDT'S HEAD
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2006, 10:48:43 pm »

the standard of perfection as applied to webcomics has been met.

good day.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VEIDT'S HEAD
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2006, 05:29:59 am »

Off topic: I had a werid TOUAMB moment this morning.  I saw a car with one of those ribbon bumper stickers on it that I was sure said Fight Isosceles.  But when I got closer it said Fight Diabetes.  Hey!

Please pay a visit to the optomitrist.  For our sake.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VELDT'S HEAD
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2006, 01:15:49 pm »

Maybe I do need my prescription adjusted.  I keep reading that Beatles thread title as "Parking Music" until this morning when I thought it said "Spanking Music."
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VELDT'S HEAD
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2006, 11:41:32 pm »

Maybe I do need my prescription adjusted.  I keep reading that Beatles thread title as "Parking Music" until this morning when I thought it said "Spanking Music."

It's interesting that you get one word correct in each of the two instances you've mentioned ("Fight" and "Music").
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VELDT'S HEAD
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2006, 01:59:17 am »

It's interesting that you get one word correct in each of the two instances you've mentioned ("Fight" and "Music").

*Puts on Street Fighting Man*

 Let's see some crisp spirals, folks!
Logged
I am older now.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VELDT'S HEAD
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2006, 02:28:04 am »

It's interesting that you get one word correct in each of the two instances you've mentioned ("Fight" and "Music").

I wouldn't give me much credit for 'music.'  I'm not sure there are any English words that differ from it by only one letter, although  I am too tired to figure out how to answer that question efficiently right now.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VELDT'S HEAD
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2006, 03:12:54 am »

I wouldn't give me much credit for 'music.'  I'm not sure there are any English words that differ from it by only one letter, although  I am too tired to figure out how to answer that question efficiently right now.

mutic
a. Zoology, lacking normal defensive parts, as claws, etc. muticous, a. lacking a point.
Logged

Unkempt

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VELDT'S HEAD
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2006, 11:52:15 am »

Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 03 February 2006 - THREW A BEER THROUGH CARL VELDT'S HEAD
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2006, 12:01:11 pm »



SWEET MERCY JESUS.

Unkempt, allow me to be the first to give you a tiny can of Dr Pepper.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up