The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: JorgeFabregas on February 20, 2006, 05:56:25 am

Title: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: JorgeFabregas on February 20, 2006, 05:56:25 am
So, today the idea popped into my mind that, most likely, most of the people who have been inspired to register by the GOF are male. The achewood readership appears to slant male in the first place, but I'm guessing that GOF afficianados are extremely so. EXTREMELY MALE.

Yea or nay?
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: pmcd9 on February 20, 2006, 06:18:32 am
Actually I thought a couple of the newbies were ladies.  I could be wrong.

~Paul
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: Tangle on February 20, 2006, 06:25:37 am
Actually I thought a couple of the newbies were ladies.  I could be wrong.
'ere, point that thing somewhere else. I'm a bloke, I am.
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: lprkn on February 20, 2006, 09:20:51 am
If anybody remembers my short-lived avatar that had my face on it, they would know that I am a dude.

However, I was reading these boards long enough ago to remember Paul's old(current) avatar, and was not simply attracted by the GOF.
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: sunnystar on February 20, 2006, 12:51:00 pm
We must keep them mostly male or the magic of me being female wears off...and we can't have that!
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: wombat on February 20, 2006, 01:17:03 pm
This is clearly a story line for Guys, notwithstanding my enjoyment of certain aspects of it.
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: pmcd9 on February 20, 2006, 02:00:11 pm
If anybody remembers my short-lived avatar that had my face on it, they would know that I am a dude.

However, I was reading these boards long enough ago to remember Paul's old(current) avatar, and was not simply attracted by the GOF.

Wait, are you saying you joined because you remember my avatar from before?

~Paul
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: wombat on February 20, 2006, 03:03:34 pm
Eek! I'd forgotten Paul's old avatar.  He's almost as scary as Jough.
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: FutureDeadPerson on February 20, 2006, 03:13:27 pm
I am EXTREMELY MALE.


I lurked before GOF, it just made me register.
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: side_show on February 20, 2006, 03:19:11 pm
I am EXTREMELY MALE.

EXTREMELY?  If the world of fast food has taught me anything, Extreme Male means that you have cheese and bacon on your regular Whopper of manhood.  That's almost as bad as a pizza.
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: acoxcae on February 20, 2006, 03:21:27 pm
EXTREMELY?  If the world of fast food has taught me anything, Extreme Male means that you have cheese and bacon on your regular Whopper of manhood.  That's almost as bad as a pizza.


This mental image has forced me to leave my workstation to find something other than tweed fabric walls to PUSH THIS HORRENDOUS PICTURE OUT OF MY MIND.

I'll be right back.
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: pmcd9 on February 20, 2006, 03:23:04 pm
Here's a prediction, "Regular Whopper of Manhood" gets nominated for best TOUAMB board cliché next time around.

~Paul
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: FutureDeadPerson on February 20, 2006, 03:35:55 pm
That's almost as bad as a pizza.



And how.  :'(
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: misterqueue on February 20, 2006, 03:50:53 pm
Best Use of Crying :).

A+++++  WOULD LAUGH AGAIN.  DOES NOT SIGN ME UP FOR SO MUCH SPAM
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: Hobot on February 21, 2006, 02:40:02 am
I am EXTREMELY MALE.

FutureDeadPerson defies Nature and has two Y chromosomes!  (Even though that would make you a Current Dead Person/A Person Who Could Never Have Existed).
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: V-Adore on February 21, 2006, 03:04:12 am
FutureDeadPerson defies Nature and has two Y chromosomes!  (Even though that would make you a Current Dead Person/A Person Who Could Never Have Existed).

GEEK TIME:

As long as he had an X chromosome, he'd be okay. XYY males certainly exist and are reasonably normal, although there's some implication that they may be mildly mentally retarded, and they're certainly not "ultra-male" in phenotype.

END GEEK-OUT
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: side_show on February 21, 2006, 03:21:25 am
GEEK TIME:

As long as he had an X chromosome, he'd be okay. XYY males certainly exist and are reasonably normal, although there's some implication that they may be mildly mentally retarded, and they're certainly not "ultra-male" in phenotype.

END GEEK-OUT

So, I imply he has bacon and cheese on his dick, and you, instead, imply that he may just "be mildly mentally retarded."

Looks like he's a future dead person because the women of the board are working to drive him to suicide.  Next up, Wombat pointing at FutureDeadPerson's genitals and just laughing.  Laughing. 

(Seriously though, FDP - you have taken our good natured ribbing good natured-ly, and I give you the tiny-can salute for having a dick but not being a dick.  Kudos.)
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: wombat on February 21, 2006, 03:32:31 am
So, I imply he has bacon and cheese on his dick, and you, instead, imply that he may just "be mildly mentally retarded."


These don't sound contradictory to me. 

 :D
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: side_show on February 21, 2006, 03:35:44 am
Oh, wombat - it is to laugh. 

Where is the  :) of wombat pointing at genitals and laughing?  Where?
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: side_show on February 21, 2006, 04:22:19 am
Here's a prediction, "Regular Whopper of Manhood" gets nominated for best TOUAMB board cliché next time around.

