The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: StopAreClosed on February 16, 2006, 09:34:01 am

Title: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: StopAreClosed on February 16, 2006, 09:34:01 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02162006 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02162006)

Well, it appears that Ray can kick more ass that I would have expected, and Beef's plan is proceeding just as he designed it. Does this mean that we'll meet Sound and Motion tomorrow?

I like the way the Latino Health Crisis is watching from afar, amazed to see BOC in action, a dream coming true if you will.
Title: February 16, 2006 - I'M GONNA TEAR OFF YOUR LEGS AND PISS UP THE STUMPS!
Post by: thedudeabides85 on February 16, 2006, 09:35:48 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02162006 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02162006)

The part of Ray played by Keanu Reeves in a hat.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: L.J. Anonymous on February 16, 2006, 10:38:07 am
Suppose the dude who was mooning everybody in the collage was the sound and motion guy trying out one of his new age techniques early on?

I can't get over Ray's hisssssssssssssss either ... between his on-going debauchery and Beef's "circumstances" rarely do they act anything like cats ... so yea; hisss
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: Tangle on February 16, 2006, 10:47:29 am
I like the way the Latino Health Crisis is watching from afar, amazed to see BOC in action, a dream coming true if you will.
The hell, that ain't Latino Health Crisis. That's the fat duder with the disturbing bulge.

I finally had to register because of the awesomeness that is this story arc. 'lo all.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: Drygioni on February 16, 2006, 12:34:41 pm
Woah, nice moves from Ray there. I'm kind of sad that Perfect Ron is leaving the strip so quickly; he is obviously a very tolerant, kind husband who would do anything to protect his wife's honour, despite the credit card debt. In this day and age, Ron is an example to us all.

And kudos to Onstad for not yet taking a break this week. He's really pulling out all the stops for us, you could see the effort going into drawing Ray in that fifth panel.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: misterqueue on February 16, 2006, 12:48:27 pm
WTF?  Is this newbie hour?  Jebus H. Fuckjockey... I just.. I don't even know anymore.


Right then... 

I assume that Perfect Ron was DQ'd because he asked for help for his busted ass arm.  So what, they just pull out a combine or somesuch to drag this poor saps out of the arena I guess?

That entire idea is basically like treasure.

"HELP ME!" *SCHLOOOORP*  (Well you try and make a scooping up a cat sound, it ain't easy brutha)

See also, hissing Ray.  I love hissing Ray.  If I ever accidentally reproduce, I'm naming the kid Hissing Ray, even if it's a girl.

And wtf is with that hat?  Serious.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: V-Adore on February 16, 2006, 12:50:54 pm
Daaaaang, yo. The panel of Ray in a cat pose, hissing, just wins everything. It's so easy to forget that we're actually looking at anthropomorphosized animals, given the degree to which they're normally anthropomorphic, so panels like this have a particularly strong effect. Rad. Also, Ray's moves are smoother than I expected; I guess Tim Simmons is still The Dude Who Has Got No Mercy after all.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: V-Adore on February 16, 2006, 12:52:33 pm
WTF?  Is this newbie hour?  Jebus H. Fuckjockey... I just.. I don't even know anymore.

Hey, now, careful there. Even if some of us have a third of your cans (for reasons unknown), we still remember when you wore the Scrambles the Dog moniker, Queue. Don't be steppin'.

Quote
See also, hissing Ray.  I love hissing Ray.  If I ever accidentally reproduce, I'm naming the kid Hissing Ray, even if it's a girl.

Hissing Ray Queue would be a fantastic GOF name, you realize.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: misterqueue on February 16, 2006, 12:54:03 pm
Hey, now, careful there. Even if some of us have a third of your cans (for reasons unknown), we still remember when you wore the Scrambles the Dog moniker, Queue. Don't be steppin'.

Hissing Ray Queue would be a fantastic GOF name, you realize.

Look, I'm not saying they should go away, but man oh man that was a lot of newbie for me to take first thing in the morn y'know?  (To be fair, none of the posts were crap dude posts so good on them for that.)

Hissing Ray is waaay better than Son of Rodney.  I think you have a point there.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: Mr. Gary on February 16, 2006, 01:05:09 pm
Agreeing with everyone, Hissing Ray is amazing.

His execution of the punch is what I really like, though. All ducking under Sipes' punch, all leaping through the air to deliver the killing blow in Bloodsport fashion (backwards). Ray's not forgotten his dancing days.

Also, Ron's writhing on the floor looks kind of a lot like he's an extra in Footloose who just suffered a back injury.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: Shazbut on February 16, 2006, 01:14:14 pm
Lets see how many newbies we can fit in one thread. 6 and counting...

