Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: VW commercial  (Read 8486 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jeepers

  • Guest
VW commercial
« on: March 03, 2006, 02:37:04 am »

Is that Karl Hungus in the new vw commercials?

(I'm going on the assumption that most people here are on the same wavelength as me)

Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: VW commercial
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 02:59:43 am »

Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: VW commercial
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 04:41:25 am »

Yes, that is indeed actor Peter Stormare, most famous for either putting his partner in the chipper, or for being a nihilist.

What I want to know is: who's the cute blone chick?

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: VW commercial
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 04:25:59 pm »

What I want to know is: who's the cute blone chick?

Which ad?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: VW commercial
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 06:05:23 pm »

Yes, that is indeed actor Peter Stormare, most famous for either putting his partner in the chipper, or for being a nihilist.


Could he also be... SATAN?

I don't think so: http://www.vw.com/vwlife/commercial.html

Apparently the ad is not in that page... I found it here
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: VW commercial
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 12:12:06 am »

"Jason's" car in that ad has the automobile nuts that started the GOF arc.

WE HAVE COME FULL CIRCLE, PEOPLE. THE INTERNET HAS BEEN COMPLETED.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: VW commercial
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 05:52:19 am »

I don't think so: http://www.vw.com/vwlife/commercial.html

Yeah, I guess someone already beat me to it, but I forgot to mention that the ads in question (there are at least four of them that I've seen with Peter Stormare doing a really bad Sprockets accent) aren't listed on the VW.com site yet.  Pity.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: VW commercial
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 06:42:46 am »

His accent is really bad, but I think that makes the commercials better.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: VW commercial
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2006, 03:27:34 pm »

His accent is really bad, but I think that makes the commercials better.

Worse than his "italian" accent on The Brothers Grimm?

By the way, Terry Gilliam... Why does he have to make it so hard to keep on liking him?
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: VW commercial
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2006, 03:51:29 pm »

Yeah, I guess someone already beat me to it, but I forgot to mention that the ads in question (there are at least four of them that I've seen with Peter Stormare doing a really bad Sprockets accent) aren't listed on the VW.com site yet.  Pity.


Weird, they usually update really quickly. And I don't see many commercials so I didn't notice anything was missing.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: VW commercial
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2006, 03:27:24 am »

Worse than his "italian" accent on The Brothers Grimm?

By the way, Terry Gilliam... Why does he have to make it so hard to keep on liking him?

How can a Swedish guy do a worse cheesy italian accent than an American guy??

To me, he'll always be hitting stuff with a hammer and yelling "Thees is how wee feex theengs on RUSSIAN space station!"
Logged

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: VW commercial
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2006, 06:02:22 pm »

Does anyone else hate these new "Un Pimp my Ride" ads? I really think VW is going down hill as far as TV ads go. I really liked their old stuff.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: VW commercial
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 07:20:11 pm »

I really liked their old stuff.


I liked them better before they sold out.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: VW commercial
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2006, 08:01:54 pm »

Well, this thread is about the new un-pimp my ride ads.  And we love them.  LOVE THEM!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: VW commercial
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2006, 09:46:22 pm »

Does anyone else hate these new "Un Pimp my Ride" ads? I really think VW is going down hill as far as TV ads go. I really liked their old stuff.

They switched to the same ad agency that made the creepy "WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW" Burger King guy. The Slate guy was complaining about it yesterday and I tend to agree. I miss the Jung at Heart ad from 98ish
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up