~Paul

Well thank you!  And thus begins the process of driving it into the ground!

"Give it two more beers and she'll be eating my Original Whopper."

"I totally King Sized the Valu Meal, Man!"

"I was really disappointed when he dropped his drawers- he's no Extreme. He's a 'Whopper Jr.' at best."

"Yeah, whatever you say chicken fry."

"I spent half the night hitting on him - I had no idea he was into the Angus Burger until his boyfriend showed up."

etc.
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: CortJstr on February 21, 2006, 04:40:25 am
"I was really disappointed when he dropped his drawers- he's no Extreme. He's a 'Whopper Jr.' at best."

Hey let's keep it clean. Don't make me bust out the Onion Offense cards
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: FutureDeadPerson on February 21, 2006, 05:38:10 am
Burger dick and :P? 

(:P this is a perfect "mildly retarded" face)

Just ain't my day.
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: Doc on February 21, 2006, 07:15:46 am
I had to give FDP another can for pointing that :) face out, it reminds me of Gur from invader zim.

The GOF really has brought a good bunch of newbies out of the woodwork.

Also now I totally want a burger but am pissed because  have no money. That sounded less like a desire for cock in my head.
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: misterqueue on February 21, 2006, 10:57:59 am
I had to give FDP another can for pointing that :) face out, it reminds me of Gur from invader zim.

The GOF really has brought a good bunch of newbies out of the woodwork.

Also now I totally want a burger but am pissed because  have no money. That sounded less like a desire for cock in my head.

That would be Gir from Invader Zim.  2 minutes in the corner for you.


</Pedant Mode>
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: Hobot on February 21, 2006, 05:50:19 pm
GEEK TIME:

As long as he had an X chromosome, he'd be okay. XYY males certainly exist and are reasonably normal, although there's some implication that they may be mildly mentally retarded, and they're certainly not "ultra-male" in phenotype.

END GEEK-OUT

Crap, I should have clarified; what I meant was that he had only two Y chromosomes, which is impossible.  I do recall reading about the relative mental and physical normalcy of XYY males and being surprised, but, in retrospect, considering how short Y chromosomes are, and how little essential information they carry, it's not such a wonder.

Thank you for correcting my error; as an aspiring scientist, I look up to you for your educational skills.
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: V-Adore on February 22, 2006, 02:14:54 am
Crap, I should have clarified; what I meant was that he had only two Y chromosomes, which is impossible.  I do recall reading about the relative mental and physical normalcy of XYY males and being surprised, but, in retrospect, considering how short Y chromosomes are, and how little essential information they carry, it's not such a wonder.

Thank you for correcting my error; as an aspiring scientist, I look up to you for your educational skills.

Oh, I figured that's what you meant. But just between you and me, I'm extremely fond of getting to use "trisomy" and "phenotype" whenever I get a chance.

I think I need to sit down and reevaluate my life.
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 24, 2006, 06:46:39 pm
Spotted just now:
Users Online
  51 Guests, 17 Users (1 Hidden) 


51 guests?  Fifty-one people who are right now reading our shit but not registering?

Has it always been thus, and I just noticed it?  Or is the GOF just generating that much interest?
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: Gimpson on February 24, 2006, 08:59:29 pm
A google search for Great Outdoor Fight (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22great+outdoor+fight%22&btnG=Google+Search) returns a lot of results, almost all of which seem to be Achewood related.  Onstad's doing some good stuff here...
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: jough on February 24, 2006, 09:21:40 pm
There are so many n00bs lately that I can't even distinguish one of them from another.  Usually we get a chance to know people as individuals, but here they'd better have an interesting avatar because otherwise it's just like one big mass of n00b.
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: CortJstr on February 24, 2006, 09:34:01 pm
Well it helps even more to not only have an interesting avatar but also to go from from zero to entertaining in 2 days like Zart or Q
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: misterqueue on February 24, 2006, 09:41:35 pm
Well it helps even more to not only have an interesting avatar but also to go from from zero to entertaining in 2 days like Zart or Q

Good gravy, thanks and all Cort, but really I can't even be on a list composed of just me an Zart.

Besides, I'm sure some people would disagree about my level of entertainment provided.


Well I guess noah doesn't count, but I'm sure AD could say some shit about me that would be true and negative at the same time.  ;)


As for the n00bs, there's really waaaay too fuckin' many.  I'm at the point now where if I don't recognize the name/avatar I just skim the post for naughty words and move on.  At this rate they won't even get assigned "personalities" in my mind until like 2010.
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: wombat on February 24, 2006, 10:04:39 pm
one big mass of n00b.

I propose that we ought to have a test people take before they're allowed to register.  They need to pass a quiz on major highlights of the archives, important minor characters, common board in-jokes, and facts about the board regulars including the Gone but Not Forgotten. And thereafter if they express surprise at the fact that they can't type the words '#####' and '*****', immediate bannation.