I don't have much to say about this strip except I don't know what the Dickens is going on in the 5th panel. Am I correct in thinking Ray is facing the sky? He appears to have swung round the guy's entire body and somehow managed to start spinning clockwise in order to punch this guy, and all this in a split-second. Dude must have been watching hell of Bruce Lee.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: Roger on February 16, 2006, 01:15:23 pm
That's it, if Ray wins the GOF, becomes a legend himself and gets out of his father's shadow he'll no longer be known as Son of Rodney, but as Hissing Ray Smuckles.
The BEEP BEEP BEEP on the crane panel is also a winner.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: MattFish on February 16, 2006, 01:31:36 pm
I hate getting in the thread so late because everybody has already said everything I wanted to.

The "pissing" line, that's a Seagal reference, right? I swear, the movie where he says that line I never watched more than 5 seconds of, and that 5 seconds was when he said that line. And I was like 10 years old and it still stuck with me to this day.

At any rate, I never want this arc to end. I'll try my hand at making a pint sized gif of this amazing attack maneuver sometime.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: sensate on February 16, 2006, 01:32:03 pm
My favorite is how Sipes' fist opens involuntarily the moment Ray hits the nerve. Very verisimilitudinous. It's like Onstad lives the strip before he draws it.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: robot_god on February 16, 2006, 01:36:55 pm
Yes, I love hissing Stubbs and all, but there is one thing that bothers me:  I think he should have his tail raised.  The thought sent me looking through strips to look at tail positions, but I haven't had time to finish the job.

Greatest job in the world - GOF crane operator.  It's like being paid to play a crane game, only funnier.

Also, mad respect for "OH GOD!  OH GOD!"

I'm glad that Stubbs has squashed the doubt I had on him.  I put my money on him when the arc first developed but I started to second guess him.  Nah, he is the Real Thing.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: Dr. Sodomy on February 16, 2006, 01:44:49 pm
For a dude of gravity, Mr. Stubbs (They call me Mr. Stubbs!) is fairly agile. Then, the readjusting of the hat? Stubbs has come to kick hell of ass and take hell of names.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 16, 2006, 02:03:51 pm
Suppose the dude who was mooning everybody in the collage was the sound and motion guy trying out one of his new age techniques early on?

I can't get over Ray's hisssssssssssssss either ... between his on-going debauchery and Beef's "circumstances" rarely do they act anything like cats ... so yea; hisss

The hiss made me smile, reminding me that they are in fact cats (although they fight nothing like cats). Also, screw all you doubters. Ray Smuckles has Icky Moves.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: LCB on February 16, 2006, 02:08:25 pm
I guess they don't want to send people out on the field with stretchers on account of all the GOF partici##### in the throes of bloodlust.

Still, the crane is kind funny. I saw the crane and the first thing that popped into my mind was "Are they going to make Soylent Green out of him?" then I remembered they used garbage trucks for that purpose in the movie and...well this is an unimportant tangent that should be dropped like a hot rock so...

I think Ray has been underestimated...I think he has the means to see the GOF through to the end, the muscle for the tussle, the determination for extermination and all that.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: CortJstr on February 16, 2006, 02:11:59 pm
I don't have much to say about this strip except I don't know what the Dickens is going on in the 5th panel. Am I correct in thinking Ray is facing the sky? He appears to have swung round the guy's entire body and somehow managed to start spinning clockwise in order to punch this guy, and all this in a split-second. Dude must have been watching hell of Bruce Lee.

I think he spun counter-clockwise. That way he'd only be making a quarter-turn which would be a lot faster.

I had almost forgotten that Ray was a dude who had no mercy. Continuity.

Part of the point of the hat, besides mad style and trying more to look like his dad, is to be all, "look at me. I'm whooping asses so efficiently and elegantly that my hat isn't even falling off. Perhaps later I will beat down a man while balancing an egg in a spoon."
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: evan on February 16, 2006, 02:30:24 pm
The "pissing" line, that's a Seagal reference, right?
more like Duke Nukem!
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: Roger on February 16, 2006, 02:39:59 pm
Yes, I love hissing Stubbs and all, but there is one thing that bothers me:  I think he should have his tail raised.  The thought sent me looking through strips to look at tail positions, but I haven't had time to finish the job.

