The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Jeepers on March 03, 2006, 02:37:04 am

Title: VW commercial
Post by: Jeepers on March 03, 2006, 02:37:04 am
Is that Karl Hungus in the new vw commercials?

(I'm going on the assumption that most people here are on the same wavelength as me)

Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: CortJstr on March 03, 2006, 02:59:43 am
I don't think so: http://www.vw.com/vwlife/commercial.html (http://www.vw.com/vwlife/commercial.html)
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: jough on March 03, 2006, 04:41:25 am
Yes, that is indeed actor Peter Stormare, most famous for either putting his partner in the chipper, or for being a nihilist.

What I want to know is: who's the cute blone chick?
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 03, 2006, 04:25:59 pm
What I want to know is: who's the cute blone chick?

Which ad?
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: Roger on March 03, 2006, 06:05:23 pm
Yes, that is indeed actor Peter Stormare, most famous for either putting his partner in the chipper, or for being a nihilist.


Could he also be... SATAN?

I don't think so: http://www.vw.com/vwlife/commercial.html (http://www.vw.com/vwlife/commercial.html)

Apparently the ad is not in that page... I found it here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wey9--VVxAg&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eleftlanenews%2Ecom%2F2006%2F02%2F22%2Fvw%2Dstrikes%2Dagain%2Dun%2Dpimp%2Dmy%2Dride%2Dvideos%2F)
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: Golfhaus on March 04, 2006, 12:12:06 am
"Jason's" car in that ad has the automobile nuts that started the GOF arc.

WE HAVE COME FULL CIRCLE, PEOPLE. THE INTERNET HAS BEEN COMPLETED.
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: jough on March 04, 2006, 05:52:19 am
I don't think so: http://www.vw.com/vwlife/commercial.html (http://www.vw.com/vwlife/commercial.html)

Yeah, I guess someone already beat me to it, but I forgot to mention that the ads in question (there are at least four of them that I've seen with Peter Stormare doing a really bad Sprockets accent) aren't listed on the VW.com site yet.  Pity.
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: AugustWest on March 04, 2006, 06:42:46 am
His accent is really bad, but I think that makes the commercials better.
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: Roger on March 04, 2006, 03:27:34 pm
His accent is really bad, but I think that makes the commercials better.

Worse than his "italian" accent on The Brothers Grimm?

By the way, Terry Gilliam... Why does he have to make it so hard to keep on liking him?
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: CortJstr on March 04, 2006, 03:51:29 pm
Yeah, I guess someone already beat me to it, but I forgot to mention that the ads in question (there are at least four of them that I've seen with Peter Stormare doing a really bad Sprockets accent) aren't listed on the VW.com site yet.  Pity.


Weird, they usually update really quickly. And I don't see many commercials so I didn't notice anything was missing.
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 05, 2006, 03:27:24 am
Worse than his "italian" accent on The Brothers Grimm?

By the way, Terry Gilliam... Why does he have to make it so hard to keep on liking him?

How can a Swedish guy do a worse cheesy italian accent than an American guy??

To me, he'll always be hitting stuff with a hammer and yelling "Thees is how wee feex theengs on RUSSIAN space station!"
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on March 07, 2006, 06:02:22 pm
Does anyone else hate these new "Un Pimp my Ride" ads? I really think VW is going down hill as far as TV ads go. I really liked their old stuff.
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: Nabubrush on March 07, 2006, 07:20:11 pm
I really liked their old stuff.


I liked them better before they sold out.
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: jough on March 07, 2006, 08:01:54 pm
Well, this thread is about the new un-pimp my ride ads.  And we love them.  LOVE THEM!
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: CortJstr on March 07, 2006, 09:46:22 pm
Does anyone else hate these new "Un Pimp my Ride" ads? I really think VW is going down hill as far as TV ads go. I really liked their old stuff.

They switched to the same ad agency that made the creepy "WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW" Burger King guy. The Slate guy was complaining about it yesterday and I tend to agree. I miss the Jung at Heart ad from 98ish
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: Roger on March 08, 2006, 03:47:21 am
They switched to the same ad agency that made the creepy "WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW" Burger King guy. The Slate guy was complaining about it yesterday and I tend to agree. I miss the Jung at Heart ad from 98ish

One of the last things they did with their former agency (Arnold) was a series of 120 short films for the new Passat, one film for each of the car's features. The studio I work for did about 20 of them, so if you allow me to pimp our stuff while we're on the subject, here's the minisite. (http://www.vw.com/passat/passat_mini_landing/minisite/vw_passat_06.html)
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: miles on March 08, 2006, 04:42:34 am
The Slate guy

He's great, isn't he?  He even replied to a drunk email.