This is my reasonable reaction to the situation.  Compared to my dark thoughts that, for example, no one can register without an avatar that has been approved for excellence by a committee composed of me.

Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 24, 2006, 10:16:46 pm
Well I guess noah doesn't count, but I'm sure AD could say some shit about me that would be true and negative at the same time.  ;)

You're full of shit for saying I would say some negative shit about you. (ironic juxtaposition jokingly intended).
Unless saying that you and I don't agree on anything would be considered negative. In which case, I guess.

For the record, I think you're pretty much an un-crap dude.

Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: misterqueue on February 24, 2006, 10:31:49 pm
Merely teasing AD, merely teasing.

I think of you like my non-evil Nemesis.  Like we have all these secret battles on the streets of Astral City and whatnot, and maybe afterwards we go and split a pizza.

Oh and mostly I'm only mad at you because in my imagination your cape is waaay better than mine, which is basically a towel with a safety pin.

I don't know how this is your fault and not a fault of my imagination however.
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: FutureDeadPerson on February 24, 2006, 10:39:25 pm
Damnit, I knew I should have registered when I first saw this place.  But then I thought to myself, "Why waste my time talking about Achewood when I could possibly be doing something constructive like become a fireman or a seal trainer."  You see, it wasn't the GOF that got me to register here, it's that my life is now sadly out of options.


Ah well, at least I got my Hot Pockets brand stuffed sandwiches.  :-\
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: CortJstr on February 24, 2006, 10:55:19 pm
Damn, wombat went all hard-ass on us. She wants test and hazing, and probably some kind of spanking ritual now.

Although back in the Dumbrella days I lurked for like 7 months for fear of being mercilessly mocked off the board.
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: wombat on February 24, 2006, 11:03:28 pm
I would have lurked on Dumbrella forever if Onstad hadn't asked for someone to cook a Hell Baby and post a picture (http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/hellbaby.jpg), and I beat everyone else to it.  You can't just settle for any old first post, people.
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: Hobot on February 24, 2006, 11:04:09 pm
Yeah, but the Dumbrella boards are notoriously vicious.  I've given up posting there for fear that I may say the wrong thing, be mercilessly abused, and be forced to live out the rest of my days in a cave, crying and having no one to talk to but myself.
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: wombat on February 24, 2006, 11:07:47 pm
Yeah, but the Dumbrella boards are notoriously vicious. 

And we are of course all sweetness and light.  But we do have standards.
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: jough on February 25, 2006, 12:15:22 am
This board is like an electronic hug compared to Dumbrella.

Okay, we may slap your ass and grab a handful of crotch during that hug, but a hug's a hug nonetheless.
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: Doc on February 25, 2006, 12:38:30 am
Man I lurked for ages before posting on this board, it's just such a tight nit group (and fairly high on the wit and intelligence-o-meter too) that it's a bit intimidating. Brilliant first few posts help in a big way should have though more instead of just trying to insinuate myself in over time, I'm still working on that one. So yeah, all you filthy lurkers think for a while and come up with something to totally blow us all away.

Actually deliberately brilliant first posts would probably just end up being hi-lariously bad but then that's always welcome entertainment too.
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 25, 2006, 12:40:58 am
Actually deliberately brilliant first posts would probably just end up being hi-lariously bad but then that's always welcome entertainment too.

Not to mention potential bannination for punning or TOUAMBIE for the most irritating N00b. We keep getting N00b traffiic like this, we might have to award that one monthly.
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: V-Adore on February 25, 2006, 04:09:58 am
Man, nobody will ever dethrone THA SUGAH RAIN. He may have to be the worst n00b of 2006/2007/2008, really.

(Newbies, don't attempt to dethrone him. This particular TOUAMBie is not an honor.)

I, too, lurked for approximately forever on the Dumbrella board because I was afraid. Once this board arose I, a gentle n00blet, came on and started analyzing like mad, somehow managing to get myself tolerated to this very day. Hooray!
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: Doc on February 25, 2006, 04:49:15 am
get myself tolerated to this
Can we get a 'most ridiculous understatement by someone with "admin" under their name' award please?
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: V-Adore on February 26, 2006, 04:46:49 am
Can we get a 'most ridiculous understatement by someone with "admin" under their name' award please?

Man, I'm just trying to keep my expectations of my role here realistic. I have to assume that anyone who's lost 70% of the tiny cans they've ever acquired, and appears to be losing faster than gaining, is at bare minimum in a low-water popularity period. I'd rather think of myself as adequate and not be disappointed than wake up one morning to the proverbial pig's blood on my head at the prom.

(Especially since I'm relatively sure you can't telekinetically slaughter people over the Internet, so, y'know.)
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: Hobot on February 26, 2006, 05:57:46 am
Okay, we may slap your ass and grab a handful of crotch during that hug, but a hug's a hug nonetheless.

I believe that role is delegated to Q.
Title: Re: GOF Newbie gender
Post by: misterqueue on February 26, 2006, 06:03:53 am
*waggles brows*