They usually raise their tails when they're happy. When angry, or annoyed, or preparing to fight the swing it nervously from side to side, usually hitting it repeatedly against the foot of the bed when you're trying to sleep.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: Emergent_C on February 16, 2006, 02:53:11 pm
Hissing Ray is bringing the pain so efficiently that I started to think back on his and Beef's small times. We've seen Roast Beef getting picked on a lot as a young'un, but we've never seen him stand up for himself or fight back (as far as I know...someone might prove me wrong on that). It seems to me that Ray probably stood up for him quite often, even on occasion beating the piss out of someone after Beef had already left. So quite possibly Beef's social engineering of the GOF is partially a way to pay Ray back in kind.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: JordanB on February 16, 2006, 02:59:40 pm
Ray's hiss is one of the best Achewood moments I've seen since Cartilage Head.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on February 16, 2006, 03:04:26 pm
Ray's KO move instantly reminded me of his back flip during that Honda Civic fiasco. He did a back flip after ripping apart the rear wheel assembly with his bare hands. Also note that he didn't stretch before hand and he probably did sweat afterwards. We've all seen Ray do this before, there is no need to doubt he can do it again.

The crane definitely gets two thumbs up! Such an effective and insensitive way of doing things. It really lets you know that losing probably isn't going to stop your pain.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: lprkn on February 16, 2006, 03:17:06 pm
Everybody has said pretty much everything I would have wanted to say, but I'm just loving the hell out of this storyline.

It is a hoot and a holler.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 16, 2006, 03:17:54 pm
Everybody has said pretty much everything I would have wanted to say, but I'm just loving the hell out of this storyline.

It is a hoot and a holler.

The only way Onstad could ruin this is if he included Time Travel and it turned out Ray was his own father.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: robot_god on February 16, 2006, 03:23:27 pm
The only way Onstad could ruin this is if he included Time Travel and it turned out Ray was his own father.

I'm hoping Lie Bot wins.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: misterqueue on February 16, 2006, 03:26:35 pm
And then we cut to a shot of the bots mooning from the back of a truck.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: revdj on February 16, 2006, 03:31:48 pm
I have to add to the general consensus!

HSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on February 16, 2006, 03:36:36 pm
I'm hoping Lie Bot wins.

Can we just have a mini GOF with Яobots? I want to see Vlad beat the shit outta that no good lying son of a toaster (aka LieBot). Other players could be Chuckle Bot, Andy, the little click bot that Ultra Peanut had, and (although it would never happen) guest appearances by Red Яobots #c-36, Clango, Torpor and even little Uncle Grandpa. Shit, Яobots kick ass!
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: thedudeabides85 on February 16, 2006, 03:57:27 pm
My first attempt at starting a strip thread has gone for naught but the prospect of buying several cats, and forcing them to watch Van Damme films until they conduct an annual fighting tournament leaves a sliver of hope in my otherwise gray, meagerly apportioned life on this message board.

Also, someone's reference to Bruce Lee is apt.  That man went around saying "Be like water, my friend" which some interpreted as "Adapt to every opponent and his unique circumstances, like water takes the shape of its container".  Ray's Jeet Kune Do approach (developed by Beef) would make Bruce Lee proud, if he weren't actually just kidding about the water thing.  The point is really not to be like water, but to be like a really good fighter.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: jcreed on February 16, 2006, 04:15:05 pm
I think he spun counter-clockwise. That way he'd only be making a quarter-turn which would be a lot faster.

And he got a handful of the guy's belt/trousers-seat to hold on to in panel 4 to let him achieve such a turn, right? Physics.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: drew on February 16, 2006, 04:17:46 pm
I love how Ray is grabbing dude's pantaloons in order to give him the leverage to execute this hell of awesome 1/2 pike-somersault-twist! Using dude's own force against him! No mercy, indeed.

I also appreciate that Ray's tail is NOT fluffed or his back arched. This middling crap dude is of no concern to the heir-apparent to Rodney Leonard Stubbs.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: cellardoor on February 16, 2006, 04:50:46 pm
Ray is also controlling Ron's leg whilst punching him in the back.
With style and finesse.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: sensate on February 16, 2006, 05:19:02 pm
Tune in tomorrow for the next exciting episode of The Great Outdoor Fight: Awed Reaction.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: CortJstr on February 16, 2006, 05:36:14 pm
Can we just have a mini GOF with Яobots? I want to see Vlad beat the shit outta that no good lying son of a toaster (aka LieBot). Other players could be Chuckle Bot, Andy, the little click bot that Ultra Peanut had, and (although it would never happen) guest appearances by Red Яobots #c-36, Clango, Torpor and even little Uncle Grandpa. Shit, Яobots kick ass!