Yes, I drunk email occasionally, even marketing critics.  I also drunk dial.  I'm better now than I used to be, because friends have intervened.
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: Nabubrush on March 08, 2006, 05:05:21 am
He's great, isn't he?  He even replied to a drunk email.

Yes, I drunk email occasionally, even marketing critics.  I also drunk dial.  I'm better now than I used to be, because friends have intervened.

Don't apologize, at least not to me.
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: Lister on March 08, 2006, 10:14:44 pm
I miss the Jung at Heart ad from 98ish

I will always love that series of commericals.  While some songs might not have been the best music out there, they were absolutely perfectly meshed with the visuals.

Also, that's when I learned the true power of downloadable music - I didn't have to buy a CD by Trio.
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: CortJstr on March 08, 2006, 11:00:39 pm
I will always love that series of commericals.  While some songs might not have been the best music out there, they were absolutely perfectly meshed with the visuals.

Also, that's when I learned the true power of downloadable music - I didn't have to buy a CD by Trio.

There's an Elastica version of Da Da Da that's in in english and I have to say that understanding the lyrics doesn't add much.
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: jough on March 08, 2006, 11:20:23 pm
That's funny - Trio's "Da Da Da" was one of the first songs I ever downloaded in mp3.

Also, when I started listening to mp3s Elastica's version had not been recorded yet.  And I bought "The Menace" on CD but ripped it to Minidisc to listen to while on the train.
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on March 11, 2006, 05:09:52 pm
I really like Volkswagen's old print ads personally. You guys have to see these. They're are funny because VW is so honest! No bullshit about it, they make fun of themselves for being ugly and slow, but know that reliable and cheap sells (sold). 

An example: The main line to a Karmann Ghia ad, "It looks beautiful because Volkswagen doesn't build it."

Link (http://www.aircooledads.com/)
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: wombat on March 11, 2006, 09:52:30 pm
But no one does cute (http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/pugbug2.jpg) like VW.
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: miles on March 13, 2006, 02:27:27 am
Aww, a wombat and her pug.
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: pmcd9 on March 13, 2006, 03:16:05 pm
Aww, a wombat and her pug.

What he said...

~Paul
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: Nabubrush on March 13, 2006, 03:21:34 pm
That's a nice picture, right there.
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: wombat on March 13, 2006, 03:25:29 pm
Why thank you. But see, it is the Bug that gives it the "Awww" factor.
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: Nabubrush on March 13, 2006, 03:26:18 pm
Why thank you. But see, it is the Bug that gives it the "Awww" factor.

Begging your pardon, Miss, but I don't think so.
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: Ben-San on March 13, 2006, 08:23:14 pm
Pug, receiving hug, in Bug. A+
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: Bozack on March 13, 2006, 08:29:20 pm
I am a huge fan of the "WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW" ads. If I could get my hands on that mask, there would be SO MUCH PRANKING to be done. My girlfriend would dump me.
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: CortJstr on March 13, 2006, 09:30:05 pm
I am a huge fan of the "WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW" ads. If I could get my hands on that mask, there would be SO MUCH PRANKING to be done. My girlfriend would dump me.

They're definitely obtainable. Slate's Ad Report Card (http://www.slate.com/id/2128569/?nav/mpp/) had a story about them last year. And right before Halloween one Jerry "The King" Lawler wore one during WWE Raw.
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: Bozack on March 14, 2006, 06:41:13 am
Yesss!
Now, the only question is, how do I slip it on un-noticed during sex?
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: CortJstr on March 14, 2006, 02:04:25 pm
Yesss!
Now, the only question is, how do I slip it on un-noticed during sex?

No big deal. She's probably closing her eyes and thinking of The King anyway.
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 14, 2006, 09:13:08 pm
Yesss!
Now, the only question is, how do I slip it on un-noticed during sex?

Well, it would take tricky timing to slip it on between strokes. But you'll still lose it in there if you are talking about Gina.
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: lprkn on April 06, 2006, 02:03:04 am
Even the King is powerless before the awesome power of Gina. The Bermuda Triangle, personified.
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: Ben-San on April 06, 2006, 07:49:43 am
Even the King is powerless before the awesome power of Gina. The Bermuda Triangle, personified.

More like the Her Hoo-Hah Triangle!
Title: Re: VW commercial
Post by: lprkn on April 06, 2006, 08:55:41 pm
Many seamen have been lost in the Her-Hoo-Hah Triangle.