You've failed to account for the Killer Robots from Outer Space (http://eastmostpeninsula.com/archive/025.html)! This shall clearly be your undoing.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: Hobot on February 16, 2006, 05:46:47 pm
I saw the crane and the first thing that popped into my mind was "Are they going to make Soylent Green out of him?" then I remembered they used garbage trucks for that purpose in the movie

You stole my idea, you son of a bitch.

I'll have to console myself with the fact that I can now call someone "pestilence personified" in Russian.

Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: jough on February 16, 2006, 05:58:21 pm
Hey, at least one of the noobs is named for a Belle & Sebastian song. 

WELCOME, N00BS.  THIS IS A SAFE PLACE FOR YOU, BUT IN CASE SOMEONE STARTS TO HURT YOU OR YOU GET SCARED, YOUR "SAFE WORD" IS EDUCATION.

Now assume the position...
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: pmcd9 on February 16, 2006, 06:41:49 pm
My first attempt at starting a strip thread has gone for naught

Naught anymore.

~Paul
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: pmcd9 on February 16, 2006, 06:43:44 pm
WTF?  Is this newbie hour?  Jebus H. Fuckjockey... I just.. I don't even know anymore.

This was bound to happen.  Lately the guest have outnumbered the members by 2 to 1.  This GOF storyline has them lining up at the door to get in.

Welcome newbies, make yourself at home, but don't touch any of my stuff.

~Paul
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: jough on February 16, 2006, 06:58:25 pm
Limited Edition Great Outdoor Fight: Bootleg Edition T-Shirts Now Available (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2544.msg56170.html#msg56170)
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: Emergent_C on February 16, 2006, 07:01:03 pm
Welcome newbies, make yourself at home, but don't touch any of my stuff.

~Paul

I've been here more than a year. When do I get to touch your stuff?
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: misterqueue on February 16, 2006, 07:01:47 pm
Woah.. this thread suddenly got all....  naughty.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: CortJstr on February 16, 2006, 07:18:34 pm
I've been here more than a year. When do I get to touch your stuff?

Just remember that Paul has cameras everywhere. So don't touch his stuff unless you want pictures of the event posted at the Paul's Junk website. If you're lucky it'll only be in the Members Only section.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: thedudeabides85 on February 16, 2006, 07:22:25 pm
Naught anymore.

~Paul

Aww, goddamn, thanks pals, I feel pretty validated.  Also, what type of hat is Ray wearing?  I am not so good at hats, but would it be egregious to suggest that it bears a resemblance to Pat's pork pie purchased from the Unique Guy catalog, or is this just a straight up fedora?  Usually, I wouldn't be harping on such a peripheral detail but I was watching Over The Top recently on the Superstation, and Sylvester Stallone was crap at arm-wrestling until he put his hat on backwards.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: pmcd9 on February 16, 2006, 07:30:06 pm
I've been here more than a year. When do I get to touch your stuff?

Emma, you can touch me anytime you like, but uh, post a picture first.

~Paul
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: Emergent_C on February 16, 2006, 08:32:06 pm
Dude, I only wanted to touch your stuff.

But since you ask so, er, nicely, here's (http://i1.tinypic.com/nx6mw8.jpg) a picture...posted mainly so I can whine that every single thing in it other than myself (yes, including the necklace and shirt) is now at the bottom of Lake Pontchartrain.

::tiny violin::
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: jough on February 16, 2006, 08:34:32 pm
Man, what is it with this board where only hottie girls and really dorky guys seem to gravitate?

Also, E_C and other ladies in the future: I would caution against posting too much personal information here.  Achewood tends to draw out the sick fucks (yes, I'm looking at you MisterQueue, but also at myself - I have a little mirror by my desk).
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: wombat on February 16, 2006, 08:52:25 pm
Oh, you guys aren't all dorky!  There's - um - wait a minute - I'm sure there was someone...
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: misterqueue on February 16, 2006, 08:53:46 pm
Also, E_C and other ladies in the future: I would caution against posting too much personal information here.  Achewood tends to draw out the sick fucks (yes, I'm looking at you MisterQueue, but also at myself - I have a little mirror by my desk).

Now now Jough.  My stalking is mostly harmless.  Just ask Hobot.

(For the record I am not dorky, just creepy and I look like I'm 12 (http://www.misterqueue.com/57182.jpg).)


Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: CortJstr on February 16, 2006, 09:05:12 pm
Now now Jough.  My stalking is mostly harmless.  Just ask Hobot.

(For the record I am not dorky, just creepy and I look like I'm 12 (http://www.misterqueue.com/57182.jpg).)

Dude, are you posting here in the middle of Algebra or something. What if you get caught? You also look like a guy I knew who like blink-182 way too much. Q, do you own copies of Cheshire Cat and/or Buddha? Are you wearing an Atticus t-shirt? Admitting that you have a problem is the first step.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: misterqueue on February 16, 2006, 09:12:05 pm
I'm a bit too old to have ever thought Blink-182 was cool  EVER.

And it's not my fault I don't grow any facial hair.  Blame genes.  BLAME ALL THE GENES!  EVEN GENE SHALIT!  THAT fuck*ng GUY!
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 16, 2006, 09:40:59 pm
EVEN GENE SHALLOT!  THAT fuck*ng GUY!

What, is he the movie critic for The Onion?
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: misterqueue on February 16, 2006, 09:43:28 pm
Damn you AD, mocking my spelling inaccuracies!  Now I had to change it out of complete horror.

Consider this payback:

(http://alzmass.org/newsletters/adnews06-04/images/shalit.jpg)
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: pmcd9 on February 16, 2006, 09:45:05 pm
What, is he the movie critic for The Onion?

That deserves an onion offense card.

~Paul
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: Mr. Gary on February 16, 2006, 09:58:52 pm
Woah.. this thread suddenly got all....  naughty.

Now now. Don't make me smoke some poles.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: thedudeabides85 on February 16, 2006, 10:14:46 pm
Man, what is it with this board where only hottie girls and really dorky guys seem to gravitate?


Crap, is this going to devolve into all of the dudes posting pictures of themselves wearing cool t-shirts to prove they are not really dorky?  Because if so, I am ready:

(http://hoytel.net/pics/Lee%20Cut.jpg)

 
I cropped the upper section of this picture because the camera caught me in the process of not drinking a Corona properly. In fact, a thin stream of the Mexican nectar is clearly about to settle on my t-shirt. Bruce Lee would call this type of drinking "Clumsy Tiger Style".


Which brings me to an idea for a contest:
Once everyone has inevitably purchased their commemorative GOF shirts, might members post pictures of themselves in the shirts maiming others, and possibly reenacting pivotal scenes from the Achewood arc?  Extra points for punching a woman or a cat, but inexplicably, punching a female cat will get you disqualified.

If my suggestion is too brash (being a rookie and all), I'll back off I swear.  Let me keep my cans.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: Emergent_C on February 16, 2006, 10:31:24 pm
Corona droplets can quite clearly be seen dribbling down the front of your tasty attire. But, I posit that the picture wasn't cropped for the reason you claim, Mr. thedudeabides85, if that is your real name, but rather because the upper portion shows a Corona bottle en route to impaling your head...THUS you would win your proposed little contest before it even began.

Foiled!
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: Drygioni on February 16, 2006, 10:43:31 pm
thedudeabides85, you are clearly doing bicep curls and wearing a T shirt just to show off your well toned arms.

And I like the sound of your idea, though my newbie opinion is worthless.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: misterqueue on February 16, 2006, 10:45:37 pm

If my suggestion is too brash (being a rookie and all), I'll back off I swear.  Let me keep my cans.


This just goes to show that dudes who share our birthday clearly rock.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: pmcd9 on February 16, 2006, 10:53:03 pm
Crap, is this going to devolve into all of the dudes posting pictures of themselves wearing cool t-shirts to prove they are not really dorky?  Because if so, I am ready:

(http://hoytel.net/pics/Lee%20Cut.jpg)

 
I cropped the upper section of this picture because the camera caught me in the process of not drinking a Corona properly. In fact, a thin stream of the Mexican nectar is clearly about to settle on my t-shirt. Bruce Lee would call this type of drinking "Clumsy Tiger Style".


In an effort to prove he's not a dork like all of the rest of us, The Dude Abides post a picture of himself drooling beer all over his shirt.  I just wanted to make sure everyone undersood what we just witnessed.  Carry on with your day, that is all.

~Paul

Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: EgoSumNoah on February 16, 2006, 10:57:35 pm
(sorry, but I am going to talk about the strip now. good idea though, dude.)

I love the drawing in panel 5, but I'm wondering about Hissing Ray's other hand.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: CortJstr on February 16, 2006, 11:07:07 pm
Is nobody else going to mention that an effort to look non-dorky includes a comic book tattoo?
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: sunnystar on February 16, 2006, 11:28:34 pm
Since this is the post for today's Achewood strip, I want to say 4 things, 2 of which have already been said, but are damn worth repeating!:
1) The "beep beep beep" of the crane turned me on. What a good noise addition!
2) Hissing Ray...which seems to have reminded us all that we are indeed in love with a comic about cats who act like people (but occasionally like cats).
and
3) Ray's hat is sexy. SEXY I SAY! I bet you couldn't pull that look off.
and
4) I think Onstad's been watching too much figure skating...that little stunt Ray did to attack Ron looks like something one of those figure skating dudes would do...like a triple whammy flip sow cow or whatnot.

And Q, the N00B, thedudeabides85, is giving your sweet little sick fuck self a run for your money with his shirt and Corona drool...and his comic book tat...but you still are in the lead for showing your face! :hands you a T.C.o.D.P.:

Also, 'ello N00BS! There are so many of you! But welcome to y'all! :)
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: MSC on February 16, 2006, 11:29:24 pm
Is nobody else going to mention that an effort to look non-dorky includes a comic book tattoo?

Yeah, thank you.

My real point in posting was to highlight the excellent last panel...the Post Ass-Kick Hat Straightening.  Classy move all the way.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: pmcd9 on February 16, 2006, 11:39:31 pm
To The Dude Abides:  This (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/DSCN1793-E-1024.jpg) is how you do it.

~Paul
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 16, 2006, 11:51:49 pm
No Paul, non-geekery looks like this (http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4729/161/1600/P62403811.JPG)
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: pmcd9 on February 16, 2006, 11:52:24 pm
To The Dude Abides:  This (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/DSCN1793-E-1024.jpg) is how you do it.

~Paul

Actually, what I meant to say was This (http://pics.livejournal.com/sepia_tonedlove/pic/000e8dxg/g42) is how you do it.

~Paul
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: pmcd9 on February 16, 2006, 11:53:50 pm
No Paul, non-geekery looks like this (http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4729/161/1600/P62403811.JPG)

Non Geekery?  I was showing him how to properly drink a beer.

~Paul
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: misterqueue on February 16, 2006, 11:57:09 pm

And Q, :hands you a T.C.o.D.P.:

*waggles brows*

Attention ACOX: I am backing off so as not stalk your ladyfriend.  Hell knows I got my hands full enough already here.  It's tough being a sick fuck.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: pmcd9 on February 16, 2006, 11:59:57 pm
It's tough being a sick fuck.

But you make it look so easy.

~Paul
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: sunnystar on February 17, 2006, 12:01:55 am
Thank you, Paul, for posting such a lovely picture of me for everyone to see...again! :) I really should find a better one...at least I'm wearing Philippe in that one...and eating vanilla speck ice cream...mmmmmmmmm... :P

Speaking of vanilla speck ice cream...at the place Alex took me for valentine's day I had the BEST DESSERT EVER! You shall all appreciate this if you know the vanilla speck ice cream thread (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2504.0.html)...
It was two puff pastries filled with delicious vanilla speck ice cream topped with homemade whip cream, chocolate sauce, and almonds. THEN there was THE BIGGEST chocolate covered CUNT EVER! on top of that! It was as big as the palm of my hand! JUST HUGE!

Oh, Q.... ;D
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: misterqueue on February 17, 2006, 12:06:22 am
But you make it look so easy.

~Paul

Thank you Paul, and to show I mean that, I put you at 69.


IF YUO KNOW WAHT I MAEN!!111
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: pmcd9 on February 17, 2006, 12:09:22 am
Thank you Paul, and to show I mean that, I put you at 69.

I think it's appropriate to be at 69 only moments after this (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/DSCN1793-E-1024.jpg).

Thank Yew...

~Paul

Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: sunnystar on February 17, 2006, 12:09:41 am
Gosh, Paul, you couldn't have found this pic, or something like it? (http://pics.livejournal.com/sepia_tonedlove/pic/000ez5xp) I look far better in this pic than that silly ice cream one. :) Come on boys, I know you agree...(plus, I'm one of a very small population of females, I know that counts for something...)  ;)

edit: Even better.... (http://pics.livejournal.com/sepia_tonedlove/pic/00047f04)
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: sunnystar on February 17, 2006, 12:12:55 am
I think it's appropriate to be at 69 only moments after this (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/DSCN1793-E-1024.jpg).

Thank Yew...

~Paul



It most definitely is. Also, that picture is AWESOME! TCoDP for you! :applause:
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: pmcd9 on February 17, 2006, 12:16:49 am
Gosh, Paul, you couldn't have found this pic, or something like it? (http://pics.livejournal.com/sepia_tonedlove/pic/000ez5xp) I look far better in this pic than that silly ice cream one. :) Come on boys, I know you agree...(plus, I'm one of a very small population of females, I know that counts for something...)  ;)

edit: Even better.... (http://pics.livejournal.com/sepia_tonedlove/pic/00047f04)

I think you look lovely in all of your pictures.  Alex is a lucky guy.  If he ever starts to doubt it, send him to me.

~Paul
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: sunnystar on February 17, 2006, 12:21:57 am
I think you look lovely in all of your pictures.  Alex is a lucky guy.  If he ever starts to doubt it, send him to me.

~Paul

Awww, and no one can deny how nice of a person you are! I feel loved...
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: sOOp on February 17, 2006, 01:04:21 am
WTF?  Is this newbie hour?  Jebus H. Fuckjockey... I just.. I don't even know anymore.

I've been reading for a while now. This new story arc made me finally want to register and post.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: misterqueue on February 17, 2006, 01:19:29 am
Gosh, Paul, you couldn't have found this pic, or something like it? (http://pics.livejournal.com/sepia_tonedlove/pic/000ez5xp) I look far better in this pic than that silly ice cream one. :) Come on boys, I know you agree...(plus, I'm one of a very small population of females, I know that counts for something...)  ;)

edit: Even better.... (http://pics.livejournal.com/sepia_tonedlove/pic/00047f04)

I'd know that arch anywhere.

Also, acox looks slightly resemblant of a thinner Flansburgh (http://www.photo.net/learn/concerts/mirarchi/jf_realclose_med.jpg) in that piccie.  EERIE.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 17, 2006, 01:50:21 am
Paul and AD are both dorks.  Here is what a non-nerdy manly man looks like. (http://www.bigfool.com/mascots/cosmo.jpg)
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: sunnystar on February 17, 2006, 01:57:44 am
I'd know that arch anywhere.

Also, acox looks slightly resemblant of a thinner Flansburgh (http://www.photo.net/learn/concerts/mirarchi/jf_realclose_med.jpg) in that piccie.  EERIE.

Q! WHO IS THAT GUY!? THAT'S SO CREEPY-TASTIC! (Alex agrees as he was staring over my shoulder at the time I clicked the link.)
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: misterqueue on February 17, 2006, 01:59:37 am
That's John Flansburgh of They Might Be Giants fame.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: EgoSumNoah on February 17, 2006, 03:03:23 am
But if Ray can take out those lumberjack cats with claw and fist, I will eat so many words that I will explode.

'sploded by a car.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: thedudeabides85 on February 17, 2006, 03:06:29 am
Non Geekery?  I was showing him how to properly drink a beer.

~Paul

The proper way to drink a beer is to have already drunk it by the time anyone even thinks to take a picture.  Also, the real reason I cropped the photo is because I look like Eric Stoltz in Mask, except I also have alopecia.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: pmcd9 on February 17, 2006, 04:27:23 am
Paul and AD are both dorks.  Here is what a non-nerdy manly man looks like. (http://www.bigfool.com/mascots/cosmo.jpg)

I can't believe you just stepped to me like that.  I'll see (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/MASCOTS/DSCN1376-E-1024.jpg) you and raise (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/MASCOTS/DSCN2258-E-1024.jpg) you.

Now who's the dork?

~Paul
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: theinevitable on February 17, 2006, 05:07:36 am
jesus people.
the only true way to be a non-dork is like this (http://myspace-830.vo.llnwd.net/00152/03/87/152517830_l.jpg).


just to clarify: this isn't an everyday thing. it was just screwing around.
not that there's anything wrong with that...
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: jough on February 17, 2006, 06:24:58 am
EgoSumNoah, is that Feynman as your avatar?

Also, my sweetie recently snapped a photo of me being un-dorky (read: exceptionally dorky) but I was able to wrestle the cam phone out of her claws and spank her with it before she could post it here.

But maybe someday I will post a photo from this decade on the internet.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: CortJstr on February 17, 2006, 01:51:52 pm
But maybe someday I will post a photo from this decade on the internet.

What about that video you had up of the Nutri-Grain parody? That was this decade and video is basically a series of photos
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 17, 2006, 02:38:23 pm
I can't believe you just stepped to me like that.  I'll see (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/MASCOTS/DSCN1376-E-1024.jpg) you and raise (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/MASCOTS/DSCN2258-E-1024.jpg) you.

Now who's the dork?

~Paul


You ever had your picture taken with a giant taco? (http://www.bigfool.com/mascots/taco.jpg)  No, I don't believe you have.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: misterqueue on February 17, 2006, 03:14:10 pm
You ever had your picture taken with a giant taco? (http://www.bigfool.com/mascots/taco.jpg)  No, I don't believe you have.

Daaaaaamn.. this is all like the Great Indoor Picture Fight.  I'm all a-twitter as to which of these Gladiators will win the GIPF!
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: Emergent_C on February 17, 2006, 03:20:38 pm
You ever had your picture taken with a giant taco? (http://www.bigfool.com/mascots/taco.jpg)  No, I don't believe you have.

That looks like...could it be...Gina?
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: pmcd9 on February 17, 2006, 03:37:54 pm
You ever had your picture taken with a giant taco? (http://www.bigfool.com/mascots/taco.jpg)  No, I don't believe you have.

I Got Nothing (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/DSCN7168_9_70_1_2_3_4_5_6_7_8_9_80_1_2_3_4_5_6_7-E-S-1024.jpg)

~Paul
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: jough on February 17, 2006, 05:05:34 pm
What about that video you had up of the Nutri-Grain parody? That was this decade and video is basically a series of photos

Cort, that is true.  I had forgotten about the NutriJough video.

And I think Wombat posted something from when we met last year.

But other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, what did you think of the play?
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: jough on February 17, 2006, 05:06:15 pm
I Got Nothing (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/DSCN7168_9_70_1_2_3_4_5_6_7_8_9_80_1_2_3_4_5_6_7-E-S-1024.jpg)

Oh man, new wallpaper, dude.

ME: <looking at that photo>
GF: "WTF?  Have I lost you to the pink team?"
ME: :P

Bravo, Mr. Paul.  Bra-fuck*ng-vo.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: wombat on February 17, 2006, 05:18:07 pm

And I think Wombat posted something from when we met last year.


Dorks with snake:

(http://www.rebsig.com/LL/achesnake.jpg)
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: Hobot on February 17, 2006, 08:15:05 pm
That giant taco was pretty impressive, but have you ever petted a giant cougar tongue (http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8346/cougartongue5ol.jpg)?
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: Emergent_C on February 17, 2006, 08:39:10 pm
Now Hobot's taking a picture with Gina too? That woman's pu$$y really gets around.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron!
Post by: lprkn on February 17, 2006, 10:48:18 pm
Imagine you are a baby kitten having your fur cleaned...
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: sunnystar on February 18, 2006, 01:30:18 am
Imagine you are a baby kitten having your fur cleaned...

Took the words right outta my mouth!
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: pmcd9 on February 18, 2006, 03:14:28 am
That giant taco was pretty impressive, but have you ever petted a giant cougar tongue (http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8346/cougartongue5ol.jpg)?

My ex did something kinda like that (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/DSCN0442_3_4_5-E-S-1024.jpg).

~Paul
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: pmcd9 on February 18, 2006, 07:32:18 pm
What?  Are we done here?  This thread was starting to get fun?  C'mon people, TDA still needs more examples of what non dorky people look like.

~Paul
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: theinevitable on February 19, 2006, 04:55:00 am
jeez.
I post a picture of myself in a sexy red dress, and no one even notices. *sniff sniff*
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: pmcd9 on February 19, 2006, 05:05:59 am
jeez.
I post a picture of myself in a sexy red dress, and no one even notices. *sniff sniff*

I'm sorry The Inevitable, we didn't mean to overlook you.  You look very pretty in a dress.

~Paul
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: pmcd9 on February 19, 2006, 05:07:48 am
Also, to Emma C, who started this whole thing, you are hella cute (as if you didn't know that).  Sorry all of your stuff is at the bottom of Lake Pohchartrain

~Paul
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: Emergent_C on February 21, 2006, 06:25:22 pm
Thanks, Paul!

(Just so you know, I voted for you as the TOUMBer I'd most like to meet...but then, that's like voting that air is the best thing to breathe.)
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: pmcd9 on February 22, 2006, 04:04:50 am
(Just so you know, I voted for you as the TOUMBer I'd most like to meet...but then, that's like voting that air is the best thing to breathe.)

I've thought about this all day and all I can think to say is WOW.  I sure appreciate the compliment.

~Paul

It was a compliment right?
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: thedudeabides85 on February 22, 2006, 06:15:13 am
Thanks, Paul!

(Just so you know, I voted for you as the TOUMBer I'd most like to meet...but then, that's like voting that air is the best thing to breathe.)
Paul, I might be wary that this is a backhanded compliment, since we all know that nitrous oxide is the best thing to breathe.
Title: Re: February 16, 2006 - A leg stump ain't got holes where your urine can go, Ron
Post by: robot_god on February 22, 2006, 06:40:58 am
Paul, I might be wary that this is a backhanded compliment, since we all know that nitrous oxide is the best thing to breathe.

First I will give you a can;  second I will go get a can of whip cream.